IGF-2™ Frequently Asked Questions

Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last

  1. . . .
    Last edited by p5sky; 11-07-2008 at 07:21 PM. Reason: duplicate post


  2. not that I can think of, i've taken it that way for a long time
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    Would there be any conflict by taking IGF-2 and ZMA at bedtime?
    the only reservation I would have is that IGF-2 should be taken on an empty stomach to maximize GH effects- but ZMA may make you pretty nauseous if you take it w/o food....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  4. Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    well all this reading about how this product increses test but NOT free test. Whats the point of have all that extra test if its going to get bound up? wouldnt that be like having 1000hp and reving it in neutral, also im not bashing just courious.
    Having increasd test for too long can be detramental to health.
    Having this said would it not be a good idea to combine with a free test boosting product like divinex
    Logical question/comment- yes, you are correct- and it is a valid statement, and I do think it could add to the efficacy of the product.

    Fortunately SHBG (at least in normal humans) does not necessarily bind up all of the increased test, or even a large percentage of it, so increased test (at least in most cases) = increased free test.

    But, to honor your point- increased test plus decreased SHBG= a LARGER percentage of increased free testosterone
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  5. Is it okay to take drive and rpm with the morning empty stomach dose of IGF-2?
    •   
       


  6. yep, i do.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeSexy View Post
    Is it okay to take drive and rpm with the morning empty stomach dose of IGF-2?
    Most definitely. I used to do that all the time.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  8. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    This is an unusual question but would taking something like cycle support be beneficial with IGF-2? My blood pressure has been really quite high as of late... nothing dangerous since it's a short term thing but I'm averaging about 155/95 resting and I'm not taking more than the recommended amount. I'm probably going to cut out coffee and RPM completely and see if that does enough on its own before I think about adding anything else, but I've been going light on those already anyway.

    And my other question which is probably going to get me made fun of but I really don't understand even after reading up... if the safed musli artificially introduces a chemical which converts to testosterone, how does this not affect natural production in any way? Is it just so small that it's not worth worrying about or is there something else I don't understand going on here? I'm not comfortable with the explanation "natural ingredients can't hurt you" which is all people have given me so far, because quite honestly it's a completely ignorant stance. Belladonna is completely natural but I'm sure as hell not going to start eating it.

    Hopefully you guys can understand my concern for my health and realize that I completely understand this isn't near the same as some of the harsh things that people on these boards take but I still care to try to keep myself safe. I just want some answers beyond "lol ur dum it's natural."
  9. Exclamation IGF-2 WILL raise testosterone levels, but withIN the body's NATURAL LIMITS!


    Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    This is an unusual question but would taking something like cycle support be beneficial with IGF-2? My blood pressure has been really quite high as of late... nothing dangerous since it's a short term thing but I'm averaging about 155/95 resting and I'm not taking more than the recommended amount. I'm probably going to cut out coffee and RPM completely and see if that does enough on its own before I think about adding anything else, but I've been going light on those already anyway.
    There is no reason to take Cycle Support while using IGF-2.

    You are hypertensive (normal blood pressure should be <140/90) (ACSM, 2005). Even being a "short-term" thing, this would not result from supplementing with IGF-2. I recommend looking into the reason for it, as it could be anything from stress (if so, supplementing with Relora could help) to an existing [underlying medical] condition, etc.


    Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    And my other question which is probably going to get me made fun of but I really don't understand even after reading up... if the safed musli artificially introduces a chemical which converts to testosterone, how does this not affect natural production in any way? Is it just so small that it's not worth worrying about or is there something else I don't understand going on here? I'm not comfortable with the explanation "natural ingredients can't hurt you" which is all people have given me so far, because quite honestly it's a completely ignorant stance. Belladonna is completely natural but I'm sure as hell not going to start eating it.
    Let's get one thing straight: IGF-2 is NOT hormonal.

    Clarification: Safed Musli (i.e. Chlorophytum Borivilianum) does not ARTIFICIALLY introduce a chemical; it CONTAINS Spirosta-steroidal saponins, which are NATURAL intermediates in the hormonal pathways of the body. One of those intermediates, desoxydiosgenin, can be converted into 11-oxa-5 alpha-androstane-3,17-dione, which can in turn be converted into testosterone (Johns, 1970; Salvi, Mukhurjee & Engel, 1986).

    IGF-2 affects natural production yes, but not from an EXOgenous source (i.e. an exogenous source would be a steroid). The Spirosta-steroidal saponins in Safed Musli are ENDOgenous (i.e. naturally created within the body). Therefore, IGF-2 WILL raise testosterone levels, but withIN the body's NATURAL LIMITS!

    As soon as you stop using IGF-2 your testosterone levels will return to baseline.


    Quote Originally Posted by dpfisher View Post
    Hopefully you guys can understand my concern for my health and realize that I completely understand this isn't near the same as some of the harsh things that people on these boards take but I still care to try to keep myself safe. I just want some answers beyond "lol ur dum it's natural."
    Yes, it's fine to be concerned for your health. And good on you for researching a product before blindly using it. However, from your words it seems that you assuming that IGF-2 is hormonal. Be assured that it is NOT.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  10. When I was mega-dosing IGF-2 (12 caps @175 lbs), I experienced hypotension, which was a first for me.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  11. dpfisher
    dpfisher's Avatar

    Hmm, I don't know why my blood pressure would increase 10-20 points with the addition of IGF-2 and no other changes then. One of the theories was that my already high blood pressure was from excess testosterone but that was already tested to be normal. Perhaps the blood pressure lowering effects just haven't kicked in yet for whatever reason. The reason I asked about cycle support is that it is designed (partially) to control BP, which my medication does fine with most of the time.

    Anyway what I meant by "short term" is "a month of this won't hurt me so I'm not freaking out." But I am still curious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Let's get one thing straight: IGF-2 is NOT hormonal.

    Clarification: Safed Musli (i.e. Chlorophytum Borivilianum) does not ARTIFICIALLY introduce a chemical; it CONTAINS Spirosta-steroidal saponins, which are NATURAL intermediates in the hormonal pathways of the body. One of those intermeidates, desoxydiosgenin, can be converted into 11-oxa-5 alpha-androstane-3,17-dione, which can in turn be converted into testosterone (Johns, 1970; Salvi, Mukhurjee & Engel, 1986).

    IGF-2 affects natural production yes, but not from an EXOgenous source (i.e. an exogenous source would be a steroid). The Spirosta-steroidal saponins in Safed Musli are ENDOgenous (i.e. naturally created within the body). Therefore, IGF-2 WILL raise testosterone levels, but withIN the body's NATURAL LIMITS!
    I understand that there are no active hormones in the plant/pill, however this description does not make sense to me. Is the idea that desoxydiosgenin is naturally found in the body? A google search would have me believe otherwise since all mentions of this compound show up in reference to this supplement or one other from a different company and almost any naturally occurring compound will have at least one study or biology text mentioning it.

  12. Any risk of hair loss associated with IGF-2?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by MoneyAddyct View Post
    Any risk of hair loss associated with IGF-2?
    Not that I am aware of. Although anyone who has/at risk for male pattern baldness may experience it (albeit this would not be because of the product, but because of their inclination towards it).
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  14. I've been taking Drive and Rpm for a little over a month now with great results! I just ordered another bottle of Drive and RPM along with IGF-2 and Neovar. I'm wondering what I should do for the dosing of Neovar and IGF-2 when adding it into my current stack. I'm 225, taking 3 drive in the morning and 3 preworkout with 4 rpm preworkout. Thanks in advance!
  15. Dosing/Timing Schedule for pd278219


    Quote Originally Posted by pd278219 View Post
    I've been taking Drive and Rpm for a little over a month now with great results! I just ordered another bottle of Drive and RPM along with IGF-2 and Neovar. I'm wondering what I should do for the dosing of Neovar and IGF-2 when adding it into my current stack. I'm 225, taking 3 drive in the morning and 3 preworkout with 4 rpm preworkout. Thanks in advance!
    RPM

    Gym (i.e. Resistance Training) Days
    Dose - 4 caps 60-80 min pre-gym (i.e. WITH Drive)

    Non-Gym (i.e. Resistance Training) Days
    Dose - 2 caps first thing in the morning


    Drive

    Gym (i.e. Resistance Training) Days
    Dose 1 - 4 caps first thing in the morning (i.e. with Dose 1 of IGF-2)
    Dose 2 - 3 caps ~60-80 min pre-gym (i.e. WITH RPM)

    Non-Gym (i.e. Resistance Training) Days
    Dose 1 - 4 caps first thing in the morning (i.e. with Dose 1 of IGF-2)
    Dose 2 - 3 caps 6-8 hours later


    IGF-2

    Every Day
    Dose 1 - 4 caps first thing in the morning (i.e. with Dose 1 of Drive)
    Dose 2 - 4 caps last thing at night, just before you go to bed


    NeoVar Recomped

    Gym (i.e. Resistance Training) Days

    Option A
    Dose 1 - 3 caps immediate post-resistance (or cardio, if no resistance training and cardio instead) training AND THEN EAT A MEAL CONTAINING ~50g CARBOHYDRATES 15-20 MINUTES AFTERWARDS
    Dose 2 - 3 caps 15-20 minutes pre-meal with at least 50g carbohydrates (either earlier or later in the day)

    Option B
    Dose 1 - 3 caps 40 min pre-gym
    Dose 2 - 3 caps immediate post-resistance (or cardio, if no resistance training and cardio instead) training AND THEN EAT A MEAL CONTAINING ~50g CARBOHYDRATES 15-20 MINUTES AFTERWARDS

    Option C
    Dose 1 - 3 caps 40 min pre-gym
    Dose 2 - 3 caps immediate post-resistance (or cardio, if no resistance training and cardio instead) training AND THEN EAT A MEAL CONTAINING ~50g CARBOHYDRATES 15-20 MINUTES AFTERWARDS
    Dose 3 - 3 caps 15-20 minutes pre-meal with at least 50g carbohydrates (either earlier or later in the day)

    Non-Gym (i.e. Resistance Training) Days
    Dose 1 - 15-20 minutes before breakfast (should contain at least 50g of carbohydrate)
    Dose 2 - 15-20 minutes before another meal (should contain at least 50g of carbohydrate) during the day
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  16. Thanks a lot I'm really excited to see what this stack can do!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by pd278219 View Post
    Thanks a lot I'm really excited to see what this stack can do!
    No worries. Look forward to great things. Let us know how it goes.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  18. been on 3 days loving the sleep, only been getting 6-7hours but feel great!! hopefully in a week i should start noticing the other effects i will keep posted on results!

  19. Yeah, should by the end of the week, maybe a little longer start noticing the increased libido and some of the other effects

  20. Quote Originally Posted by twuncher View Post
    been on 3 days loving the sleep, only been getting 6-7hours but feel great!! hopefully in a week i should start noticing the other effects i will keep posted on results!
    Yep, the other effects should be noticeable soon, especially muscle hardness and fullness (I notice this in the first few days, along with the elimination of DOMS and better sleep), gains in strength and endurance (keep building weekly) and libido increases (will hit you harder, being a male; MY libido is very dependent on my moods).
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  21. yeah muscle hardness is there with in 3 days, skin a little oily, sleep still amazing! Hitting the gym tonight so will report on endurance/strength increases!

    one thing i'm slightly concerned about is my nipples being sore now, (i have never done a pro-hormone cycle or steroids) i have always had sensitive nipples since a teenager, now on IGF-2 they have become extremely sensitive! debating whether to stop right away or give it a few more days to see if symptoms persist!

  22. Quote Originally Posted by twuncher View Post
    yeah muscle hardness is there with in 3 days, skin a little oily, sleep still amazing! Hitting the gym tonight so will report on endurance/strength increases!

    one thing i'm slightly concerned about is my nipples being sore now, (i have never done a pro-hormone cycle or steroids) i have always had sensitive nipples since a teenager, now on IGF-2 they have become extremely sensitive! debating whether to stop right away or give it a few more days to see if symptoms persist!
    The IGF-2 will NOT be causing your nipple sensitivity/soreness. And FYI, it is NOT a hormonal product!!!
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

  23. yeah i know its not hormonal and was one of the reason i decided to give it a try
    i did wear a new shirt when i noticed it so possible me being paranoid and its just irritation, just obviously the only new supplement im testing, so it was the logical thing to bring it up!

    i will keep posted, thanks for all the info and support Rosie much appreciated.

    I am really enjoying being IGF2 though i cant get over how good the sleep is still

  24. Quote Originally Posted by twuncher View Post
    i did wear a new shirt when i noticed it so possible me being paranoid and its just irritation, just obviously the only new supplement im testing, so it was the logical thing to bring it up!
    brand new never washed polo shirts without a t-shirt underneath do that to me every time

  25. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    brand new never washed polo shirts without a t-shirt underneath do that to me every time
    i get spotty arms from my tshirt sleeves rubbing against my skin. well my gf tells me thats why they get spotty!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. White BLOOD™ FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
    By ddawg91 in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Log in
Log in