IGF-2™ Frequently Asked Questions

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Question: I am ~188-190lbs on average and when I take the IGF-2 recommended dosage of 6 caps per day, I get chubby around my mid section believe or not. Mid day I can feel it coming on bigtime. Like fluid is gathering there. I think there is a high amount of estrogen conversion going on in my case, that's the feeling I get anyhow.

What do you recommend I do?
    Just taking the nightime dose and assess after a week?
    or
    throw in an AI?...because I have ALRI's Restore on hand.

Thanks

2. O.G. Appnut
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

G29er and Cordeen..... 2 questions I am going to research and discuss w/ Dirk and get back to you on.

Cordeen, do you feel this on a single day's use of IGF-2?
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by g29er View Post
    These Sides from L-Dopa have me a little worried are the mentioned inhibitors in this product? This is from Wikipedia.

Levodopa(L-Dopa) is used as a prodrug to increase dopamine levels for the treatment of Parkinson's disease, since it is able to cross the blood-brain barrier whereas dopamine itself cannot. Once levodopa has entered the central nervous system (CNS), it is metabolized to dopamine by aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase. However, conversion to dopamine also occurs in the peripheral tissues, causing adverse effects and decreasing the available dopamine to the CNS, so it is standard practice to co-administer a peripheral DOPA decarboxylase inhibitor – carbidopa or benserazide – and often a catechol-O-methyl transferase (COMT) inhibitor.

Adverse effects

Possible adverse drug reactions include:

* Hypotension, especially if the dosage is too high.
    * Arrhythmias, although these are uncommon.
    * Nausea, which is often helped by taking the drug with food, although protein interferes with drug absorption.
    * Gastrointestinal bleeding.
    * Disturbed respiration. This is not always harmful, and can actually benefit patients with upper airway obstruction.
    * Hair loss.
    * Confusion.
    * Extreme emotional states, particularly anxiety, but also excessive libido.
    * Vivid dreams and/or fragmented sleep.
    * Visual and possibly auditory hallucinations.
    * Effects on learning. There is some evidence that it improves working memory, while impairing other complex functions.
    * Sleepiness and sleep attacks.
    * a condition similar to amphetamine psychosis.

Although there are a number of adverse effects associated with levodopa, particularly psychiatric ones, it has fewer than other anti-Parkinson's drugs, including anticholinergics, amantadine, and dopamine agonists.

More serious are the effects of chronic levodopa administration, which include:

* End-of-dose deterioration of function.
    * On/off oscillations.
    * Freezing during movement.
    * Dose failure (drug resistance).
    * Dyskinesia at peak dose.

Clinicians will try to avoid these by limiting levodopa dosages as far as possible until absolutely necessary.
    I understand your concerns, but the potential for these side effects from IGF-2 is minimal, and none of these negative effects have been reported by any users of the compound- the only one I have seen is limited sleep in a couple people- but most people report deeper, more restful sleep from IGF-2. Most of these aforementioned sides only occur w/ extreme supraphysiological dosages of L-Dopa, not with the low to moderate dose included in the product, and we do recommend that IGF-2 be cycled in a time on=time off fashion.
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post
    Question: I am ~188-190lbs on average and when I take the IGF-2 recommended dosage of 6 caps per day, I get chubby around my mid section believe or not. Mid day I can feel it coming on bigtime. Like fluid is gathering there. I think there is a high amount of estrogen conversion going on in my case, that's the feeling I get anyhow.

What do you recommend I do?
    Just taking the nightime dose and assess after a week?
    or
    throw in an AI?...because I have ALRI's Restore on hand.

Thanks
    Are you taking any other supps beside IGF-2?

Yes, it sounds like H20 retention- but it could be from a lot of different factors.....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Answers

This was a couple of months ago , and at the time I was taking it with RPM and Neovar. I plan to start it again in a few days after I complete my Activate Extreme log. Even taking 1 cap 3 times/day is another option I was going to play with. Plus I am favoring running Restore with it, as I mentioned above.
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post
    This was a couple of months ago , and at the time I was taking it with RPM and Neovar. I plan to start it again in a few days after I complete my Activate Extreme log. Even taking 1 cap 3 times/day is another option I was going to play with. Plus I am favoring running Restore with it, as I mentioned above.
    Ok- makes more sense now I think it has to do with the NeoVar/IGF-2 interaction/synergism- and this is something that has only happened with a few people, and it is mostly b/c NeoVar is very, very good at super-saturating the muscle with glycogen, water, and creatine due to its high rhodiola and banaba content. IGF-2 also contains additional rhodiola as well, and large amounts of rhodiola allow for greater amounts of creatine and glycogen uptake.

However, sometimes there can be some carb spillover during supersaturation, and that is most likely what is causing the sub-q water retention- just reduce the dosages a little next time, and maybe add a little phosphorous and potassium into your supplementation....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks
  8. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    I understand your concerns, but the potential for these side effects from IGF-2 is minimal, and none of these negative effects have been reported by any users of the compound- the only one I have seen is limited sleep in a couple people- but most people report deeper, more restful sleep from IGF-2. Most of these aforementioned sides only occur w/ extreme supraphysiological dosages of L-Dopa, not with the low to moderate dose included in the product, and we do recommend that IGF-2 be cycled in a time on=time off fashion.
    I had "Vivid dreams" i'd say, not that there is anything wrong with it. Not interrupted sleep tho since mine is already so choppy from getting up to go to the bathroom so often
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  9. Gold Member
    Answers

has anyone ran this for 12 weeks? i got 4 bottles ..thinking trying it for 12
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Thumbs up

I'm into my first week of IGF-2 at 9 pills a day (I'm right at 200 pounds) and am liking the results so far.

Sleep is super deep and the vivid dreams are crazy. I'm also getting sleep time distortion meaning there's been a couple of days where I felt like I had been out for 12 hours but then looked at the clock and it was only 2-4 hours I had been out cold.

I'm also stacking this with Diesel Test, so I think with the Zinc in Diesel Test, this makes a pretty solid dream weaver combo!

I am getting a blood test in the next couple of weeks so will see what the results are. Unfortunately I don't have a before picture to compare it against, but at least I can compare it with averages. I think I have an estrogen issue (not related to this product in anyway, just something I've been looking at on my own) to so will be interesting to see what comes up and what I can throw at that to get it back to the right levels.

Anyway I'm not looking forward to the 4 weeks off part LOL
  11. Gold Member
    Answers

igf-2 rox..love being on it..i slee better and am def stronger..great supplement
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

In two weeks im getting hernia surgery and gonna be out for two weeks at least from that. I havent been able to run or lift legs or clean in two weeks. After the recovery it will be 6 weeks without a sqaut or power clean. I want to run IGF-2 following my recovery for eight weeks. I'm 220 pounds so im ordering two bottles for the 8 weeks and im gonna strecth them out. I was just wondering if IGF-2 will help with recovery? Coming back from not lifting for six weeks im gonna be sore as hell and I dont wana blow out a sore hammy or hip lifting. Will IGF-2 help with overall soreness and recovery time?
  13. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

yes it will help with recovery and soreness. If you want to stretch it even futher, you can possibly use something like MST's somnidren GH as a sleep aide, and then do IGF-2 as 4 caps 2x a day.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

I ussually take 5 grams of glutamine before bed with a gram of lysine. How much more effective will MST's somnidren GH be in recovery? I really dont need help sleeping, is there other products that do the same thing but arent sleep aides?
  15. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Eh, i'd just stick with the IGF 2 then dosed as 3x3 I was kind of figuring at least short term after the surgery you'd likely have a harder time sleeping, and that way you could run the IGF2 at a higher daytime dose by skipping the night dose.
    This space for rent

16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

arite easy E thanks. hopefully with IGF-2 and a couple other supps ill be back to 100% in 4-5 weeks of lifting
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

If Im 6-2 220 9.4% Body Fat, And Trying To Add Solid Pounds, What Is The Optimum Dosage And Times To Take Them At? I Lift At 3:15 Pm And Get Up Around 10:00 Am.
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pavb10 View Post
    If Im 6-2 220 9.4% Body Fat, And Trying To Add Solid Pounds, What Is The Optimum Dosage And Times To Take Them At? I Lift At 3:15 Pm And Get Up Around 10:00 Am.
    Your body weight is roughly half-way between the recommended 9 capsules per day for 200 lbs and 12 capsules per day for 250+ pounds. Since you are trying to gain quality lean mass, I would recommend 12 capsules. For perspective, I weigh about 237 and take 15 caps per day.

So:
    1) Optimal dosage amount for you: 12 capsules daily (3 x 4 capsules)
    2) Optimal dosing times:
    - 4 capsules upon waking (on an empty stomach and about 45 minutes before breakfast)
    - 4 capsules about 45 minutes pre-workout on an empty stomach. On non-workout days, 4 capsules in the afternoon on an empty stomach, about 45 minutes before a meal.
    - 4 capsules before sleep on an empty stomach.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  19. Banned
    Answers

Well, I'm only on day two now, but I've been ravenously hungry since yesterday morning. About an hour after I passed out last night, I actually woke up out of sheer hunger, and ran to the fridge.

Is this a normal reaction? I'm stacking with Drive.
  20. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I don't recall anyone experiencing that with IGF-2, maybe someone else has
    This space for rent

21. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I don't recall anyone experiencing that with IGF-2, maybe someone else has
    weird. this is for a cut, and starting monday I'll be alternating venom and lipotropin am each week, so I'm not that concerned about it. just curious.
  22. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

if you asked the same question on neovar, i'd say yes it is normal.

Is it carb cravings or just general hunger?
    This space for rent

23. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuy02;
    Well, I'm only on day two now, but I've been ravenously hungry since yesterday morning. About an hour after I passed out last night, I actually woke up out of sheer hunger, and ran to the fridge.

Is this a normal reaction? I'm stacking with Drive.
    Probably a surge in testosterone levels. Elevated testosterone levels trigger appetite.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  24. Banned
    Answers

could be. I'm also on 6-oxo (last week of pct), so my test may be elevated a lot with the inclusion of this.

no, it's not really carb cravings...more like a need to stuff my face with whatever food i can find. Yesterday got home and before going to the gym i finished a half lb. of turkey breast coldcuts and half a box of wheat thins. Then I came back and snacked again before hitting the shower and coming out for dinner!
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Answers

Thumbs up Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Probably a surge in testosterone levels. Elevated testosterone levels trigger appetite.
    This is why I mention IGF-2 as my favorite bulking product...lol.
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Answers

I'm experiencing the same thing. hunger levels are up the past couple days on igf-2. I will update my log about it tomorrow.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  164 lbs.
    Answers

If theres one problem with my bodybuilding Journey, thats my appetite that seems to limit my eating, I absolutely hate eating food only to get a sick/bloaty feeling even before you finish it. Hate that. On my 2nd day of IGF-2, i felt like i had a hole in my stomach, i downed lots of food easily and still felt hungry after. Im sure its to do with an increase in testostereone. Loving appetite increases with this i have to admit!

Guys....I will be running a cycle of Formestane next month after my current RPM/Drive/IGF-2 stack, and will be stacking the form with another bottle of IGF-2, should this be okay?
  28. Registered User
    Answers

how many mg of Mucuna pruriens is in IGF-2 25% around 125mg of Mucuna pruriens right?
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.
    Answers

I read earlier in this thread that "ice" was taking dth and igf-2.. This stack sounds interesting to me.anyways, could i run igf-2, dth, and stoked at the same time? if I was to take this stack would I have any shutdown? Would it be testosterone overload? should i take out the stoked and replace it with Activate X? I think that this stack would be pretty mean! what do yall think?
  30. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crowpass View Post
    I read earlier in this thread that "ice" was taking dth and igf-2.. This stack sounds interesting to me.anyways, could i run igf-2, dth, and stoked at the same time? if I was to take this stack would I have any shutdown? Would it be testosterone overload? should i take out the stoked and replace it with Activate X? I think that this stack would be pretty mean! what do yall think?
    IGF-2 and Activate Extreme make for a mean muscle gain/bulking stack.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.
    Answers

anyone else got any input.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crowpass View Post
    DTH
    Igf-2
    Stoked

These are all used to boost natural test and/or GH. That means no shutdown. You only get shutdown from synthetics like designer steroids. I dont think you would really need to take all 3 of these either. I think you would be good with igf-2 and one or the other on DTH/Stoked.
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Answers

well all this reading about how this product increses test but NOT free test. Whats the point of have all that extra test if its going to get bound up? wouldnt that be like having 1000hp and reving it in neutral, also im not bashing just courious.
    Having increasd test for too long can be detramental to health.
    Having this said would it not be a good idea to combine with a free test boosting product like divinex
  34. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    Having this said would it not be a good idea to combine with a free test boosting product like divinex
    Which is why I recommended stacking with Activate Extreme (in post #70). Or, yes, you could stack straight with Divanex, as it's the active ingredient in AX. This would probably be the best stack.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Would there be any conflict by taking IGF-2 and ZMA at bedtime?
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Answers

. . .
    Last edited by p5sky; 11-07-2008 at 06:21 PM. Reason: duplicate post
  37. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

not that I can think of, i've taken it that way for a long time
    This space for rent

38. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    Would there be any conflict by taking IGF-2 and ZMA at bedtime?
    the only reservation I would have is that IGF-2 should be taken on an empty stomach to maximize GH effects- but ZMA may make you pretty nauseous if you take it w/o food....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  39. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    well all this reading about how this product increses test but NOT free test. Whats the point of have all that extra test if its going to get bound up? wouldnt that be like having 1000hp and reving it in neutral, also im not bashing just courious.
    Having increasd test for too long can be detramental to health.
    Logical question/comment- yes, you are correct- and it is a valid statement, and I do think it could add to the efficacy of the product.

Fortunately SHBG (at least in normal humans) does not necessarily bind up all of the increased test, or even a large percentage of it, so increased test (at least in most cases) = increased free test.

But, to honor your point- increased test plus decreased SHBG= a LARGER percentage of increased free testosterone
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  40. Registered User
    Answers

Is it okay to take drive and rpm with the morning empty stomach dose of IGF-2?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. White BLOOD™ FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
    By ddawg91 in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 04:41 PM