Which product for bone rescontruction after hand injury (broken hand)?

Goffio69

Awards
Hi,
I broke my hand last week and plan to use stuff for help my bone rescontruction.
Which stuff do you guys advise me to take?
Osteo-Sport or Osteobolin-C?
What about the optimal dosage for my weight (157 lbs)? Should I double the recommanded dosage (for exemple 6 caps/day of Osteo-Sport instead of 3)?

I also plan to use calcium from Now Foods. The have two calcium based product: Bone calcium and Citrate calcium.
What's the difference and which one's better for my injury? What about the dosage?

Thanx in advance,

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
Osteobolin-C : whatever the box says
l-glutamine : a gram every 1-2 hours about ten grams a day
calcium supp : any one double the dosage on the box

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi,
I broke my hand last week and plan to use stuff for help my bone rescontruction.
Which stuff do you guys advise me to take?
Osteo-Sport or Osteobolin-C?
What about the optimal dosage for my weight (157 lbs)? Should I double the recommanded dosage (for exemple 6 caps/day of Osteo-Sport instead of 3)?

I also plan to use calcium from Now Foods. The have two calcium based product: Bone calcium and Citrate calcium.
What's the difference and which one's better for my injury? What about the dosage?

Thanx in advance,
I would recommend OsteoSport. (And you DON'T need to double your recommended dosage). Dose it at 4 caps first thing in the morning. OR do a double dose, with Dose 1 - 3 caps first thing in the morning, and Dose 2 - 2 caps before bed at night.

It wouldn't matter what calcium product you used. It won't help with reconstructing the bone in your hand. To do that you have to be taking a whole host of OTHER supplements as well.

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend OsteoSport. (And you DON'T need to double your recommended dosage). Dose it at 4 caps first thing in the morning. OR do a double dose, with Dose 1 - 3 caps first thing in the morning, and Dose 2 - 2 caps before bed at night.

It wouldn't matter what calcium product you used. It won't help with reconstructing the bone in your hand. To do that you have to be taking a whole host of OTHER supplements as well.
seems like your a real fan of this osteo sport its the first i have heard about it. obvilously not just a calcium supp ?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
seems like your a real fan of this osteo sport its the first i have heard about it. obvilously not just a calcium supp ?
Rosie has lots of joint issues from years of hard and excessive training. Osteobolin-C was the first product ever to eliminate the pains/problems. And OsteoSport is several grades UP on Osteobolin-C.

OsteoSport is NOT a calcium supplement at all (don't know where you got THAT idea).

Osteo-Sport™

Osteo-Sport™ is the first and only multi-functional, time-release joint support designed specifically for athletes; from the weekend warrior to elite professionals!

It contains Applied Nutriceuticals’ proprietary Joint-Glide™ Mobility Complex, which naturally reduces inflammation caused by over-use and rigorous exercise. It also stimulates your body’s production of synovial fluid - which helps lubricate and cushion joints and tendons.

Osteo-Sport also incorporates our exclusive CGC2 Joint Regeneration Matrix™ which promotes collagen synthesis and aids in the regeneration of connective tissue. A potent anti-catabolic, Osteo-Sport also supports lean muscle and recovery after training or stress by suppressing cortisol and promoting nutrient delivery into tendons, cartilage and ligaments.

Osteo-Sport comes in convenient, easy-to-swallow capsules and you only need 3-5 per day (depending on body weight – see dosage chart for details). Best of all, it takes only days - not weeks or months - to feel the positive effects of Osteo-Sport!

For more information on Osteosport: http://www.appliednutriceuticals.com/our_products_osteo-sport.php.

Goffio69

Awards
Thanx guys :)
I've already used Osteobolin-C during 4 month non stop and suffered knee pain after I stopped taking it.
I'm gonna try Osteo-sport and hope not to have the same side effect again.
By the way, why isn't calcium good for bone rescontruction?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Supplementing to Optimize Bone Remodelling

Thanx guys :)
You're welcome.

I've already used Osteobolin-C during 4 month non stop and suffered knee pain after I stopped taking it.
The pain would NOT have been a "side effect" of Osteobolin-C; the pain that you had BEFORE using the product would simply have RETURNED (which tends to happen when you stop taking something that eliminates it).

I'm gonna try Osteo-sport and hope not to have the same side effect again.
If you take OsteoSport, and stop taking it, withOUT taking anything for your joints, etc. after it, then it IS possible that the pain may return, yes.

By the way, why isn't calcium good for bone rescontruction?
I didn't say that calcium wasn't good for bone reconstruction; I said "It wouldn't matter what calcium product you used. It won't help with reconstructing the bone in your hand. To do that you have to be taking a whole host of OTHER supplements as well." I should have said that calcium ALONE won't help with reconstructing the bone in your hand, because it requires other things as well.

Reason: Bones are not JUST made of calcium; they have both organic and inorganic components. Organic substances include osteoblasts, osteocytes, osteoclasts. and osteoids (made up of collagen fibres, proteoglycans and glycoproteins); and contribute to the flexibility and tensile strength of bone. Inorganic substances include hydroxyapatites (i.e. mineral salts), which are predominantly calcium phosphates; and contribute to the hardness and ability to resist compression of bone (Marieb, 2004).

Breaks in bone usually occurs from the breaking of sacrificial bonds on or between collagen molecules, and in the absence of trauma, most of these will reform (Marieb, 2004).

Process of Bone 'Reconstruction'/Remodelling: A fibrocartilaginous callus (i.e. fibroblasts produce collagen fibres that connect the broken bones; and osteoblasts begin forming spongy bone) is formed within a few days of a break in the bone. New bone trabeculae appears within the fibrocartilaginous callus within a week. The trabeculae gradually convert to a bony callus of spongy bone, a formation that occurs over a couple of months. Once the bony callus is formed, it is remodelled over several months, with compact bone being laid down to reconstruct the shaft walls, until the bone resembles the original unbroken bone (Marieb, 2004).

Bone remodelling is a process of self-repair, and occurs through bone deposit (Marieb, 2004).

"Bone deposit occurs whenever bone is injured or added strength is required. For optimal bone deposit, a health diet rich in proteins, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin A, and several minerals (calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and manganese, to name a few) is essential" (Marieb, 2004, p. 187).

Therefore, to maximize the bone reconstruction/bone remodelling of your hand, you would need to be supplementing adequately with proteins, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin A, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and manganese, etc.

Mu5tang69

Banned
Awards
i jus broke my hand & i was looking for sups to assist in healing broken bones & i came across that DHEA stacked w/ D3 shud be gud http://www.anti-agingmd.com/dhea.html

"DHEA is the only hormone that can both inhibit bone breakdown and stimulate bone formation. Plus, DHEA is a precursor to estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone, all of which prevent bone loss in their own rights.

Bone cells convert DHEA to estrone, a type of estrogen that in turn increases the activity of bone-making cells called osteoblasts. DHEA's transformation into estrone depends on the presence of vitamin D3. (Likewise, D3 requires DHEA to stimulate osteoblasts. It can't do the job alone.) "

Goffio69

Awards
Guejsn > thanx for all these precisions, but for my osteobolin 'side effect', I was taking it after a previous hand injury and in any case for knee pain...that's why I find really weird what's happen with my knee after stoping taking the product.

Mu5tang69 > What about the dailly dosage for DHEA ?

Guejsn > What's your opinion about Mu5tang69 DHEA link ?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guejsn > thanx for all these precisions, but for my osteobolin 'side effect', I was taking it after a previous hand injury and in any case for knee pain...that's why I find really weird what's happen with my knee after stoping taking the product.
What else were you doing at the time, though? Activity levels? Exercise? Exercise mode? There are so many things that it could be attributed to. Pain would most certainly NOT be a side effect of such a product, especially since all it has in it is Cissus and vitamin C.

[Guejsn > What's your opinion about Mu5tang69 DHEA link ?
Interesting. I would like to see his references for the article. Since DHEA IS a hormone, taking it could affect your hormone levels and have other effects other than that you are looking for. Personally, I wouldn't recommend taking hormones, but doing everything else that you possibly can to maximize the recovery/rehabilitation of your hand.

Goffio69

Awards
What else were you doing at the time, though? Activity levels? Exercise? Exercise mode? There are so many things that it could be attributed to. Pain would most certainly NOT be a side effect of such a product, especially since all it has in it is Cissus and vitamin C.
I wasn't doing any special training which could affect my knee. Just two time/week pentjak silat (indonesian martial art) but I have never feel any pain before.
Anyway, I'll give a try to osteo-sport.

Interesting. I would like to see his references for the article. Since DHEA IS a hormone, taking it could affect your hormone levels and have other effects other than that you are looking for. Personally, I wouldn't recommend taking hormones, but doing everything else that you possibly can to maximize the recovery/rehabilitation of your hand.
Which other product (and the dosage) would you recommand me to take with osteo-sport ?

Mu5tang69

Banned
Awards
Mu5tang69 > What about the dailly dosage for DHEA ?

im unsure of the dosage. i havent started supplementing with the dhea yet, kinda wana safe it for SFW. Remember u hav to stack it w/vitamin D3 to stimulate osteoblasts.

here is the link : DHEA

a nurse told me that DHEA is also used for treatment of osteoporosis.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't doing any special training which could affect my knee. Just two time/week pentjak silat (indonesian martial art) but I have never feel any pain before.
Anyway, I'll give a try to osteo-sport.

Which other product (and the dosage) would you recommand me to take with osteo-sport ?
Hmmm...

Other products? Aside from supplementing adequately with proteins, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin A, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and manganese, etc., either from diet and/or supplements, have you asked a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL about this? They SHOULD be able to point you in the right direction.

im unsure of the dosage. i havent started supplementing with the dhea yet, kinda wana safe it for SFW. Remember u hav to stack it w/vitamin D3 to stimulate osteoblasts.

here is the link : DHEA

a nurse told me that DHEA is also used for treatment of osteoporosis.
Dosages would be different for each individual.

The link didn't work. Don't worry, is not that important.

That may be so. However, the majority of patients with osteoporosis are older females (yes, there are some younger females, especially if they have been anorexic (decrease in BMD), etc., but the MAJORITY are OLDER), many of which are already using HRT post-menopause.

Mu5tang69

Banned
Awards
The link didn't work. Don't worry, is not that important.

That may be so. However, the majority of patients with osteoporosis are older females (yes, there are some younger females, especially if they have been anorexic (decrease in BMD), etc., but the MAJORITY are OLDER), many of which are already using HRT post-menopause.

im not worried... im jus fillin in ur request :)

that is true... DHEA is used to inhibit bone breakdown and stimulate bone formation w/patients with osteoporosis. im sure u dont hav2 be a older female w/osteoporosis in order to make the compound work.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im not worried... im jus fillin in ur request :)

that is true... DHEA is used to inhibit bone breakdown and stimulate bone formation w/patients with osteoporosis. im sure u dont hav2 be a older female w/osteoporosis in order to make the compound work.
Of course you wouldn't have to be an older female.

Anyways, guys, I've helped as much as I can (the exercise components of rehabilitation, not the medical/drug therapy, is my area of expertise). I suggest you do some more personal research or go to a doctor for medical recommendations on substances to use to aid in the healing process.

Mu5tang69

Banned
Awards

i see what ur saying, im sure a Dr. will not prescribe/recommend compounds to a patient to be used together if they will conflict, not that im saying this what u r implying. obviously it wud be one choice or the other, if the compounds where to conflict.

my point also shud be obvious for the reason why i bring up patients w/osteoporosis supplementing DHEA

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i see what ur saying, but obviously a Dr. will not prescribe/recommend compounds to be used together if they will conflict, id hope so. most likely it wud be one choice or the other. if the compounds where to conflict.
No, they wouldn't (that would be irresponsible). Chances are, if you are using HRT, then you won't need DHEA.

Right, I am out of this thread now, boys. Good luck to you both in your recovery.

Mu5tang69

Banned
Awards
No, they wouldn't (that would be irresponsible). Chances are, if you are using HRT, then you won't need DHEA.

Right, I am out of this thread now, boys. Good luck to you both in your recovery.

that shud be obvious as far as HRT goes....

my purpose for bringing up patients w/osteoporosis that "do" use DHEA, is just a example for what the compound can accomplish with a patient's bones.

thank you my recovery shudnt be a long one:)

Goffio69, good luck bro. i hope ur recovery will hav a positive outcome:)

Goffio69

Awards
Thanx for your help guys :)
I'll keep you informed if I find the magic compound ;)

The Tanya

The Tanya

AN Rep
Awards
Thanx for your help guys :)
I'll keep you informed if I find the magic compound ;)
Have you tried the new Osteo-sport? Forumulated for athletes with MSM, Chondroitin, Glucosomine, 40% Cissus, Bioperine, Hyluronic acid, etc. etc. That's our latest and greatest joint support. Beta testing results were excellent and the feed back has been great. Just thought I would ask if you have looked into this yet.