Animal Barbell Club

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
The ABCs: Animal Barbell Club

Animal. The word is synonymous with a certain way of life, a true passion for the game. The journey each of us is on can be lonely. No longer... Welcome to the "Animal Barbell Club", or the ABC as we call it. The ABC represents the building blocks of Animal itself... Building something greater. Building a community, creating a positive environment for growth and a sharing of knowledge. If you've ever visited The Cage at the Arnold Expo, then you know what we're talking about. The ABC takes these ideas, these values, to the next level.

Why is this community, this shared experience important? Because so few understand why we do what we do. Animal does. The ABC provides the proper outlet, a real and meaningful opportunity for serious lifters everywhere to get together to train, talk and share their experiences. At each ABC event, there is a training component and an eating component. Lift hard and eat big. What else is there brothers?

So what does it take to join? Simple. You have to have heart and a genuine love for the iron... You don't have to be the biggest or the strongest. The ABC is not an ego trip or an opportunity to show someone up. It's about support and community. Camaraderie is the name of the game.

At some of the larger events, you might even be fortunate enough to see some elite bodybuilders and powerlifters who are at the top of their games. For example, lifters who attended the Philly event in October got to work in with Evan "Ox" Centopani, Erk "The House" Fankhouser, and Vinny Galanti among others.

So, you interested in signing up and joining? Piece of cake--it's as easy as 1-2-3. First, register in The Forvm Animalpak.com . Second, check out the Complete List of chapters in "the Board" section--it provides an up-to-date list of the current established and pending chapters of the ABC. Third, choose the one closest to you, get in touch with the local ABC Coordinator, and post your intentions in that ABC chapter thread. It's that easy. If you don't see a chapter close to you, we encourage you to start your own on "The Board". Brothers, it's growing. We're moving forward.

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Animal Barbell Club FAQ’s

1. What is the Animal Barbell Club?
Animal. The word is synonymous with a certain way of life, a true passion for the game. The journey each of us is on can be lonely. No longer... Welcome to the "Animal Barbell Club", or the "ABC" as we call it for short. Why A-B-C? Because these three letters represent the basics, the primary building blocks of Animal itself... Motivation. The desire to build something greater, to constantly strive for improvement. Community. Creating a positive environment for growth and a sharing and disssemination of knowledge and experience. If you've ever read an article on Anmalpak.com, visited The Cage at the Arnold Expo, then you know what we're talking about. The ABC takes all these ideas, these values inherent to Animal, to the next level.

Why is this community, this shared experience important? Because so few understand why we do what we do. Animal does. The ABC provides the proper outlet, a real and meaningful opportunity for serious lifters everywhere to get together to train, talk and share their experiences. At each ABC event, there is a training component and an eating component. Lift hard and eat big. What else is there brothers?

2. How do I find out if there is a local chapter of the ABCs near me?
Easy. Check “The Board” section of the F O R V M. In particular, check out this thread which lists all the current ABC Chapters. There are approximately 60+ Chapters worldwide... And growing.There are many Chapters already established. Chances are there is one near you. If not, consider starting one yourself. See FAQ #4 below.

3. How do I join my local Chapter?
Go to your local Chapter's thread in "The Board" section of the F O R V M. Introduce yourself. State your intentions. ABC Coordinators will need to take headcounts for each event.

4. What if there is no ABC Chapter near me. How do I start one?
If you find there is no established Chapter near you, feel free to start your own. Go to “The Board” section and hit “Post New Topic”, and create a thread including the city or state where you'd like to start it. For example: “Bronx Animals”. One of the Watchmen will then activate the thread. Once the thread is up and public, see how much interest there is. Get your friends, lifting partners, and other like-minded individuals involved. Have them sign up in the F O R V M, and post in your thread. Once you get enough members for an event (there is no minimum or maximum), find a suitable gym, talk to the management, and set up a date.

5. How do I set up an ABC, what do I say to the gym owner/manager?
Once you’ve found a suitable gym (likely, the one you train at), the next step is to approach the owner/manager and explain to them that you are interested in getting a group together and organizing an ABC event. Let them know what the ABCs are all about. If you like, you can have the management contact us at Corporate. Let them know that they will receive free publicity on our F O R V M, as well as other bodybuilding forums. Ask what the guest fee is for each person. If you need any help talking to the management, give Corporate a call. There's a chance we already have an existing business relationship with that gym. Pick suitable date. The final step is to find a solid place to eat. After some hard lifting, the first thing you'll want to do is eat. Make any necessary arrangements or reservations, if needed. Once everything is confirmed, let the Regional ABC Coordinator know. It'll also be a good idea to let Enforcer and naturalguy know as well so that they can help coordinate the event. Now you can post the information in your Chapter's thread, let everyone know what the guest fee is ahead of time so that they are prepared. Finally, post your event on the F O R V M's calendar, "24/7/365". Again, if you need help, get in touch with naturalguy or Enforcer.

6. What kind of support to we receive from Corporate?
For your first event, we will send out an ABC "care package" to the official ABC Coordinator. This care package typically includes: (1) Animal Pak banner (to be signed and held up in group photo); (2) assorted supplement samples, and (3) assorted literature (such as flyers, brochures, Journey Books). ABC Coordinators should contact naturalguy or Enforcer with a headcount to get this care package.

7. I got the Animal Banner and it is signed, what do I do with it?
Hold on to it and keep it safe. Bring it to your next event and have new members sign it. Before the Arnold Classic, it will be requested by Corporate. Corporate will then proudly hang all of the Animal Banners in The Cage.

8. Do I get a free t-shirt at an ABC?
If it is your first time at an ABC, provided you wear your own Animal gear (verified by coordinators and pictures of the event) then you will receive a complimentary t-shirt from corporate after the event. Give your information to your ABC coordinator. Coordinators will then contact naturalguy or Enforcer with a list of verified names and shirt sizes.

9. What tools are available to help promote the ABC's?

There are several pre made flyers available:

http://forum.animalpak.com/media/ABCFlyer.pdf

http://forum.animalpak.com/media/ABC_Form.pdf

10. Is there anything I need to do during the ABC event?
Aside from crushing the iron, nothing much. In the gym, it's your time to get the job done with your fellow Animals. Feel free to take pictures of your event so that you can post them up in the "The Gallery" section. Many Chapters have posted not only pictures, but video as well. Be creative. Be Animal. Once the lifting is done, be sure to get together to sign the Animal Banner, and to have a group picture taken with the Banner held proudly.

11. Is there anything I need to do after the ABC event?
The ABC coordinator or another member of the Chapter should post pictures up in the "The Gallery" section. This is to immortalize your event. This is to show others what you have accomplished that day.

12. Is there a minimum or maximum numbers of members needed for an event?
It's not about numbers. It's about the spirit of camaraderie. ABC events have ranged from 3 members all the way to 60+ members. While the ABC is an idea, a concept fostered by Animal, in the end, it is a product of your imagination and your will.

13. How often can I have an ABC event?
Things have not yet been set in stone, though they will in the near future. At that time, we will provide details as to what constitutes and "official" ABC event. Regardless, feel free to get together with other members of your ABC Chapter as often as you like. Remember, the ABCs aren't meant to be overly formal. In the end, it's ultimately about Animal providing a means and an opportunity for like-minded brothers to together to speak (in the ABC thread), train (at the gym), and share a meal.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Sweet!!! Anybody in Washington State that's interested or has questions about this, please feel free to hit me up...:thumbsup:

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established
I love everything the ABC' represent- the iron, the brotherhood, and the love of the sport. There is nothing like getting together with a group of guys and just moving weight. Then going out to get a meal afterwards. It really shows the family aspect of Animal.

Hola Bola

Hola Bola

Awards
Nice write-up Eric!

FYI... Upcoming KANSAS CITY ABC Event...

Day/Time: Saturday August 9th, 11AM

Place: Gold's Gym, Lee's Summit (aka Xtreme Fitness)

Workout: I'm doing Legs.

PWO Meal: All you can eat Taco's for $6.49!

FREE 7 DAY PASS TO GOLDS HERE - http://goldsgym.regsignup.com/fl3/lp3/

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really gotta get to one of these, from the pics I have seen they are ridiculous

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Dang I doubt there's a chapter near me in West Virginia!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man for the first time in my life I wish I was from Wva,(no offense of course) an opportunity to work out with house

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
man for the first time in my life I wish I was from Wva,(no offense of course) an opportunity to work out with house
No doubt!!! The East Coast always has awesome sessions!!!

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established
No doubt!!! The East Coast always has awesome sessions!!!
From what I have seen in pictures you aren't lying bro. The West Coast is going to have to pick it up a little bit.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
From what I have seen in pictures you aren't lying bro. The West Coast is going to have to pick it up a little bit.
Rage has one coming up, in Cali... Muscle Beach and eats at The Firehouse!!!:head:

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established
Rage has one coming up, in Cali... Muscle Beach and eats at The Firehouse!!!:head:
Nice, can't wait to see the pics from the event. Also the ABC at the O show provide for a big event as well.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
We currently got something on the order of 70+ different ABC chapters all over the world. To see if there's a local chapter near you, check out the first post here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13075

Anyone interested in hittin' the iron with some like-minded fellas, then sharing a meal afterwards, we encourage anyone to join up. Just post in the appropriate ABC thread.

If ya wanna see what happens, check out the pics from various ABC events: http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

Opiewags99

Opiewags99

Awards
I can't wait till one gets up in North Jersey, I loved the one as Skibas

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Anyone around the North Carolina area feel free to message me about attending an event.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I can't wait till one gets up in North Jersey, I loved the one as Skibas
I believe the next one will be near Atlantic City for the pro show there. September right? The Jersey ABC goes all over--it has been done in northern Jersey already and Strong and Shapely. Stay tuned.

Opiewags99

Opiewags99

Awards
I believe the next one will be near Atlantic City for the pro show there. September right? The Jersey ABC goes all over--it has been done in northern Jersey already and Strong and Shapely. Stay tuned.

I'm definitely going to be watching for the next one nearby, don't think I can make it all the way down to AC though.

NickSP

NickSP

Awards
The ABCs are certainly something different. If anyone within range is ever online here, we've got one in CT and train in Evan "Ox" Centaponi's gym. We've had some great numbers show up at past gatherings.

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established
The ABCs are certainly something different. If anyone within range is ever online here, we've got one in CT and train in Evan "Ox" Centaponi's gym. We've had some great numbers show up at past gatherings.
You def have had some large gatherings from what I have seen in the past. Keep it going bro.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Reminder

Seattle area Animals!!!
August 23rd
Iron Works Gym in Bellevue
2-3 PM
Eats TBD...
($10 guest fee for gym use...)
PM me for more info...
:head:

King Con

Awards
  • Established

Sounds like you are having a great ABC chapter up there N.

Congrats you are the latest Reign of Animal promo winner as well.

NickSP

NickSP

Awards
Sounds like you are having a great ABC chapter up there N.

Congrats you are the latest Reign of Animal promo winner as well.
You pullin my leg yh?

That's awesome, thanks. Do I have to PM URep?

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Postponed!!!

Due to multiple illnesses of members (Including my wife, who I will be taking to the hospital momentarily) The following event is postponed...
Seattle area Animals!!!
August 23rd
2-3 PM
Eats TBD

We will be shooting for September 13th, same place and time... Eats will be at Red Robin... Any questions, please PM me, and I will get to you, as soon as I can... I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause...

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established
Due to multiple illnesses of members (Including my wife, who I will be taking to the hospital momentarily) The following event is postponed...
Seattle area Animals!!!
August 23rd
2-3 PM
Eats TBD

We will be shooting for September 13th, same place and time... Eats will be at Red Robin... Any questions, please PM me, and I will get to you, as soon as I can... I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause...
Hope all is well with your wife, and I hope the new date is a success.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Hope all is well with your wife, and I hope the new date is a success.
Thanks!!! She's a tough one, and was back to work by monday... She was still a little weak, but made it through the day without incident...:thumbsup: I'm hoping the new date will bring out even more Washington Animals!!!

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established
Thanks!!! She's a tough one, and was back to work by monday... She was still a little weak, but made it through the day without incident...:thumbsup: I'm hoping the new date will bring out even more Washington Animals!!!
Nice bro, well best of luck with everything and I am glad to hear she is doing better.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Nice bro, well best of luck with everything and I am glad to hear she is doing better.
Thanks... Me, too... (She was driving me nuts with the bell she was ringing when she needed something... Or calling me on my cell, when I didn't answer the bell... *L*)

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Thanks... Me, too... (She was driving me nuts with the bell she was ringing when she needed something... Or calling me on my cell, when I didn't answer the bell... *L*)
I heard that was normal behavior between you two :nutkick:

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
New Jersey ABC & AC Pro Next Weekend

Heads up fellas. The New Jersey ABC is being held next weekend September 13 @ 2:00PM at the Brigantine Fitness Center. Word is that a group will also be going to the Atlantic City Pro.

Saturday Sept. 13th 2pm
Brigantine Fitness Center

This is the home gym of our own G Diesel.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Another big ABC this weekend... at the gym that built THE HOUSE.

When: Sunday, Sep. 14th
Time: Noon

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
That is one good lookin flyer yohead. Looks like it is going to be an awesoem event.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
The Landlord made it. :head:
I'm trying to get more info on the location of that Bigantine NJ gym so I can post it here for the fellas. If you hear anything bro, let me know.

Hg

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to get more info on the location of that Bigantine NJ gym so I can post it here for the fellas. If you hear anything bro, let me know.

Hg
Will do. I am trying to get my NC chapter up and going but man its hard getting people motivated around here.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Will do. I am trying to get my NC chapter up and going but man its hard getting people motivated around here.
I for one know how that is. Of course I could be doing better myself at getting my chapter off the ground. Thanks for the boot in the pant Y, I needed it.

Hg

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
New Jersey ABC & AC Pro Next Weekend

Heads up fellas. The New Jersey ABC is being held next weekend September 13 @ 2:00PM at the Brigantine Fitness Center. Word is that a group will also be going to the Atlantic City Pro.

Saturday Sept. 13th 2pm

This is the home gym of our own G Diesel.
Got that info fellas:

4288 Harbor Beach Blvd
Brigantine, NJ 08203

http://maps.google.com/maps?li=d&hl=en&f=d&iwstate1=dir:to&daddr=4288+Harbour+Beach+Blvd,+Brigantine,+NJ+08203+(Brigantine+Fitness+Center)&geocode=CZThQ1SNWKhiFWARWQIdc8mQ-w&iwloc=1&dq=Brigantine+Fitness+Center&cid=13212720275420905746&ei=-vPDSKrMMYKCqgLckOXjDw

Hg

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
It's right outside of Atlantic City. Are you going to be there Hoom?
Gotta sit this one out NG. I would love to make it but can't swing it this time around. I know you and the other Animals will represent to the fullest for me. Have a great time there man!

That is, unless you want to drive out to Lancaster and pick me up? LOL!

Hg

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Washington (Seattle) ABC

November 1st...
Iron Works Gym
2-3 PM
Eats: Red Robin...
Any further questions, send me a PM, and I will get right with you...

I'm ready to get this truly rollin'...

List:
GoldyLocks
Mr. Dead
dd2inxs
Jonisocool
TEMPER
(your name)

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
I hear that there's going to be a killer ABC coming up, at the "O"...:djparty::good::burg::burger::clean::dl::squat::bb3::thumbsup::head::pizza::hot: