OrganicShadow's GlycoBALLIN! (AI Sponsored)

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    The whey protein wouldn't spike insulin though? Or are SOME aminos needed for the enhanced GH response?
    alomost all nutrient we consume are going to elevate insulin to some degree in some way or another. Even the scoop of BCAAs will rise insulin some. As to how much the whey would vs BCAAs.. I honestly dont know. As to if the Whey would raise insulin enough to have an effect on the GH path we are trying to take.. again I am honestly not sure. Only thing I can suggest is to just give it a whirl and see. Try a couple weeks with whey and see if you start to notice improved sleep and recovery and then try with the BCAAs and see if anything changes. I think you will be fine with either. The insulin will prevent GHRH which isnt a concern here as we are using hypoglycemia to stimulate a Ghrelin induced GH release and not the GHRH
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    alomost all nutrient we consume are going to elevate insulin to some degree in some way or another. Even the scoop of BCAAs will rise insulin some. As to how much the whey would vs BCAAs.. I honestly dont know. As to if the Whey would raise insulin enough to have an effect on the GH path we are trying to take.. again I am honestly not sure. Only thing I can suggest is to just give it a whirl and see. Try a couple weeks with whey and see if you start to notice improved sleep and recovery and then try with the BCAAs and see if anything changes. I think you will be fine with either. The insulin will prevent GHRH which isnt a concern here as we are using hypoglycemia to stimulate a Ghrelin induced GH release and not the GHRH
    ahhh! Now I see. I guess provided they are not carb meals stimulating GH from the hypoglycemic ghrelin response pathway is what your after then the small amount of gluconeogenisis shouldn't hinder the ghrelin response.

Thanks for clearing that up
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    ahhh! Now I see. I guess provided they are not carb meals stimulating GH from the hypoglycemic ghrelin response pathway is what your after then the small amount of gluconeogenisis shouldn't hinder the ghrelin response.

Thanks for clearing that up
    Again I just dont know to answer definitively for you bud, sorry. All I can suggest is to try yourself and see what works best because at the end of it all... what works for YOU is all that really matters. As for if it will hinder or not, I do not think so but again not 100% sure. Just experiment and have fun with it
    PESCIENCE.COM

4. Carb>Protein>Fat in order of insulin spike. Although protein isnt terribly far behind and obviously having cabrs and protein together is a double whammy. Hence you often see diets where these carb meals have minimal protein intake surrounding them.

I, particularly, struggle with my insulin responses to white/starchy/simple carbs. I wish I could show some blood work but here's a round about estimate on how I normally run:

Fasting glucose: 50-60 mg/dL (Normal 70-100)
    1hr postprandial: will be the highest point - lets estimate 170.
    2hr postprandial: 70-80 - normally a person would just be above the high border and returning to normal (about 120) but I dip waaay low and get sleepy and sloth.

Normally, that 2 hour mark would show blood glucose just above the normal range and returning to normal. Then around the 3hr mark they may dip below their average and rebound back as insulin response experiences negative feedback. My problem is I overreact. By that 3rd hour I might be pushing critically low blood sugars. I think everytime Ive ever gone to the ER, even if Im feeling fine, theyve handed me orange juice telling me my blood sugar is almost 40.

I paid close attention to this when having a delicious Diablo burger and french fries. First i felt a little tingle and almost pump in my body as somatic tissue starts to feel full. Plus im just happy to eat a burger. But come that 2 hour mark when I usually start sloutching in the chair with heavy eyelids Im up and ready to go and continue to the next task. I successfully controlled my own natural insulin response.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

5. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I dont see why not but the addittion of the aminos makes for a much better recovery protocol IMO, but soley on he GH boosting aspect, it will prolly work without the aminos

It seems that insulin induced hypoglycemia helps to elevate Growth Hormone BUT at the same time insulin itself can suppresses GH. Growth Hormone is released from the pituitary in response to the GHRH (Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone) signal from the hypothalamus and insulin prevents this. On the other hand that GH released in response to low blood sugar is not controlled by GHRH, but by something else. (leptin, Ghrelin, or galanin) So while insulin does suppress Growth Hormone release (GHRH), hypoglycemia will stimulate a Ghrelin induced GH release. So when low blood sugar is induced by something other than insulin, in this case the NaR-ala in Glycobol I would suspect, it would give an even bigger spike than with insulin because there is no inhibitory effect.

But again per Dr. D he had recomeneded the combo of Deep sleep + low blood sugar + hyperaminoacidemia. Will it work without the aminos? Maybe.. you can prolly even get by with a scoop of whey or some casein instead of straight BCAAs even.
    From my understanding, this statement is correct
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
    •   

6. Theres a lot of support towards that statement with casein and the slow breakdown. I think a lot of it is individually dependent. Nothings quite proven either way on this yet.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

7. Went back to the gym today. Just did an upper body circuit - some light stuff to get me back into the swing of things. Also because I was itching for some physical activity. Threw back 2 glycobol post workout, had my BCAAs, went home and made THIS
    Name:  Beef Gulyash.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  10.9 KB

Hungarian guylash. Mmm a taste of home. And not too bad a breakdown either - minus the whole wheat flour.

Simmer grape seed oil and brown 1.5 lb top round serloin stew meat tossed in black paper, paprika, sea salt, and whole wheat flour.
    (I like grape seed oil - awesome for the omegas and a bit sweet in taste. Good for cardiovascular health too)
    Removed some of the oil, browned some onions, turnips, celery, and mushrooms. No carrots - not a fan, plus its sugary.
    And a little red wine vinegar, more paprika, and some tomato sauce... ok the tomato sauce has sodium and some fruit sugars.
    Add in 2 cubed sweet potatos and serloin. Add water (not stock), boil. Add basil, 3 bay leaves, MORE paprika, cayenne pepper.
    Bring down to simmer, cover, and wait about 45min. Delish. Probably something of a 2:1:1 carb: protein: fat and like 100mg sodium.
    Franz Kafka

8. Nice meal man!! Great in subbing out the wheat flour. I'm gluten intolerant so I've been looking for ways to eat many dishes without flour.
    RecoverBro ELITE

9. I'm never going to be a pro. Like eating too many different things, and I work 50 hours a week
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

10. Hungarian guylash. Mmm a taste of home. And not too bad a breakdown either - minus the whole wheat flour.
    So do you eat like 12 of those bowls? It looks pretty small, lol.

It's not uncommon for me to eat out of mixing bowls

11. So I took a few days off Glycobol. I needed some time away from the whole diet/training/supplement thing.

This will be good as I can kind of start fresh and see some differences in how I feel. My $#!^ isnt that weird green anymore. So far the only downside to Glycobol is when it leaves my system. Im taking a probiotic now and im thinking those little bugs might help keep this side effect in check.

Now ill be consiming carb by my own means. That means big pumps at the gym! We've seen what its like on depletion... now lets see what happens when we get all carbed up. Im trying to get big again!

Aaand here's your daily Glycopic.
    Name:  banana-bread.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  46.1 KB
    Franz Kafka

12. I know I need to eat more carbs.

Anyhow since you took a break, did you re-evaluate timing and what your eating and how many pills you are taking with x amount of carbs & also the time frame between each dose?

If you did can you give us a break down of what your glycobol routine looks like now?
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

13. Here's how my training and diet are scheduled. I just redesigned it yesterday and feeling pretty good about it.

Tuesday/Thursday
    (5AM)>30min fasted cardio
    First dose of glycobol
    (5:30)>4 egg whites w/ spinach, 1/2c steel cut oats, 1 c green tea
    (7:00)>1 scoops whey w/coffee before work
    (9:30)>5-6oz lean white poultry or fish, 1c green vegetables
    (12:30)>Same as above
    (4:00)>Same as above
    (6:00)
    (6:30)> Off training days, same as above
    On training days, 2 scoops whey, BCAA's, 1 banana, a tsp of sesame oil and if im cycling a preworkout
    (Postworkout)> BCAA's and 2nd dose immediately after, 5-6oz fish, 1 sweet potato or 1/2c brown rice
    I do a little 10-20min walk and stretch to unwind before heading home
    (9:30)> 2oz tuna, apple cider vinegar, salad greens and veggies
    (10:30)>Bed time
    Franz Kafka

14. Are u running 4 caps of glycolbol?

15. Saturday/Sunday
    I lift upon awakening these days
    >30min fasted cardio, 1st dose Glycobol
    >Same Preworkout shake
    >Same dosing protocol and postworkout nutrition
    >Now postworkout meal is Meal 1: eggs and oatmeal

The rest of my day is low carb, just meat and veggies.
    Unless its my once-a-week cheat meal.

This is plan - going for clean weight gain. Im tryin to get biiiigg
    Name:  Health_Benefits_Of_Sweet_Potato.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  44.8 KB
    Franz Kafka

16. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Are u running 4 caps of glycolbol?
    Yeah - I forgot to mention the 2nd dose off training. Someone here got me into the idea of BCAA's and Glycobol before bed. Soo Im doin that MWF
    Franz Kafka

17. Have you ever had sweet potato pie? I never even heard of it until I moved to the south. It's similar to pumpkin pie.

18. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    Have you ever had sweet potato pie? I never even heard of it until I moved to the south. It's similar to pumpkin pie.
    Will devour sweet potato pie!

19. It's a lot better than it sounds...and goes quite well with two capsules of Glycobol

20. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    It's a lot better than it sounds...and goes quite well with two capsules of Glycobol
    Wish I could make it

21. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    It's a lot better than it sounds...and goes quite well with two capsules of Glycobol
    Stop being greedy and share the recipe!
    PESCIENCE.COM

22. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Have you ever had sweet potato pie? I never even heard of it until I moved to the south. It's similar to pumpkin pie.
    That sounds sooo GOOD

23. I really enjoy cooking. I try to meet myself halfway between normal human eating and my paleo mindset by making meals interesting but still keeping clean and basic. Ive made some pretty good sweet potato creating but pie is not one of them...YET..mwahahahaha.

I always bring a sweet potato dish to Thanksgiving with the fam. Im gonna look into this idea. I could swallow an entire pie, no problem.
    Franz Kafka

24. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I really enjoy cooking. I try to meet myself halfway between normal human eating and my paleo mindset by making meals interesting but still keeping clean and basic. Ive made some pretty good sweet potato creating but pie is not one of them...YET..mwahahahaha.

I always bring a sweet potato dish to Thanksgiving with the fam. Im gonna look into this idea. I could swallow an entire pie, no problem.
    yea combining the two is quite difficult. I have pretty good success though by just keeping my meals simple, yet flavorful. But then again... although I love cooking and it is a passion of mine... I really don't mind eating food that is pretty tasteless lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE

25. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    yea combining the two is quite difficult. I have pretty good success though by just keeping my meals simple, yet flavorful. But then again... although I love cooking and it is a passion of mine... I really don't mind eating food that is pretty tasteless lol.
    One time one of the strength and conditioning coaches at my college said "what do you need ketchup for? food is for fuel, not for fun."
    And ive kept that mentality. I guess when you eat the same things day in and day out your start finding little ways to be creative and keep clean at the same time. Every chef may not be a bodybuilder, but every bodybuilder is a chef.
    Franz Kafka

26. Had a long day today. I did my lift today instead of tomorrow because I have a seminar on Melanoma to attend. Ill post the good news later.

Gotta love this stuff:

Name:  1194292189_oatmeal.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  56.6 KB
    Franz Kafka

27. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    One time one of the strength and conditioning coaches at my college said "what do you need ketchup for? food is for fuel, not for fun."
    And ive kept that mentality. I guess when you eat the same things day in and day out your start finding little ways to be creative and keep clean at the same time. Every chef may not be a bodybuilder, but every bodybuilder is a chef.
    Franks red hot!

I have never looked back to ketchup every since I had me some franks
    PESCIENCE.COM

28. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh

Franks red hot!

I have never looked back to ketchup every since I had me some franks
    Omg franks hot is amazing. If only I could get some of this stuff to japan...
    RecoverBro ELITE

29. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag

Omg franks hot is amazing. If only I could get some of this stuff to japan...
    Sorry is I missed but are u supplementing with any protein powder as well?

30. Always gotta have me some Oatmeal
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. what do you like to see from a none sponsored log?
    By WhatsaRoid? in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 09:41 PM
  2. My CRE 02 log ( Not Sponsored )
    By 3clipseGT in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 225
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 11:50 PM
  3. MST Sponsored
    By pitbull800 in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 12:08 PM
  4. UNC's AEN Get Fit Sponsored Log!