DMAA Alternative

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. Featured Author
    Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Rep Power
    554326
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    40.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
    Thank you for the time to explaining this.

    Regarding yohimbine from the other thread, we could say that it is a sort of a tryptamine based stimulant? It has an indole, but do not know if the locked amine in that side position classifies to be considered as tryptamine. From what I could read it has a lot of activity both as an agonist and antagonist on a numerous types of serotonin receptors.

    yohimbine does have the indole ring group as part of its structure however i dont know the pharmacological significance of that

    i also dont know much about yohimbines properties in the body other than that it is a alpha2-adrenergic antagonist, and that it causes peripheral vasodilation
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  2. New Member
    Kelt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    48.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    i still have some 5-methoxytryptamine, 5-methoxytryptophol, oxindole etc in my lab. i tried these and didnt have what i recall as good experience
    As I understand it, only the 5-methoxytryptamine is an actual tryptamine. I never heard about the other two compounds. Alexander Shulgin wrote a really interesting book about tryptamines, called Tihkal. Many of the compounds are not legal, but the most interesting is his discussions about the structural differences and their impact on bioavailability and activity.
  3. New Member
    Kelt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    48.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    yohimbine does have the indole ring group as part of its structure however i dont know the pharmacological significance of that

    i also dont know much about yohimbines properties in the body other than that it is a alpha2-adrenergic antagonist, and that it causes peripheral vasodilation
    From what I could understand the definition of an tryptamine family of compounds is a molecular structure where the amine is attached to an indole with an ethyl chain, that is 3-(2-aminoethyl)indole. If we take the LSD as an example it also have the aminoethyl chain locked in a ring structure, however pointing “up” from the indole base. And what I know it is considered to belong to tryptamine family. Most of the other tryptamines I have seen usually have freely rotating aminoethyl chain. Therefore I am not fully sure if a compound with aminoethyl chain locked on the side is a part of the tryptamine family. Not that it really matters.

    About yohimbine’s activity in the brain, according to wiki, it does affect a lot of different 5-HT receptors. Also in the description about Serotonin receptors also in wiki, is a nice overview table with the various receptors, stating its specific functions together with examples of agonists and antagonists. The yohimbine does appears in numerous placeless. That yohimbine have a strong activity on serotonin receptors would also explain the side effects that many (including you) experience.

    But what do I know, as I said previously organic chemistry is more of a very fun and interesting hobby of mine.
    •   
       

  4. Featured Author
    Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Rep Power
    554326
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    40.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
    From what I could understand the definition of an tryptamine family of compounds is a molecular structure where the amine is attached to an indole with an ethyl chain, that is 3-(2-aminoethyl)indole. If we take the LSD as an example it also have the aminoethyl chain locked in a ring structure, however pointing “up” from the indole base. And what I know it is considered to belong to tryptamine family. Most of the other tryptamines I have seen usually have freely rotating aminoethyl chain. Therefore I am not fully sure if a compound with aminoethyl chain locked on the side is a part of the tryptamine family. Not that it really matters.

    About yohimbine’s activity in the brain, according to wiki, it does affect a lot of different 5-HT receptors. Also in the description about Serotonin receptors also in wiki, is a nice overview table with the various receptors, stating its specific functions together with examples of agonists and antagonists. The yohimbine does appears in numerous placeless. That yohimbine have a strong activity on serotonin receptors would also explain the side effects that many (including you) experience.

    But what do I know, as I said previously organic chemistry is more of a very fun and interesting hobby of mine.


    i am no expert on neurobiology neurochemistry etc. I rely on looking these things up because i dont spend much time dealing with them. I did more years back
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  5. New Member
    Kelt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    48.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    i am no expert on neurobiology neurochemistry etc. I rely on looking these things up because i dont spend much time dealing with them. I did more years back
    No problem, I was just curious about your point of view, due to your years of experience.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. EagleResearch Alternatives
    By Champ in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 03:04 PM
  2. Triacana... Safer alternative to T3
    By Blatalian in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 04:46 PM
  3. clomid alternative
    By empiremica in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 02:45 PM
  4. Squat Alternative Question
    By rayk1029 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 07:21 PM
  5. Squat alternatives?
    By T-Bar in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-23-2003, 01:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in