Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.71%

What is the best weight gainer?

Lol doesn't seem like there are a lot of people on this board that actually use weight gainer. If u got some info lay it on me!!!

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

although this same topic pops up every week its like this...marketed weight gainers are not budget friendly and you can make your own for less money, high calorie is high calorie...
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

example: 2-3 scoops whey, natty pb, fruit, honey, malto/dextrose, nesquick, oats, etc...blend and drink
    www.lgsciences.com
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.77%

i have to agree with hvactech, it's better to do a mixture of whey and other foods as a weight gainer. it's better economically speaking and you can better modify the foods to meet your intake you need for the day. when i was bulking this past winter, i was mixing quaker oats with whey and greek yogurt, for breakfast and snacks

but to answer your question. best powder form weight gainer in my opinion is ON pro complex gainer and to take a multi-enzyme formula while bulking, to help break down the foods better.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.7%

Quote Originally Posted by NFC View Post
    i have to agree with hvactech, it's better to do a mixture of whey and other foods as a weight gainer. it's better economically speaking and you can better modify the foods to meet your intake you need for the day. when i was bulking this past winter, i was mixing quaker oats with whey and greek yogurt, for breakfast and snacks

but to answer your question. best powder form weight gainer in my opinion is ON pro complex gainer and to take a multi-enzyme formula while bulking, to help break down the foods better.
    i like cytogainer personally
    www.lgsciences.com
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by diggyboo View Post
    Lol doesn't seem like there are a lot of people on this board that actually use weight gainer. If u got some info lay it on me!!!
    Pat is on the disabled list for the rest of the week with some GI issues. Weight gainer is basically protein with a bunch of carbs and or fat added in. You can usually do better and tastier by yourself. Have you seen the ridiculous serving sizes? I cannot speak for anyone save myself, but that's why I don't use it
    E-PHARM Nutrition Representative
    Better one ugly truth than a million pretty lies
    Check Out Ur-Spray and D-Serine at Prototype Nutrition

7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.77%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post

cytogainer isnt bad either, it actually tastes really good. im just not a fan of cytosport myself.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.7%

cytogainer is the ONLY product i have used or will use from cytosport....
    www.lgsciences.com
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.71%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech

I've had success with UN Iso Mass, but it doesn't mix well and doesn't really taste great but it works. I've also had success with Up Your Mass, that tastes pretty good and mixes easy. I just like trying new stuff, wanted to see what everyone else is doing.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.71%

Quote Originally Posted by NFC

I was thinking about the ON serious mass. They usually get good reviews
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.7%

universal real gains tastes good but i urge you to try and make your own, make it the way you want it and add the ingredients you wanna add
    www.lgsciences.com
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.05%

I was thinking about the ON serious mass. They usually get good reviews
    I just started taking it. I recommend not getting the strawberry. It tastes like crap.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.2%

Quote Originally Posted by drewzx3 View Post
    I just started taking it. I recommend not getting the strawberry. It tastes like crap.
    I like a couple of scoops of scivation chocolate whey in a 16oz glass of whole milk and a nice hot slab of home made brownie....now that's a tasty weightgainer

14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.71%

Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin
    I like a couple of scoops of scivation chocolate whey in a 16oz glass of whole milk and a nice hot slab of home made brownie....now that's a tasty weightgainer
    Damn that does sound good ?
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.2%

Top it off with a big scoop of Ben and Jerry's and yeah....I can feel my biceps growing

16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.71%

Quote Originally Posted by diggyboo

Don't know why my phone turned my thumbs up sign into a question mark! Lol
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.71%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech
    example: 2-3 scoops whey, natty pb, fruit, honey, malto/dextrose, nesquick, oats, etc...blend and drink
    That doesn't sound bad either. I might do that. Used to do something similar to my oatmeal.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.02%

Here is a recipe I use. 1-2 servings of Whey or a protein blend, as much natty p-nut butter as you can stand, Yogurt (I use greek yogurt), honey, liquid egg whites, and milk. Calories depend on how much you want to use.

As far as gainers, I have had to use them since 95. And I have used everyone that has ever existed it seems. My only advice is avoid the ones with a high suger count unless you love the hershey squirts. Universal Nutrition makes Real Gains and Gain fast. I've used these 2 for the past year because you can get them rather cheap and they offer 10lb bags for $34 and $46. Thats about 30-32 servings. I usually take half of the servings. Cytogainer, Up your Mass, Iso-mass Xtreme Gainer, True Mass, and beleive it or not Mass-Tech (only one time bc it was all I could get at the time) are all gainers that I have good results with.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.71%

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi5674
    Here is a recipe I use. 1-2 servings of Whey or a protein blend, as much natty p-nut butter as you can stand, Yogurt (I use greek yogurt), honey, liquid egg whites, and milk. Calories depend on how much you want to use.

As far as gainers, I have had to use them since 95. And I have used everyone that has ever existed it seems. My only advice is avoid the ones with a high suger count unless you love the hershey squirts. Universal Nutrition makes Real Gains and Gain fast. I've used these 2 for the past year because you can get them rather cheap and they offer 10lb bags for $34 and $46. Thats about 30-32 servings. I usually take half of the servings. Cytogainer, Up your Mass, Iso-mass Xtreme Gainer, True Mass, and beleive it or not Mass-Tech (only one time bc it was all I could get at the time) are all gainers that I have good results with.
    Thanks for the input yoshi!
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.31%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Bananas in between meals with a scoop of p butter with each bit...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.02%

Anytime.
  22. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%

if i were inclined to ingest a weight gainer i would take a chocolate protein powder and some milk along with some peanut butter and oats and blend it all up. i would drink too much and then proceed to throwup
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.2%

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    if i were inclined to ingest a weight gainer i would take a chocolate protein powder and some milk along with some peanut butter and oats and blend it all up. i would drink too much and then proceed to throwup
    LOL I'm glad you are back with your sense of humor intact

24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.71%

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold

Nice! Lol
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.73%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

my high calorie post workout shake recipe

1 scoop optimun whey vanilla 1 scoop optimum chocolate 25 grams malto 25 grams dextrose 1 banana 2 servings 4 tbs adams natural pb
    48 protein 70 carbs 32 fat tastes great but if drink too quick it makes my stomach upset must be 700-800 calories of awesomeness
  26. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Food is a weight gainer. If you want to gain weight eat food. If your not gaining any weight, eat more food until you do.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.73%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Food is a weight gainer. If you want to gain weight eat food. If your not gaining any weight, eat more food until you do.
    And its also the best tasting weight gainer
  28. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%

Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    my high calorie post workout shake recipe

1 scoop optimun whey vanilla 1 scoop optimum chocolate 25 grams malto 25 grams dextrose 1 banana 2 servings 4 tbs adams natural pb
    48 protein 70 carbs 32 fat tastes great but if drink too quick it makes my stomach upset must be 700-800 calories of awesomeness

i forgot the banana

when i was a teenager i used to make this stuff called peanut roll. peanut butter, honey, and milk & egg protein (before there was whey and casein there were only two choices in protein pretty much - soy and milk & egg). mix it all up and roll it into a log. put it in wax paper and put in fridge. it was like eating lead
  29. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%

i find food that tastes good is the best for gaining weight.

food that does not taste good OTOH is great for cutting
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.73%

i forgot the banana

when i was a teenager i used to make this stuff called peanut roll. peanut butter, honey, and milk & egg protein (before there was whey and casein there were only two choices in protein pretty much - soy and milk & egg). mix it all up and roll it into a log. put it in wax paper and put in fridge. it was like eating lead
    sounds great.... so i guess we are a lil spoiled nowadays with our nutritional supplements. I mean some casein shakes taste like desserts well to me anyway i eat almost only meat and veggies so anything with flavor tastes even better to me.
  31. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%

Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    . I mean some casein shakes taste like desserts well to me anyway.
    the chocolate cake batter casein from ON is like a desert. i drink it with some soymilk and make it thick like pudding. add some peanut butter in there and its unbelievable
  32. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

the chocolate cake batter casein from ON is like a desert. i drink it with some soymilk and make it thick like pudding. add some peanut butter in there and its unbelievable

Soy milk?. You mean your not deathly scared of soy?. I've seen so many ridiculous threads on here about people avoiding soy like its the plague, thinking its gonna grow them a pair of boobs. I remember one thread where this kid was going into the supermarkets and looking at every single brand on tuna to make sure it didn't have any soy in it before he purchased. I don't drink Soy myself, but I also don't believe its gonna to turn me into a female. The hysteria about it on this board is sky high. If I get some soy in my diet so be it. I've even read that it can be beneficial.
  33. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%

Soy milk?. You mean your not deathly scared of soy?. I've seen so many ridiculous threads on here about people avoiding soy like its the plague, thinking its gonna grow them a pair of boobs. I remember one thread where this kid was going into the supermarkets and looking at every single brand on tuna to make sure it didn't have any soy in it before he purchased. I don't drink Soy myself, but I also don't believe its gonna to turn me into a female. The hysteria about it on this board is sky high. If I get some soy in my diet so be it. I've even read that it can be beneficial.

i know people roll their eyes when they say i drink soy milk. but i dont drink cow milk anymore because i dont think its great for my digestive system. and the other options - rice, almond etc. are all high in carbs compared to soy milk

i dont drink anymore than a cup or cup and a half of the stuff a day. If i were drinking 5 cups then i would be concerned about estrogenic effects on the HPTA but a cup and a half is below any threshold of problems i believe.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.33%

Wendy's Super Bar. I've got a friend that moved to Cali a long time ago. He gained over 60 lbs in one year eating at Wendy's super bar every day.
    He went from a skinny bean pole into a bloated tick in 12 short months.
  35. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%

Quote Originally Posted by SXIPro View Post
    Wendy's Super Bar. I've got a friend that moved to Cali a long time ago. He gained over 60 lbs in one year eating at Wendy's super bar every day.
    He went from a skinny bean pole into a bloated tick in 12 short months.
    i dont think they had those in connecticut
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.9%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Olive oil lol
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.33%

i dont think they had those in connecticut
    They had them in Massachusetts. It was all you can eat and included dessert. Honest to God I've seen people eat their weight in 'salad' and then fill a plate with a pile of chocolate pudding you could fill a pot hole with. Uggh. Long time ago though. Around '82 or '84 I think.
  38. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%

Quote Originally Posted by SXIPro View Post
    They had them in Massachusetts. It was all you can eat and included dessert. Honest to God I've seen people eat their weight in 'salad' and then fill a plate with a pile of chocolate pudding you could fill a pot hole with. Uggh. Long time ago though. Around '82 or '84 I think.

y'know, i think they did have those actually. yeah i remember now. people used to make huge taco salads. i usually just got a double cheeseburger
  39. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57%

it's funny that people **** all over soy for the estrogenic effects it might have, but then they drink half a gallon of hormone rich milk!

for more info:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
  40. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.63%

Quote Originally Posted by staple View Post
    it's funny that people **** all over soy for the estrogenic effects it might have, but then they drink half a gallon of hormone rich milk!

for more info:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

absolutely

also, its funny how people get all in a tizzy over cows that are given bGH (which leaves no troublesome residues in milk) yet they dont worry about this estrogen problem. This may be a case of lack of education

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best Weight Gainer
    By CombatTested in forum Bulking
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 11:56 PM
  2. Weight Gainer help
    By zachw023 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 08:42 AM
  3. best weight gainer
    By riba in forum Supplements