What is the best weight gainer?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold

absolutely

also, its funny how people get all in a tizzy over cows that are given bGH (which leaves no troublesome residues in milk) yet they dont worry about this estrogen problem. This may be a case of lack of education
    ****, am I not supposed to drink milk now? No wonder people run PH/AAS when every random food item is claimed to **** up natural hormone levels

2. Featured Author
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by D3Baseball View Post
    ****, am I not supposed to drink milk now? No wonder people run PH/AAS when every random food item is claimed to **** up natural hormone levels
    i am more concerned about milk in kids and people whose sex hormone balance is highly sensitive to exogenous influences. A bodybuilder that is taking steroids will hardly risk any influence from the small amount of estrogens present in milk
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  3. Registered User
    Answers

hate to rain on your parade even more but watch the doc Food Inc and you'll be buying organic chicken too
    •   

4. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I think chicken and steak. LOTS OF IT. Is the best weight gainer. not being a smart ass. I've put on 20 pds of muscle in the past 3 years and changing the Whey I eat has been the biggest change. I also make sure I use milk for my shakes and always add PB and oats also for extra cals. I like to do this instead of buying the weight gainer protein with carbs. I figure if I'm going to get carbs in, I want them to be good ones.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    i am more concerned about milk in kids and people whose sex hormone balance is highly sensitive to exogenous influences. A bodybuilder that is taking steroids will hardly risk any influence from the small amount of estrogens present in milk
    That's what I'm saying - gotta supplement exogenous hormones to combat the exogenous hormones that are reported to be popping up in our food sources. Maybe the extravagant amounts of milk I had through my youth is why I still have pubertal gyno at age 21.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

That's what I'm saying - gotta supplement exogenous hormones to combat the exogenous hormones that are reported to be popping up in our food sources. Maybe the extravagant amounts of milk I had through my youth is why I still have pubertal gyno at age 21.
    probably didn't help at all

plastics, hormones, other environmental estrogens and contaminants... we look back at the way tobacco was covered up, and then we look back at "patent" medicine with opiods, and can we be so foolish to think that in today's world we are not simply battling a new health problem in plain sight?
  7. Featured Author
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by staple View Post
    probably didn't help at all

plastics, hormones, other environmental estrogens and contaminants... ?

these xenobiotic estrogens are very weak. They should have no discernable impact on mature adults, however babies and kids may be at risk. And disrupting the endocrine system at a young age can have consequences throughout ones life
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold

these xenobiotic estrogens are very weak. They should have no discernable impact on mature adults, however babies and kids may be at risk. And disrupting the endocrine system at a young age can have consequences throughout ones life
    Finally I have something to blame my lack of gains on!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

What about the phyto estrogens in soy milk ?
    E-PHARM Nutrition Representative
    Better one ugly truth than a million pretty lies
    Check Out Ur-Spray and D-Serine at Prototype Nutrition

10. Featured Author
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    What about the phyto estrogens in soy milk ?
    as in what about they do to kids?

that is an interesting question. obviously kids in places like japan eat a lot of soy growing up

i think isoflavones are not assoicated with the dangerous estrogenicity (i.e. carcinogenicity) that synthetic estrogen mimetics like bisphenol-A are. Still, they can disrupt the HPTA
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

as in what about they do to kids?

that is an interesting question. obviously kids in places like japan eat a lot of soy growing up

i think isoflavones are not assoicated with the dangerous estrogenicity (i.e. carcinogenicity) that synthetic estrogen mimetics like bisphenol-A are. Still, they can disrupt the HPTA
    Yes kids and adults, I read that tofu does not contain efficacious amounts something about the fermentation process changes /denatures it. Soy milk, I've heard is a different story. I avoid it just in case. Me no want man bosoms

You would think in male children it would be an issue.

12. Featured Author
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    Yes kids and adults, I read that tofu does not contain efficacious amounts something about the fermentation process changes /denatures it. Soy milk, I've heard is a different story. .
    tofu is soymilk curd.

sometimes that curd is fermented (there are fermeneted varieties of tofu) but usually its just the simple curd made by adjusting pH and salt content in the milk to precipitate out the curdled protein

maybe alot of the isoflavones are flushed out with the soy whey
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

tofu is soymilk curd.

sometimes that curd is fermented (there are fermeneted varieties of tofu) but usually its just the simple curd made by adjusting pH and salt content in the milk to precipitate out the curdled protein

maybe alot of the isoflavones are flushed out with the soy whey
    Possibly....Right now my favorite weight gainer is the new Enchilada Flavored Doritos Polished off half a bag last night, today is squat day so I always like to power up the night before, at least my Ursobolic can curb the waistline damage, ....Headed to the gym now,

"If you wanna get strong - downright strong- you gotta do the big one, the squat".
    --Rickey Dale Crain, 'Hardgainer' Magazine.

Headed to get downright strong, Taking my Clearshot first, it helps out with the downright part

14. Registered User
    Answers

but what's the additive effect? as far as I know, nobody knows but personally I have seen too much bad talk from legit doctors and health practitioners that plastics, hormones, and all this crap we ingest is hurting us as a population.
  15. Featured Author
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by staple View Post
    but what's the additive effect? as far as I know, nobody knows but personally I have seen too much bad talk from legit doctors and health practitioners that plastics, hormones, and all this crap we ingest is hurting us as a population.
    let me give god a call and when i get the answer i will let you know
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Might as well just live in a bubble, that way nothing will harm you....Maybe...Wait what is the bubble made of????. Oh no!!!
  17. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

gaspari nutrition real mass probiotic series looks pretty decent and the price reallly isn't that bad compared to other gainers out there.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best Weight Gainer
    By CombatTested in forum Bulking
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 09:56 PM
  2. Weight Gainer help
    By zachw023 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 06:42 AM
  3. best weight gainer
    By riba in forum Supplements