I thought I'd never see the day....newest member.

Massiah

Awards
Hello,

I remember years ago looking at this sub forum and thinking....damn bunch of old ****ers. Well here it is, I come to join you "old ****ers" I am your newest member. It always seemed so far away, and now its here. I can honestly say that I've been in the best shape of my life at 33/34. Right now 35 is basically a come back to how I looked at 33/34.

With age comes a lot of issues, one major one is Life itself. As you get older, your days of not giving two ****s goes away, most are married, children, job etc. Another huge part is the wear and tear on your body. It almost seems inevitable...dreaded injuries. I hurt my ac joint in my shoulder, not from weights but from lifting stuff at work....pshhhh. Coming back from that injury was long, hard, demeaning, but I'm finally just near the point of where I was before the injury. I train smarter, warmup up throughly, and I have learned from it. I have lifted since I was a kid, I look back and I was always into fitness stuff, some of my earlies memories was a kinesiology book I had that showed exercises, and this book that had articles from bodybuilding greats like Arnold, Colombu, Robinson, Ferrigno, Platz, etc they all had a topic that they went into, and those topics made a book. I learned how to pump iron from my father. I used to feel so proud when one of his buddies came over and my dad was bragging telling his buddy "hey look at this kid doing curls with the ez curl bar, and look how good his form is" That had a huge affect on my lifestyle as a weight lifter. I still love having excellent form. Just seeing other younger guys struggling to db row 70 lbs with god awful form, while I quietly pump out 8 clean reps with 100lb dumbbells. Im not making fun of the younger guy, but I think to myself....I have grown man strength. The years of reps, weights, workouts, eating, sleeping, etc. I've put in the work!

In closing, I just wanna say, im reluctantly here =) but im still a member whether I like it or not, and I'm here to stay! Thank you "old ****ers" for having me inducted to your unique brotherhood. I'm proud to be here!-Mass

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Welcome to AM!

Massiah

Awards
I'm not new to am, just the newest member to the 35 and up club.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Welcome to the club then :)

dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez

Awards
I'm laughing as I read this post because I remember thinking the same thing. I'm now 40 and it's even harder than ever to keep lean. With family life and a demanding career it's tough to make time for the gym plus I'm an Air Force reservist. So I'm looking around this site and realize this is the first time I have logged in since 2012, time flies.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Age is just a number. Sounds cliche, but it's true. Yes, you need to adjust and do things smarter now, but that is actually better and helps you be more in tune with yourself. I look at 40 as being 25, but smarter.

markg518

Awards
Hello everyone, I'm new here as we'll. I'm now 44 have a question what is everyone for the most part using to help get our do I say younger build back after being out of the workout scene for awhile. I only ask because I've been down with a major back problem and am finding it harder than ever to get back anything. My arms are fine because I'm always using them but everything else not so much. I've done cycles in the past and that's another thing I have no idea where to find anything anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again Mark.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Hello everyone, I'm new here as we'll. I'm now 44 have a question what is everyone for the most part using to help get our do I say younger build back after being out of the workout scene for awhile. I only ask because I've been down with a major back problem and am finding it harder than ever to get back anything. My arms are fine because I'm always using them but everything else not so much. I've done cycles in the past and that's another thing I have no idea where to find anything anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again Mark.
Welcome to AM Mark. There are a few things I would recommend. I am 42 and these are some of the things that help me. An eating program that best compliments your training goals. A training program that best fits your exercise goals. A preworkout that works best for you (one that gives you focus, energy and stamina without jitters and a crash). Maybe a natural test booster (there are some specific ones people are using on this sight with great reviews). You may look into BCAA's or some other post workout supplement as well. I recommend you check out some of the supplements logs and then ask around about something you may be especially interested in. There are lots of very helpful and informative people on this sight. Have a great day!

markg518

Awards
Thanks MARK_ I'm taking whey with bcca's ,tribulus eat the normal skinless chicken breast, lean beef. I was just wondering if a cycle is in my best interest. I do know I have low T but haven't done anything about as I know I should. I've done cyp and Decca, d-Bol in my 20's with great results but now that I'm older and haven't kept up with what's new/better and the lack of where to get anything even if I wanted to. Hope I'm not confusing you or anyone. Thanks again I've been reading other topics trying to get up to date. I already love this place never thought I'd see the day to finally be able to talk freely about all this.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
28 here, I'll pop back in here in a few more years ?

markg518

Awards
Lol at Dirty Dan I wish I was 28 again. Enjoy the yrs brother

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
WELCOME TO THE FORUM! : )

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shoot I couldn't wait to hit 35 so I could compete in masters class

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome, Greenhorn !

;)

markg518

Awards
Thanks hairygrandpa, it's funny you said greenhorn.. My nickname was greenhornet.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Smont Anabolics 6
T-Bone Powerlifting/Strongman 8
joker123 General Chat 0
sp447 General Chat 12