I thought I'd seen it all...

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
I work at a GNC. I just quit Vitamin Shoppe because my boss was a hypocritical douchebag and a chronic liar and a lot of other things.

I just started working at GNC a few weeks ago. I got the job like on the spot because they were considering hiring me while I was employed at Vitamin Shoppe because I know a lot about Nutritional Supplementation and I know a lot more about things other than Sports Nutrition than the other employees.

Anyway enough of my rambling down to business.

I was working about 2 days ago, it was pouring rain out and the store was literally dead.

A woman walked in. As usual I approached her and asked her how she was doing and if she needed any help.

She says, "I've never been to a GNC before, do you guys sell Vitamins."

I know I shouldn't have but I laughed my ass off and the woman left the store.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
LOL, that's priceless. I prolly woulda done the same :/

You may be screwed though, what if it was the owners wife checking on employees :O

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
LOL, that's priceless. I prolly woulda done the same :/

You may be screwed though, what if it was the owners wife checking on employees :O
Well I still have my job. Plus the manager of the store is really cool he's around a little younger than I am and he's in college as far as I know he's not married

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Then you're in the clear :)

Seriously, who doesn't know what a GNC is for?

Was she like 80?

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
Then you're in the clear :)

Seriously, who doesn't know what a GNC is for?

Was she like 80?
No probably late mid 30's early 40's

What's also annoying is women that come in looking for something they saw on Oprah or Rachel Ray but yet they never seem to remember what exactly it is. Sometimes they even send their husbands or boyfriends in to pick it up and I kinda feel sorry for them. Then the women expect me to know like I watch the damn show

Another one of my favorite lines goes something like this

Me: "Hi, can I help you find something today"

Customer: "Yeah I got this stuff last time I was here but can't remember what it was"

Me: "If you tell me what It's for I might be able to help you"

Customer: "No I don't remember what it's for, I do remember they were white pills"

Yes it's happened before.

I even got customers that come in with empty prescription drug bottles and ask if we do refills.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
I need to work at a GNC, that stuff would keep me going to work everyday, just to have the hopes of seeing someone like that :D

That's awesome :icon_lol:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
that stuff would keep me going to work everyday
You say that now but it wears you down slowly; like the Colorado river and the Grand Canyon.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
But all the free stuff,... I have a friend who works at GNC,.. and well, again free stuff!!!

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Guess that's true :(

What are the benefits as an employee? Do you get 50% off or what?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
iirc gnc employees get 30 percent off but they also work on commission for certain products; aka gnc branded crap.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
iirc gnc employees get 30 percent off but they also work on commission for certain products; aka gnc branded crap.
Actually that's not true. Apparently people like me who were hired after a certain date now only get commission on a select brands and products. Everyone else at the store I work at except for me and one other employees, make commission on almost everything.

I don't even make commission on the GNC Pro Performance stuff except for maybe 3 products.

I get paid 7.15/hour + Commission the most I've made so far in one day is about $23 commission which isn't too bad

Also as opposed to the vitamin shoppe I have a lot more responsibility and I got it really fast which was intimidating but I'm getting used to it.

I've only been working 2 weeks and I'm already a keyholder

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Dang, that's not too bad. I need to look into GNC I guess

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
I need to work at a GNC, that stuff would keep me going to work everyday, just to have the hopes of seeing someone like that :D

That's awesome :icon_lol:
It's almost like Clerks, except I can't spit water at people :D