TRT, can I take a break doing a PCT - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

TRT, can I take a break doing a PCT

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  238 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jinxie View Post
    Unless you want to have kids at 50+, there is no reason to come off. If you want your testicles plumper, run hCG at 250 ius BIW. But it's purely for aesthetics IMO. I am on TRT, and I come on and off hCG periodically, but never off TRT. You could certainly do a PCT w/ clomid, but you are going to feel crappy and emotional, and likely lose some muscle and tone as you are shut down. I'd advise against it.

what jinxie said, unless you're trying to use Clomid to restart your T production. If you're going that route, have an endo prescribe it and monitor you. At our age, why go through that unless your new young wife wants kids?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by hogan45 View Post
    Unfortunately I have no idea what initially caused the low T
    Alcohol abuse and heavy metal deposits in the body have been known to cause low test or hypo male gonadism.
  3. New Member

I've been on TRT for a few years now. I used to have to take arimidex to help combat the estrogen. However, for whatever reason, once I switched from IM injections to sub-q (in the belly), my estrogen stayed steady where it should be without any anti-estrogen assistance.

I know everyone thinks there doctor is the best but just offering my .02 cents, Dr. Crisler in Lansing, MI is very good. He has a lot of information on his website if you want to do some reading.

Been awhile since I've been around here so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put links so for now just google his name and his page should come up.

He's a good guy and also has his own forum if you have further questions.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

I'm on TRT as well , for about a year now& the advice that I've been given here is that no pct is needed if your on TRT.
    As far as an AI I like to run them even tho I'm on a steady dose of test.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    TRT is supposed to be for life. There is no PCT.

Additionally, 200mg/E2W is a poor protocol. You would be better off using 100mg/w or better yet 50mg/E3-4days. You levels are fluctuating a lot the way you are using it now.

After a year or more you are shutdown and producing not endogenous testosterone. As a result of this your testicle have atrophied. Aside from that phobia why would you want or need to come off?

When you come off you will have a hard time restarting your HPTA and even when you do you will be back at the low or lower levels you were before and experience those same symptoms.
    Thank you! I've been reading threads about low T & I myself am in my 3rd week of being off a PH & I'm on TRT. Been on TRT for over a year. Advice I've gotten on AM is that people on TRT do not need to run a PCT as long as they stay on schedule with their test doses. So why are there so many threads with people running PCTs & useing serms while on TRT?
    Help me understand.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnybones View Post
    Thank you! I've been reading threads about low T & I myself am in my 3rd week of being off a PH & I'm on TRT. Been on TRT for over a year. Advice I've gotten on AM is that people on TRT do not need to run a PCT as long as they stay on schedule with their test doses. So why are there so many threads with people running PCTs & useing serms while on TRT? Help me understand.
    You still need to do general recovery from altered lipids, liver profiles, blood pressure, etc. Jumpstarting your endogenous test production however is not a concern.
    Remember why you started.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    You still need to do general recovery from altered lipids, liver profiles, blood pressure, etc. Jumpstarting your endogenous test production however is not a concern.
    Ok, cool I understand & do practice that protocol of a pct ...(liver , Blood pressure,joints). & the jump start of the test is taken care of by the TRT, so what's missing from a PCT in a TRT person,that's in a normal persons PCT?
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

There is no "jump start" of test on TRT. If you are on TRT, it is because you are not capable of producing test and require exogenous test to get into normal levels. When you stop that, you drop back to where you were or lower. A PCT is going to serve no purpose as you are not going to be able to have your body build back to normal.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 11:07 PM
  2. NO products can inhibit strength so why do we take them?
    By justreading in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 03:46 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 12:37 AM
  4. 4ad question, can I take like this?
    By getpsycho in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 04:29 PM
  5. Can I take V12 + and ECA stack??
    By intel55 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5