Elbow Arthritis - Horrific Pain!

wellsoci

wellsoci

Awards
Someone help me out. I have been lifting for over 20 years and am approaching 40. Last year I couldn't straighten out right arm and had continued pain. Went to doc and he said I had arthritis in my elbow. Got a couple of cortisone shots since then and got some relief. What else can I do? It is beginning to hurt like hell, but of course I endure it and continue to lift. Has anyone had successful surgery for this? Tried TB 500 for a couple of months, and really no relief either. I take fish oil and glucosamine. And I have yet to try cissus...

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking fish oil for years for it's many benefits but 2 months ago lashed out and bought some 1000mg Krill Oil capsules and the effects on my joints and slight osteo-arthritis have been incredible. I'd never let myself run out of it now. It's expensive...but worth it.

Cissus is definitely worth a try if you've never tried it.

Don't do any exercises that aggrivate it, even slightly. You/we are not 20 anymore so we don't bounce back from an injury while trying to work through it.

Create a workout with exercises you can do pain free. It'll make your workouts much more enjoyable.

I feel for you. i lived in denial for many years but the harsh reality is i'm 48 and if i want to continue training i just gotta lighten up the weight, train smart and cruise through these years pain free.

leprechaun1

leprechaun1

Awards
Cissus is definitely worth a try if you've never tried it.

Don't do any exercises that aggrivate it, even slightly. You/we are not 20 anymore so we don't bounce back from an injury while trying to work through it.

Create a workout with exercises you can do pain free. It'll make your workouts much more enjoyable.

I feel for you. i lived in denial for many years but the harsh reality is i'm 48 and if i want to continue training i just gotta lighten up the weight, train smart and cruise through these years pain free.
Good advice right here ^^^^^^

Cissus either USP or SNS (didn't work for me but lots of others appear to like it). Two topicals that I like and have worked are Joint Force and Now Celadrin with the JF being the more effective and more expensive of the 2. Also heard good things about skeletal balm but have not tried this one. Good old Naproxen (Alleve) is very effective but hard on the ole stomach. I take 440mg 2-3 times per week. Been battling bad elbows for a year now and seems to be more of management issue (pain and discomfort) then one of a cure. Like the other posted stated, stay away from exercises and routines that exacerbate the issue.

wellsoci

wellsoci

Awards
Doc just gave me a script for meloxicam. Anyone ever use this med?

Riskyb

Awards
Stay away from long term use of NSAIDs. Bad for kidneys, stomach, etc.
try fish or krill oil first, glucosamine, cissus, etc

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
I use DMSO and non coated asprin.... Get a morter and pestal crush the asprin (325mg) 2-3 of them and add 1cc of DMSO mix up and apply to areas of pain, I had really bad bursitis in my left elbow that would cripple me when benching with a shirt on. I started adding it to sites 45min to 1hr before I started workout or activity and it helped out ALOT. I went from not being able to move under weight as little as 315to pushing 540+ lbs....

Don't know if it will work, but you might want to give it a try.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Oh better yet, look into aflutop.... Never tryed it but have hear good thing about it.

Good luck

leprechaun1

leprechaun1

Awards
I use DMSO and non coated asprin.... Get a morter and pestal crush the asprin (325mg) 2-3 of them and add 1cc of DMSO mix up and apply to areas of pain, I had really bad bursitis in my left elbow that would cripple me when benching with a shirt on. I started adding it to sites 45min to 1hr before I started workout or activity and it helped out ALOT. I went from not being able to move under weight as little as 315to pushing 540+ lbs....

Don't know if it will work, but you might want to give it a try.

I know this was meant for the OP but I think I'll give it a whirl, thanks.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
It works for me.... You know when it's about to start workin when it's mostly dry and you look ashy...