ZMT/ZMA question

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
ZMT looks like an awesome product. My only question is... I understand you should take it on an empty stomach before bed. Well I never go to bed on an empty stomach. How long would one have to wait after eating their last meal to ensure enough gastric emptying has taken place so as to not interfere with the absorbtion of the ZMT... thanks

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That's a good question. I think I'd probably take it about an hour or so BEFORE I ate my last meal. I'm interested in seeing what DSade recommends, though.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ZMT looks like an awesome product. My only question is... I understand you should take it on an empty stomach before bed. Well I never go to bed on an empty stomach. How long would one have to wait after eating their last meal to ensure enough gastric emptying has taken place so as to not interfere with the absorbtion of the ZMT... thanks
It depends on what you eat and on your metabolism. In general, though, it should be between two and three hours.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:( I always took it 45 mins pre-bed which is always atleast an hour after my last meal. I often took a pure casein shake right afterwards though, not sure if that hurt my absorbance.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, always wondered this. I know any thing with calcium will hinder the absorbtion of zinc

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, always wondered this. I know any thing with calcium will hinder the absorbtion of zinc
Another thing to watch for with ZMT is that you don't take protein in the general vacinity if you want the tryptophan to be effective.

I would also suggest taking ZMT with vitamin B-6 to help the minerals absorb and get the tryptophan accross the blood brain barrier.

Or just check out ZMK

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Another thing to watch for with ZMT is that you don't take protein in the general vacinity if you want the tryptophan to be effective.

I would also suggest taking ZMT with vitamin B-6 to help the minerals absorb and get the tryptophan accross the blood brain barrier.

Or just check out ZMK
Ahh... good point, I almost forgot Tryp is an amino. I shall have to look into ZMK