zma while on cycle

indianakelso

Awards
i have read both ways, its useless to take while on, and i have read that it can benefit slightly in gains, also reduce shutdown. Has anyone had any experiences in this good or bad?

henryhavoc

Awards
I would save it for PCT.

Typically any test booster you use pre or during a cycle is going to be pointless when you get shutdown, so you want to keep that stuff for after your cycle.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
ZMA is zinc-magnesium acetate. or something like that. no studies have definitivly shown that it even works in the first place. it is still slightly theory. imo, it works tho. everytime i have taken it (off cycle. i'll get to that in a sec) it has given me acne and therefore i believe it is raiseing my test levels! BUT, I believe this is pointless while on cycle because all your natty test is supressed. therefore it really doesnt have anything to raise. I think that ZMA would be much more effective in a PCT.

ON ANOTHER SIDE NOTE: Unreal machine belives that taking a ph earlier in the day (such as around 3) will allow your natty test levels to be less supressed at night when hormone levels rebound and are the strongest (makes sense right!?) now, with that in mind. if you take your last dose of ph around 2-3 pm (using the unreal method) and then take ZMA at night it just may allow your natty test levels to be supressed EVEN less! So really without a lab to test each of these theories we just cant know right now.

indianakelso

Awards
ZMA is zinc-magnesium acetate. or something like that. no studies have definitivly shown that it even works in the first place. it is still slightly theory. imo, it works tho. everytime i have taken it (off cycle. i'll get to that in a sec) it has given me acne and therefore i believe it is raiseing my test levels! BUT, I believe this is pointless while on cycle because all your natty test is supressed. therefore it really doesnt have anything to raise. I think that ZMA would be much more effective in a PCT.

ON ANOTHER SIDE NOTE: Unreal machine belives that taking a ph earlier in the day (such as around 3) will allow your natty test levels to be less supressed at night when hormone levels rebound and are the strongest (makes sense right!?) now, with that in mind. if you take your last dose of ph around 2-3 pm (using the unreal method) and then take ZMA at night it just may allow your natty test levels to be supressed EVEN less! So really without a lab to test each of these theories we just cant know right now.
ya what i have read sounds like your second point, it makes sense and i have also read that zma is not actually a test booster like some believe it optimizes your hormones thats why i believe women take it also. im sure it wouldnt make a huge difference or anything just trying to get the most out of my cycle.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would only take it if you're sweating heavily while on cycle (Prog compounds or heavy cardio) and are losing alot of minerals/electrolytes this way. Regardless, it doesn't hurt. Btw aspartate not acetate ;)

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
since your natural test levels are highest at night, it wouldnt hurt to take ZMA before bed, as long as ur ph was taken much earlier. Obviously ZMA is a good bet for pct, but it would definitly help to aid ur natty test, since it would be suffering greatly while on cycle

indianakelso

Awards
thanks for all the input everyone, all where good points and seemed like educated answers/opinions.

indianakelso

Awards
rather then starting a new post ill try to get a response here, seeing how you guys seem to have some experience, have any of you had any better results with opening the caps and mixing them with olive oil an hour or so before work out, or take it with high carbs or both. M drol is what i am planning for. Not my first go around with it, i took it with natty peanut butter before, just have read a few things about the olive oil.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
carbs dont pervide absortion. fats provide absorption. and olive oil is very high in fats. you take it an hour before you lift with olive oil and its like a preworkout pump supplement. definatly the fats before a workout.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Magnesium relaxes the muscles, speeding recovery. Excellent before bed. Continue to take it.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
rather then starting a new post ill try to get a response here, seeing how you guys seem to have some experience, have any of you had any better results with opening the caps and mixing them with olive oil an hour or so before work out, or take it with high carbs or both. M drol is what i am planning for. Not my first go around with it, i took it with natty peanut butter before, just have read a few things about the olive oil.
Unreal Machine started a thread about this very thing not long ago "Title u have try this" or along those lines.

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
when I did m-drol I took 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 caps of cod liver oil, and it deff worked out well.... as far as carbs... they never hurt to take before working out, as long as they are low glycemic index carbs (whole wheat based carbs, not sugars).

This is because you dont want to spike ur insulin right before workout, as you want to right after to increase protein absorbtion.