ZMA = Restless sleep

int3grat

int3grat

Awards
Just got myself some ZMA to cure my 6 hour sleeping habit.
I take the recommended dosage but unfortunately stay up all night.
I've tried lowering the dosage but it still makes me have weird sleeps.
Is anyone else suffering from this?

And will it have the same effect having it when i first wake up in the morning on a empty stomach?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Was it the first night taking it? It takes a day or two to get in good sleep for me at least. Take on an empty stomach.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Some people have that reaction, my girlfriend experienced the same thing when she tried it stick it out for a few days, usually the sleep you get from it is amazing

int3grat

int3grat

Awards
man i cant go more than 2 days trying it, cause i end up not sleeping for the whole night

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
A couple of fiends of mine have had this same problem. They basically just stuck it out. It took about 2-3 days, but now the sleep they get they say is amazing

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it may have the reverse effects on you, as i know a few people who have this problem with many supplements/medications. try using melatonin with it and see how that works. if it doesnt, try mela by itself.

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
b6 helps with sleep hormone yes, but i was just thinking that what if methylation of enzymes are skewed for some reason

zinc is making him hyper metabolic? intersting

how about you take zma in the morning,,,get you going for the whole day without coffee or anything like that sounds good to me

and use magensium/b6 at bedtime to see whats up,,,eliminate one by one. im guessing its b6 or zinc.

and even better,,,do you have to use ZMA for sleep? there are other things to make you sleepy.

liddodragon

Awards
Had this same problem. I was taking ZMK which has a little extra. I kept waking up every hour or so all through the night. Tried to stick it out 3 days in a row... still nothing.

aj power

aj power

Awards
  • Established
I have the same problem but as suggested by the members when you stick it out for a few days it subsides and you get a good night sleep. Try starting again when you have a few days off work/study and can sleep in/survive without a full night sleep. Its a great product once its working and worth the effort ... at least imo.

int3grat

int3grat

Awards
well irrispective of my lack of sleep, when i did sleep, i dreamt i was a SAS squad leader in a japanese jewellery store shooting up civilians n gangsters lol

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
well irrispective of my lack of sleep, when i did sleep, i dreamt i was a SAS squad leader in a japanese jewellery store shooting up civilians n gangsters lol
the dreams don't go away.

when is the last meal you're having before taking your zma and what is in the meal?

Also just for clarity on the topic...zma is something that is meant to promote a deeper and recooperative sleep ONCE you're asleep. It's not a product that's purpose is to knock you out. If that's what you need, get yourself some Somnidren GH or take some benadryl.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
People forget that ZMA is just supposed to fefill zink and magnesium IF you are deficient. I like it, but some people can honestly do without it.

alexx33

Awards
stick it out for a few more days, if the restless pattern continues, then get some melatonin and just use that. 5mg knocks me out for 8 hours

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
People forget that ZMA is just supposed to fefill zink and magnesium IF you are deficient. I like it, but some people can honestly do without it.
I've wondered about this, ZMA didn't do as much for me when taking Poseidon on a consistant basis. I now only use it when not gettting any other z and m supplementation. Melatonin is amazing to me 3g and I'm out within 15 minutes but unless I can get at least 9 hrs sleep (love to sleep) I'm groggy for 1-2 hrs after waking. Tried Somidren GH sample last night, didn't do much for me in getting to sleep but did get an awesome deep sleep with very little tossing and turning so that's probably an option as well. Good luck, I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
melatonin works so well because it messes drastically with your cortisol levels inside of your body...which is completely unhealthy. It's also sourced (for most melatonin products in the industry) from Cow Vomit. Sounds like something people should be lining up for huh? :thinking:

Stevensavage

Awards
melatonin works so well because it messes drastically with your cortisol levels inside of your body...which is completely unhealthy. It's also sourced (for most melatonin products in the industry) from Cow Vomit. Sounds like something people should be lining up for huh? :thinking:
LOL!

b9cist

b9cist

Awards
I had the exact same issue with one brand of ZMA. I switched to Optimum Nutrition's ZMA and it solved my problem. I take 6 mg of melatonin with it as well. I love the dreams...

Just got myself some ZMA to cure my 6 hour sleeping habit.
I take the recommended dosage but unfortunately stay up all night.
I've tried lowering the dosage but it still makes me have weird sleeps.
Is anyone else suffering from this?

And will it have the same effect having it when i first wake up in the morning on a empty stomach?

froggy543

froggy543

Awards
There is alot of people who like ZMA of this forum..........
stick it out, only good dreams to come.

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
I've always had trouble sleeping. I jumped on the ZMA wagon about a year ago. I don't notice anything different.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a few people need to try out Zmk :)