Your ULTIMATE grocery list w/ a $100 budget

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
What's up guys? I don't know if there's already a thread here like this, but I figured I'd start up a thread for folks to share their grocery lists. It doesn't matter much if it's your real list, or more of a "wish list". I think this could possibly add some variety to all of our diets, which IMO is important to consistency, and provide some new info to people in regards to nutrition. I'll post mine up here shortly (I'm at work right now and don't need the boss seeing me posting on AM) and I'm really looking forward to seeing all of your replies.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
With 100 dollars? Buy in bulk the following

tuna, or cheap fish such as tilapia
5-6 dozen eggs
whole grain bread
green veggies
fruits (berries, bananas, etc)
chicken
rice
cheap beef (hamburgers, meatballs, roast, etc)

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Eggs
Chicken
93/7 Beef
97/3 Turkey
Tuna
Old Fashioned Oats
Brown Rice
Spinach
Broccoli
Romaine Lettuce
Blue Berries
Almond Milk
Almonds
EVOO
And different kinds of spices to keep things fresh (garlic powder and hot sauce are staples though)

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
With 100 dollars? Buy in bulk the following

tuna, or cheap fish such as tilapia
5-6 dozen eggs
whole grain bread
green veggies
fruits (berries, bananas, etc)
chicken
rice
cheap beef (hamburgers, meatballs, roast, etc)
I was going to post, until I read your list. 99.9% of what you said could have been taken right outta my mouth.

So I second your list.....if that's possible!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
bulk foods dot com

Buckwheat, high in COMPLETE protein and good carbs, little fats.

and id get as much frozen chicken as possible.

and a gallon of olive oil.

vudoo

Awards
lots of chicken/beef and broccoli. lots of berries.

reptone

Awards
  • Established
All of the above are great. All I can add is that I would include more fruit. Peaches, Pears, plums, nectarines, grapes,watermelon,strawberries. If I buy too much and some start to get soft, in the blender they go. I also get skim or 1 % milk. I like my shakes a little thicker but like to use less protein so it`s not gritty.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I just spent 97 bucks at the grocery store...far above what I shoulda, and yet honestly its not even a full weeks worth of food....shoot me dead. Then again I did drop 13 bucks on a buy one get one for 2 bottles of lycopene.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I just spent 97 bucks at the grocery store...far above what I shoulda, and yet honestly its not even a full weeks worth of food....shoot me dead. Then again I did drop 13 bucks on a buy one get one for 2 bottles of lycopene.
wow really, $100 last me at least a week and a half usually 2 weeks..

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
wow really, $100 last me at least a week and a half usually 2 weeks..
It would normally last me 2, but this is one of those weeks where I also had to get more toothpaste, and this, and that.

Normally big ol bag of chicken breasts(which Krogers here sometimes has a 2 for 1!!!) some beef patties, green beans, oatmeal, cottage cheese, eggs, and that covers my staples and everything else shifts around a bit.

But this week since I am pressed I opted for a couple pre-made meals to make the next few hectic days easier. I do got 2 salmon fillets marinating in the fridge atm though, they really wanted to hangout with my grill tomorrow :D

edit:
I should also note, I am trying to grow. And I am one of those guys who could eat cold pizza for breakfast, garlic cheese bread and pizza for lunch, a big meatza pizza for dinner, and chug chocolate milk and not gain weight fast at all haha.

Eating healthy just makes it harder, so I get a lil dirty here and there meal wise ;)

Of course I wont complain, I am sure it will come in handy in my 30's and 40's hah