WS4SB 3 help!

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Even very interested in trying this program for rugby training.
Extremely confused though as to the main core exercise, say you choose bench press for Max upper lift, do you do this every max upper or switch through like chins, mil press...
How does this workout hit the big lifts if you kinda do some of them 1 time per week or every other week. Input Appreciated.
An example of someones would be ever better.
Off season rugby training: so strength is key but also conditioning

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The ME is switched every 1-3 weeks (depends on experience and training level). Do you have the ebook?

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
The ME is switched every 1-3 weeks (depends on experience and training level). Do you have the ebook?
I was reading the PDF articles he wrote for each of the programs, idk if that is the ebook though?
So if you chose bench for 1-3 weeks, then you would stop and do say weighted chins for 1-3 weeks?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was reading the PDF articles he wrote for each of the programs, idk if that is the ebook though?
So if you chose bench for 1-3 weeks, then you would stop and do say weighted chins for 1-3 weeks?
Training at that high of a % on a given lift for that period of time is counterproductive. This is one of the foundations of the conjugate system.

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Training at that high of a % on a given lift for that period of time is counterproductive. This is one of the foundations of the conjugate system.
Man this system is hard to follow lol.
So like 1 week bench, 1 week chins? Etc, per say?
Or am I totally off?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Man this system is hard to follow lol.
So like 1 week bench, 1 week chins? Etc, per say?
Or am I totally off?
Correct. I liked to use floor press, bench, dips, and chins for upper and deads, box squats, and squats for lower while I was using WS4SB.

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Correct. I liked to use floor press, bench, dips, and chins for upper and deads, box squats, and squats for lower while I was using WS4SB.
Ok thanks, well I love the dynamicness of this program. But for rugby do you think this would encompass everything to be a top level player on the physical sense? As in hit everything needed?

And if it's not to much trouble you seem to know a ton about this, for a rugby player 5'10" 225lb ~12% bf and tons of lifting experience could you lay out the basics of the program? Not like on depth with sets/reps I understand that part just the basic lift rotation as I feel I will f it up and end up doing lateral raises as a ME lift lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok thanks, well I love the dynamicness of this program. But for rugby do you think this would encompass everything to be a top level player on the physical sense? As in hit everything needed?

And if it's not to much trouble you seem to know a ton about this, for a rugby player 5'10" 225lb ~12% bf and tons of lifting experience could you lay out the basics of the program? Not like on depth with sets/reps I understand that part just the basic lift rotation as I feel I will f it up and end up doing lateral raises as a ME lift lol
The book covers what you need to know.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Is that just the PDF journal he has?
And I need to do cleans, can i just throw them in lol
Yes and why do you need to do cleans? DeFranco is actually against cleans as they require a high amount of time devoted to just them.

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Yes and why do you need to do cleans? DeFranco is actually against cleans as they require a high amount of time devoted to just them.
Our team does them during season, so I have to work on them in the offseason to be ready. Time commitment? I could see that for beginners, I usually just go in and bust them out. In our sports training center they had us superset front squats with planks, and power cleans with pull ups

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Our team does them during season, so I have to work on them in the offseason to be ready. Time commitment? I could see that for beginners, I usually just go in and bust them out. In our sports training center they had us superset front squats with planks, and power cleans with pull ups
As in the time it takes to teach the technical precision required for a power clean and in the proper energy system environment along with the unique footwear. They are an exercise that requires complete recovery and low reps.

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
As in the time it takes to teach the technical precision required for a power clean and in the proper energy system environment along with the unique footwear. They are an exercise that requires complete recovery and low reps.
I see. I usually do mine with 4 sets of 3 reps , 2-3 min rest between sets or ss with another lift.
It seems like WS4SB is pretty broad. If I used it as a template and maybe put in some cleans and military press and possibly front squats during dynamic would I be shunned from their society lol. It's just I need to do mil press for rugby for lifting in lineouts, really no way around it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I see. I usually do mine with 4 sets of 3 reps , 2-3 min rest between sets or ss with another lift.
It seems like WS4SB is pretty broad. If I used it as a template and maybe put in some cleans and military press and possibly front squats during dynamic would I be shunned from their society lol. It's just I need to do mil press for rugby for lifting in lineouts, really no way around it.
Military press is in the template, but not as a ME. IIRC, there aren't any BB movements on the DE for lower, but you can make them a ME.

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Military press is in the template, but not as a ME. IIRC, there aren't any BB movements on the DE for lower, but you can make them a ME.
Right on dude, thanks for all your help! I did the RE upper workout today and loved it! So I'm gonna try and stick to it best I can