workout for my girlfriend

bige211

Awards
does anyone have a good training schedule for a girl that just wants to get a little toned. i was origionally gonna just give her my training split with less exercises and higher reps, then i started thinking i really doubt a girl would need basicly a day dedicated to chest, or any single muscle group for that matter. but who knows i might be wrong, i'm not all that up to par on the female side of it.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Twice a week basic full body workout could work. Compound movements. 2 or 3 sets per exercise. 8 to 12 reps to failure or close to it. Put a little work into it. Use your brain and post back with what you came up with.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I'd say that diet is more key in what she is trying to accomplish. My wife has been working out with me for the last 3 months and while I've gained wieght and strength she has gained strength but lost weight due to her diet.

She may not need to do your exact workout but a 3 or 4 day split working the muscle groups once a week is not going to hurt, maybe use your type of split but cut the volume and throw in some cardio on each day.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
yeah id agree... two day split full body for light-med volume work and i'd alternate the exercises too just to keep it fresh

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I have my gf running a 3x a week split, with everything 3 sets of 8. I can see muscles developing and she is getting stronger. I think for girls especially though it comes through diet.

bige211

Awards
well i have her going twice a day now , once in the a.m. with me for her cardio and abs , then later on at night doing whatever i'm scheduled to do, i usually have her do 3 or 4 sets of 10-16reps - of about half of the exercises that i do....i made sure she's not doing anything unnecessary and nothing to heavy because she dosnt want to put on any bulky muscle mass, she just wants that toned look, nothing to over the top though

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
LOL. This thread is funny - I finally bugged my mom into starting to lift... I got her up to a 45 and a 10 on each side of the hammer strength bench press machine for 5 reps, and had her doing seated cable rows with 110 for 5 reps... Women should work out pretty much like men do. It's the eating that should be more petite.

Not 20 minutes after my mom got off the cable row some 215lb guy got on the cable row and did like 6 or 7 with 120, I had a hard time not laughing at him :run:

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
and nothing to heavy because she dosnt want to put on any bulky muscle mass, she just wants that toned look, nothing to over the top though

Jeez. This crap drives me nuts. :rolleyes: :frustrate
Agreed.

This isn't worth my time to explain why women won't suddenly explode into hard, angular muscle bound freaks. If someone else has patience for this, more power to them. That info is out there in a logical format, and I'm sure your woman isn't using high dose anavar or winny, right? :rolleyes:

You need to research some more. :nono: