Working out after wisdom teeth extraction?

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
How long should I wait? It's been about 36 hours and I'm dying to get a workout in. So if you can't tell, I don't feel too bad. Just a little sore, but I'm scared of dry socket and worried that if I accidently suck in too much air or make that pout face (lol) where u incorrectly don't breathe for a second I'm going to mess up my stitches

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
How long should I wait? It's been about 36 hours and I'm dying to get a workout in. So if you can't tell, I don't feel too bad. Just a little sore, but I'm scared of dry socket and worried that if I accidently suck in too much air or make that pout face (lol) where u incorrectly don't breathe for a second I'm going to mess up my stitches
Going through the same thing bro, it's been 5 days for me and I got my first workout in yesterday. Problem for me has been eating and chewing in particular.

Just gauge it by how u are feeling man. It wiped me out for a while but everyone reacts differently. It will be a while until I can eat properly as my dentist never stitched me up I just had this massive hole to contend with

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
They just left you open??! Goddamn man I'm sorry that must suck, plus increases risk of dry socket. Yea I'm barely on day two and I'm eating fine (cautiously of course) but my dentist said they had ZERO problems with my extraction. Each tooth just popped out lol

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Mine took 15 minutes to remove just one! Dentist was just digging and wrenching at it with various forceps and my anaesthetic wore off so last bit hurt like ****. Left it open and I have had no end of trouble keeping it clean and keeping my diet on point as well. eating is an absolute challenge have lost weight and have generally been a bit depressed afterwards.

Shaking it off now and as I say am back in the gym but it has been a bad experience imo lol

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Yea that sounds rough my dude I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. A very cute young lady was my oral surgeon, took out 4 IMPACTED wisdom teeth with zero problems so props to her haha

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Sweet. Mine was a guy who looked like gino d'acampo. If u in the states u won't know who that is lol.

Anyway Bro just take it easy when u get to the gym and work up to heavy stuff just to make sure you don't strain and buss out your stitches ?

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
From the states so no idea lol but sounds somewhat familiar?
And yea that was my plan, gonna start of slow just realllllly worried about dry socket as that's like 6 weeks of EXCRUCIATING pain. People say drugs don't even cover it up

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
I wouldn't worry about it mate, happens in like 5% of all extractions. Keep it clean with salt water solution and mouthwash after every meal and u will be absolutely fine.

U get dry socket if u get careless or complacent.

I have some good antibacterial mouthwash in my bag at all times and just leave it to heal and do its thing .

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
They told me not to use mouthwash but did say to use saltwater so that's what I'm doing, swelling is like minimal to none existent so i suppose I'm healing fine. Just can't wait til I don't have to worry about it at all anymore haha. Best of luck to you with that unstitched hole!

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Same to u manlet. I'm sure u will be OK using mouth wash I started from day 2. chlorhexidine is what u want man. it is the bomb. It's otc here not sure about America.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
MrManlet, I had a tooth pulled last month, and on the 4 day I started back with a Moderate Exercise.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
So do you think I should wait? My mouth is a little more sore today upon waking up with no Motrin yet

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Just keep it light af or have a nice walk or a bike ride so u don't feel like u missing out on something. There's a lot to be said for training whilst recovering from something, but only you know what is right for your body

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Well guys I ended up going all out today and gotta say I got a pretty good workout in. I was just conscious about puffin my cheeks