Work out 8 weeks no weight loss, lost.

gotmoobs

Awards
Hey, I been on and off this forum for a few years now, and I usually am a Lurker, but I am starting to really get put off as to if there is something wrong with me.

For about the last 8 weeks, I been doing 1hr of cardio, and 1hr of weight lifting, as well as sauna for 15-20 minutes a day for 3 days a week. On top of that one day a week, I will play handball, singles, for 3 hours. My weight over the last 8 weeks has been from 243 to 250. Never anything more or less. I have gone on a week long vacation, and when I got back I actually dropped weight!

Diet. 5 days a week I eat cup of oatmeal, with healthy choice peanuts in it, with a green tea. midway thru day, light and fit yogart. Lunch I have turkey, roasted pepper, on 2 double protien slices of whole wheat bread, string beans, and an apple. Mid way point to the gym, I have a 15gm protien bar. After the Gym I eat dinner, which is again now grilled chicken, on same type of bread, with mustard, and roasted peppers. I do mix it up 1 day a week with either, smart pasta, or tuna patty. Hr before I goto sleep, i have pro complex 60gms of protien.

On weekends, I choose saturday or sunday as a cheat day. this includes going to BBQ's going out drinking with friends, strictly dirty martinis.

On the off day, I dont exercise, but will have some sort of chicken/turkey combo or tuna patty.

I take OEP and animal pack as well as joint support.

That said, I am getting much more stronger then when I first started. What is weird, I have ate less healthy, worked out the same in the past, and lost more weight. So it confuses me how, I am taking it very serious now, how am I not dropping weight?

TeamT10

Awards
get off the OEP and let your system balance back out before taking it again, er well if youy have been on for more than 30 days, also, everyone hits their walls sometimes

my advicem, keep at it, take out some of the breads, bump up how many times your eating a day (6 meals a day or 7) and drink more water than your body can handle....

i wouldnt recommend the sauna thing so constant, let your body keep its water, do that sparingly....

break your workouts up, into 2 a days, give it time, as long as your calory intake is below maintenance, youll get into shape

1newbie

Awards
get a calorie counter and write down EVERY thing that goes into your mouth. Find your maintenance calorie levels and cut from there. Lose the cheat day and the alcohol - at least until you are closer to your goal. When you write everything down, very surprising what goes into your mouth. Workout drinks, Starbucks, etc. all can be diet killers. Those dirty martini's have more carbs than my plain oatmeal that I eat for breakfast. The mirror is just as important as the scale.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I been on and off this forum for a few years now, and I usually am a Lurker, but I am starting to really get put off as to if there is something wrong with me.

For about the last 8 weeks, I been doing 1hr of cardio, and 1hr of weight lifting, as well as sauna for 15-20 minutes a day for 3 days a week. On top of that one day a week, I will play handball, singles, for 3 hours. My weight over the last 8 weeks has been from 243 to 250. Never anything more or less. I have gone on a week long vacation, and when I got back I actually dropped weight!

Diet. 5 days a week I eat cup of oatmeal, with healthy choice peanuts in it, with a green tea. midway thru day, light and fit yogart. Lunch I have turkey, roasted pepper, on 2 double protien slices of whole wheat bread, string beans, and an apple. Mid way point to the gym, I have a 15gm protien bar. After the Gym I eat dinner, which is again now grilled chicken, on same type of bread, with mustard, and roasted peppers. I do mix it up 1 day a week with either, smart pasta, or tuna patty. Hr before I goto sleep, i have pro complex 60gms of protien.

On weekends, I choose saturday or sunday as a cheat day. this includes going to BBQ's going out drinking with friends, strictly dirty martinis.

On the off day, I dont exercise, but will have some sort of chicken/turkey combo or tuna patty.

I take OEP and animal pack as well as joint support.

That said, I am getting much more stronger then when I first started. What is weird, I have ate less healthy, worked out the same in the past, and lost more weight. So it confuses me how, I am taking it very serious now, how am I not dropping weight?

What you think is 'serious' doesn't mean your putting the pieces together correctly. Boozing stops the fat burning process as well as adds empty calories. That oatmeal your eating is great but 1 cup is 50-55g of carbs. For contrast, I get that in a whole day. When I did the 5 day a week, 2 days off routine, I got minimal results. My work ethic is never a problem. When I finally committed to 7 days a week, 364 to this lifestyle, changes happened faster than any supplement, or workout regimen could ever give me. I think you need to analyse that diet friend. Good Luck

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
get a calorie counter and write down EVERY thing that goes into your mouth. Find your maintenance calorie levels and cut from there. Lose the cheat day and the alcohol - at least until you are closer to your goal. When you write everything down, very surprising what goes into your mouth. Workout drinks, Starbucks, etc. all can be diet killers. Those dirty martini's have more carbs than my plain oatmeal that I eat for breakfast. The mirror is just as important as the scale.
This. Everything else is window dressing. Is it a hassle? Yes, at first anyways but if you're not willing to do what it takes then take another look at your goals.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would reassess your diet...I think that is probably the heart of your problem with getting the weight off

pilip99

pilip99

Awards
  • Established
if all else fails start counting your calories and that should do the trick

lartinos

lartinos

Awards
I love keto diets with a good thermo and some cardio. Works great for me.

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah i wouldn't reccomend using the scale as the end all be all since the mirror is much better. Weight flucuates. Lyle mcdonald has actually talked about something that is weird but very real were people will be grinding away on their diet for weeks or even a month or two with no weight drop, than give up and eat a big cheat meal and guess what the next day? They lost a bunch of weight. It's weird how that works so times.

I'd reccomend you look at your diet and go through it with a fine tooth comb.. I mean count caloies in every single thing you eat. I wouldn't be surprised if you have underestimated by hundreds of calories, even upwards of 500. It happens all the time. You may have a real low maintainace calories in which case you gotta cut stuff out.

Let's see your macro breakdowns. Youmay have to stop snacking as long as your getting enough protein in you can cut those snack calories out and it might get things droppig for you

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah i wouldn't reccomend using the scale as the end all be all since the mirror is much better. Weight flucuates. Lyle mcdonald has actually talked about something that is weird but very real were people will be grinding away on their diet for weeks or even a month or two with no weight drop, than give up and eat a big cheat meal and guess what the next day? They lost a bunch of weight. It's weird how that works so times.

I'd reccomend you look at your diet and go through it with a fine tooth comb.. I mean count caloies in every single thing you eat. I wouldn't be surprised if you have underestimated by hundreds of calories, even upwards of 500. It happens all the time. You may have a real low maintainace calories in which case you gotta cut stuff out.

Let's see your macro breakdowns. Youmay have to stop snacking as long as your getting enough protein in you can cut those snack calories out and it might get things droppig for you

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I mean you've got a lot more factors involved that the basic diet/workout so its hard to assess where every bit is working. Scales are wonderful and all for a number but its just a number. If your diet is way off you could lose five pounds of muscle and no fat or vise versa. Maybe your lifts ave been big, maybe your just carbed up from junk? Animal Pal would play are role here too. Revamp your diet first off then evaluate were all the other stuff is working.