Will Brink claiming "there's AAS in creatine supps"

muscl3s

muscl3s

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Will Brink claiming "there are AAS in creatine supps"

Synthetic creatine-monohydrate is consumed as a dietary supplement (DS) worldwide. Up to now no analytical technique for authenticity control or identification of origin of creatine-monohydrate products has been reported. Isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS) of different creatine-monohydrate samples was performed allowing to differentiate between production sites located either in Germany or China.

The results obtained indicate that the carbon and nitrogen isotopic composition of industrially synthesised creatine-monohydrate depends on the isotopic composition of the raw materials rather than on different production processes. Statistical pattern recognition of isotope data allowed for classification of most of the creatine-monohydrates sold as DS into German and non-German origin, respectively.

Four DS, cross-contaminated with anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS), could not be allocated to a single producer. This suggests that contamination with AAS did not occur during synthesis, but during handling by the distributors.

He claims to be writing another blog entry in 2011 regarding this "issue"

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Synthetic creatine-monohydrate is consumed as a dietary supplement (DS) worldwide. Up to now no analytical technique for authenticity control or identification of origin of creatine-monohydrate products has been reported. Isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS) of different creatine-monohydrate samples was performed allowing to differentiate between production sites located either in Germany or China.

The results obtained indicate that the carbon and nitrogen isotopic composition of industrially synthesised creatine-monohydrate depends on the isotopic composition of the raw materials rather than on different production processes. Statistical pattern recognition of isotope data allowed for classification of most of the creatine-monohydrates sold as DS into German and non-German origin, respectively.

Four DS, cross-contaminated with anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS), could not be allocated to a single producer. This suggests that contamination with AAS did not occur during synthesis, but during handling by the distributors.

this was taken from the Creapure web site

Creapure® is the premium brand for creatine worldwide. When it comes to manufacturing creatine, no other brand combines the three pillars of quality the way Creapure® does:

1.careful selection of raw materials
2.high-performance technology thanks to sophisticated process engineering under GMP conditions
3.precise chemical analysis
This is how we make sure Creapure® is as effective and safe as possible.

Creapure® is a registered trademark and a registered logo, standing for high-quality pure creatine (monohydrate).

This company have set the bench mark for quality creatine You have to trust someone and if you use creatine from this company , i would not doubt that quality is what you get..

CREATINE mono hydrate is the only form of creatine that carries this reassurance . There are many forms of creatine and where theyre sourced from -who knows , however he is referring in particular to creatine monohydrate so he may be trying to stir it.

muscl3s

muscl3s

Banned
Awards
  • Established
a reply he made to a question: "Oddly, the study does not say, which is a major mistake in my view of the authors I thought, or they plan on getting another paper from their data... However, goal of their study was not to test for AAS, but to show creatine could be tested for it's origins, so finding AAS in 4 of them, was more side bar non essential info to them in terms of the focus of their research and paper."

another reply
: "No, but they also couldn't figure out where it came from: "Four DS, cross-contaminated with anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS), could not be allocated to a single producer"

Which is why they concluded the AAS was probably added after the fact of production.

Creapure, was most consistent, and in my view, still the easy choice in creatine supps.

More details when I get article done"

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
So...uh...where do we get the ones with AAS?

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
AAS at amounts too minute to elicit any tangible effect-- probably. More needless fear-mongering.

muscl3s

muscl3s

Banned
Awards
  • Established
AAS at amounts too minute to elicit any tangible effect-- probably. More needless fear-mongering.
maybe some kind of deal with Creapure manufacturers and Brink to sell more Creapure products... who knows
"Creapure, was most consistent, and in my view, still the easy choice in creatine supps." - Will Brink

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
This has been mentioned before. Some people did get CM that was contaiminated with Nandrolone many years back. The only weight-lifters that overlook creatine are the ones that dont use it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
exactly-no mention of what aas or amount. what exactly was the intent of the article-to get attention, imo.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established

Will Brink likes to play "industry dude". He peppers occasional valid points with lots of "I know more than i can let on" talk. Watch for the "read my article" which then usually tries to sell an e-book.

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
Daps on the super savings!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Will Brink likes to play "industry dude". He peppers occasional valid points with lots of "I know more than i can let on" talk. Watch for the "read my article" which then usually tries to sell an e-book.
industry dude, lol.:147:

muscl3s

muscl3s

Banned
Awards
  • Established
this is exactly what i was thinking... in the thread he posted links to his other creatine article (which had nothing to do with AAS IN CREATINE!)
And he mentions he has another "article" coming in 2011... it's obviously a tactic he uses to get attention to his blog...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this is exactly what i was thinking... in the thread he posted links to his other creatine article (which had nothing to do with AAS IN CREATINE!)
And he mentions he has another "article" coming in 2011... it's obviously a tactic he uses to get attention to his blog...
you have done well-grasshopper

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
remember you always need HCG when on creatine and for PCT i suggest anadrol 500mg a day should be fine

kvothe

Awards
unless is was a mthylated compound it would take A LOT of the contanimate to have any effect, hundreds of mgs if not multiple grams. No reason to think it has much of a negative or positive effect unless it was a 17aa compound, then it would be a different story.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
i dont know how old Will Brink is but i know he s been around a while.When youve not been in the headlines for some time , often people look for ways to get attention : abit like regurgatated pop stars

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
id aleast get some good results if my creatine had AAS in it.

lartinos

lartinos

Awards
His shake weight review was poorly done. He is not someone you should get your information from.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FL3X angry, must have more Cell Tech!!! Rarrrrrr!!!!!

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
His shake weight review was poorly done. He is not someone you should get your information from.
You say this as if there were a "good way" to do a "shake weight". LOL Lart!

muscl3s

muscl3s

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You say this as if there were a "good way" to do a "shake weight". LOL Lart!
i've been doing the shake weight since i hit puberty... and i love it

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i've been doing the shake weight since i hit puberty... and i love it
I too have been doing the shake weight since muscl3s hit puberty.
I mean...
wait a minute...
Not what I meant...