Why do TRT guys use Arimidex instead of Aromasin?

superone

Awards
  • Established
Every guy on TRT I read is on Arimidex and not Aromasin, even though Aromasin is supposed to be a lot better on the lipids, IGF-1 levels, and even lowers SHBG a bit. On paper Aromasin is also supposed to be stronger and no rebound occurs when stopping. It is stronger than Arimidex, so you can just use a lower dose. I know its a steroidal AI and Arimidex is not, but guys on TRT are shut down anyways or using HCG, so I dont get it?

Why not Aromasin?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Every guy on TRT I read is on Arimidex and not Aromasin, even though Aromasin is supposed to be a lot better on the lipids, IGF-1 levels, and even lowers SHBG a bit. On paper Aromasin is also supposed to be stronger and no rebound occurs when stopping. It is stronger than Arimidex, so you can just use a lower dose. I know its a steroidal AI and Arimidex is not, but guys on TRT are shut down anyways or using HCG, so I dont get it?

Why not Aromasin?
Its harder to control due to the half life.

superone

Awards
  • Established
Its harder to control due to the half life.

The half life is 1 day I think, what would be wrong with dosing like 12.5mg or whatever dose you need daily? I dont know, from all that I had read on the net atleast it seems to be the best AI with the least sides, especially for the long term.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was told once that using any steroidal AI is not good in the long term. Can't remember exactly why.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was told once that using any steroidal AI is not good in the long term. Can't remember exactly why.
aromasin would be better for long term AI use than a-dex or letro because it has a positive effect on your IGF1 levels and lipids. It is just not cost effective at all..

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think, because it has a direct effect on the receptor, it causes increased estrogen receptor density over time, just how serms also have this effect. Steroidal AI's also have some sort of action on the androgen receptor. This is just slightly what I remember being told by some seasoned pros, could be a bit off, worth looking into.