Who has a thyroid problem? I got some subjective questions..

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TSH is trending high and I feel tired, lost 40lbs of muscle over the last 18months, now I can only make it 2-3 days a week to the gym d/t fatigue.

Anyone else ever have problems with this?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dang 2K....sorry to hear all that.

In for knowledge

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nurse Prac is driving me nuts on a whole new level; what drives me nuts is she thinks she knows what shes doing but I keep having to correct her. But my TSH is unusually high. My mom has it, my grandpaw has it, so it runs in my family. I might try to get a refund.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
I do. My TSH 2 years ago was 23, probably double as high as yours. Took over a year to get it back down to 3-4 range. I didn't realize how bad it affected me until I got it taken care of. Runs in my family as well. Usually you will gain weight with high TSH, not the other way around though.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
I remember running every cutter in sight years ago and I could never lose stubborn ab fat. After I got on Tirosint, and got the TSH down to 3-4, it keeps the fat at bay. (And I eat very clean, but I eat a couple candy bars a day to keep myself sane.) Probably stay around 13-14% BF with no cardio now that TSH is in check. This hormone can really F you up if not controlled. My anxiety was insane at that time, even high amounts of Xans wouldn't control it.

CultiVader

CultiVader

Awards
I’m currently having similar issues. Can’t get in to see the endo till feb 1, so I’m not sure how they’re gonna treat it. Underactive thyroid runs in my family, so I guess it was bound to happen. I just wish I would have gotten it checked out earlier. Hopefully they’ll put me on some medication that can get my thyroid back to normal.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My tsh has been around 4-6.5 on and off for the past few years; t3, t4, etc are always fine though. Never really had any symptoms such as fatigue, weight gain, weight loss, etc.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some have symptoms in subclinical, some dont. Grandpa and mom have it. So its in the family. My TSH bounced up to 4.76, then back down to 3.00. Two really high numbers. Anxiety has been insane the last two years, insomnia too. I can't sleep b/c I drag so much during the day that I never get as much done as I want to. Body weight has gone down about 40lbs but waist has increased 2 inches. Lots of aches & pains, brain fog, slow thinking. It's debilitating.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Some have symptoms in subclinical, some dont. Grandpa and mom have it. So its in the family. My TSH bounced up to 4.76, then back down to 3.00. Two really high numbers. Anxiety has been insane the last two years, insomnia too. I can't sleep b/c I drag so much during the day that I never get as much done as I want to. Body weight has gone down about 40lbs but waist has increased 2 inches. Lots of aches & pains, brain fog, slow thinking. It's debilitating.
Yea I have pretty achy joints and can have difficulty focusing at times, not sure if those are from thyroid or not. I need to do some looking into it to learn more because I don’t know a whole about the thyroid.

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think everyone is different as far as where their TSH, t3, t4, rt3, etc all need to be for optimal levels. It took me multiple physicians before I could get one to understand what I was going through. I had two look at TSH only and determine that I was "in range." My TSH was right at 5. It's almost a year later and I'm still trying to find my optimal medicine and dose.

I had the lethargy, brain fog, lack of motivation, insomnia, inability to build any muscle, no cardio endurance, achy tendons and joints, low libido, dry scalp, frequent muscle cramps, cholesterol skyrocketed, etc.

I started on levothyroxine and felt great for about 6 weeks. Then all my symptoms returned. I increased the dose but nothing changed. Ive been on NP or armour thyroid for about 3 months and this seems to be a better fit for me. I'm not symptom free yet, I'm giving it time to see if this dose ends up alleviating everything. I'm not sure what my next step will he if this dose doesn't get me back to completely normal.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My friends girlfriend had thyroid cancer, had the whole thing removed. First she gained weight, of course, then they put her on T4 and she’s now thinner than ever. Haven’t seen them in a dogs age. They have a bunch of old hearses all cherried out and restored.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
I think everyone is different as far as where their TSH, t3, t4, rt3, etc all need to be for optimal levels. It took me multiple physicians before I could get one to understand what I was going through. I had two look at TSH only and determine that I was "in range." My TSH was right at 5. It's almost a year later and I'm still trying to find my optimal medicine and dose.

I had the lethargy, brain fog, lack of motivation, insomnia, inability to build any muscle, no cardio endurance, achy tendons and joints, low libido, dry scalp, frequent muscle cramps, cholesterol skyrocketed, etc.

I started on levothyroxine and felt great for about 6 weeks. Then all my symptoms returned. I increased the dose but nothing changed. Ive been on NP or armour thyroid for about 3 months and this seems to be a better fit for me. I'm not symptom free yet, I'm giving it time to see if this dose ends up alleviating everything. I'm not sure what my next step will he if this dose doesn't get me back to completely normal.
I've dealt with all of that. Will drive you crazy. I feel 10x better now that my TSH is back to 3-5 range

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've dealt with all of that. Will drive you crazy. I feel 10x better now that my TSH is back to 3-5 range
Thing is, I get my bloods done yearly with TSH, T3, T4. In 2015 my TSH was 2.88, in 2016 3.42, 2017 2.65, and now 2018 its 4.76. So its kinda trending up.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thing is, I get my bloods done yearly with TSH, T3, T4. In 2015 my TSH was 2.88, in 2016 3.42, 2017 2.65, and now 2018 its 4.76. So its kinda trending up.
Mine is similar with how it fluctuates

CultiVader

CultiVader

Awards
My TSH is currently 8.44. Hopefully they can get it dialed in. Wonder if I’d notice the change.

On a completely different note, on a range of 270-1100, my total test was 315. I could triple my test levels and still be in the normal range. Wonder if I’d notice the change in that? My system is all out of wack at age 32 lol.

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Anybody have any input regarding a part of their treatment which helped restore libido? This seems to be the most noticeable of my symptoms that hasn't been improved since I began taking medication. There have been 3-4 day stretches that libido seemed to be almost fully recovered but nothing sustained.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anybody have any input regarding a part of their treatment which helped restore libido? This seems to be the most noticeable of my symptoms that hasn't been improved since I began taking medication. There have been 3-4 day stretches that libido seemed to be almost fully recovered but nothing sustained.
explain

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Basically what I meant was, I've been adjusting my prescription and dosage for a year and mostly my symptoms have alleviated. But my libido is still non-existent at times, and low nearly all the time. I just wondered if anyone else had found something they could directly attribute to regaining libido.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Basically what I meant was, I've been adjusting my prescription and dosage for a year and mostly my symptoms have alleviated. But my libido is still non-existent at times, and low nearly all the time. I just wondered if anyone else had found something they could directly attribute to regaining libido.
Could be testosterone is a touch low. Ever check that?

IIRC from endo class; most libido problems in young healthy men are from psych problems.

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Could be testosterone is a touch low. Ever check that?

IIRC from endo class; most libido problems in young healthy men are from psych problems.
I did a year ago before identifying thyroid as the problem... I couldn't believe it but it was over 1000. Now that I'm settled in with Armour thyroid @ 90mg. I may run some more bloods for things like test and E.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
My TSH is currently 8.44. Hopefully they can get it dialed in. Wonder if I’d notice the change.

On a completely different note, on a range of 270-1100, my total test was 315. I could triple my test levels and still be in the normal range. Wonder if I’d notice the change in that? My system is all out of wack at age 32 lol.
Dude. My TSH was 23, no joke. Even at 8 I felt normal. 32 yrs old as well. Sucks

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
It always changes.. I have to get TSH bloods every 3-6 months, and it stays between 4-6.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Maybe hop on a higher dose. I take Tirosint which is pure T4 with no binder/filler. Costs 60$ a month with insurance, BUT, it works. I stay lean and keep muscle now compared to when I was going keto at a high TSH.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe hop on a higher dose. I take Tirosint which is pure T4 with no binder/filler. Costs 60$ a month with insurance, BUT, it works. I stay lean and keep muscle now compared to when I was going keto at a high TSH.
im not on any thyroid meds though. Have some borderline anti-thyroid antibodies, along with TSH that keeps creeping higher and higher. Also have other abnormal antibodies in my blood. Paraproteinemia with chiefly elevated IgM was found as well.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
My recent TSH was .7

Qhat are the symptoms for low TSH?