What's the Deal with Prescription HGH?

dougpacker

Awards
I had generic Somatropin and BC/BS was paying.
Then either due to Stallone or Bonds or whatever my pharmacy said DEA took all the GH.

Is there any GH via insurance anymore?

While I'm asking I have to ration what's left.

Is it worth it to just do 2 iu 3 days a week for 6 months?

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The FDA changed the prescribing guidelines for HGH. It can now only be legally prescribed in adults with documentation of a pituitary tumor in conjunction with a GH release test.

Most doctors are now prescribing semarhelin now.

krazy

Awards
My doc said they are really really tight on prescribing HGH. You can thank Bonds or Roger Clemens or whoever.

Your name will get entered into a national HGH registry and all kinds of ****. REAL tight.

dougpacker

Awards
What I figured. Sermonelin insurance wont cover either.

Oh well - so much for the days of insurance paying for GH.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What I figured. Sermonelin insurance wont cover either.

Oh well - so much for the days of insurance paying for GH.
How about the research form, for your research??? Is it not cost effective?

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
The FDA changed the prescribing guidelines for HGH. It can now only be legally prescribed in adults with documentation of a pituitary tumor in conjunction with a GH release test.

Most doctors are now prescribing semarhelin now.
It may be an insurance issue, but a lot of doctors are prescribing HGH. Sermorelin didn't work for me. It left me with an IGF level of 139. I've read similar results from others.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
dermacrine took my igf from 150 to 237. labs verfied this

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
dermacrine took my igf from 150 to 237. labs verfied this
Elevated testosterone levels will increase IGF. Mine has been as high as 187 from testosterone alone. I ran Sermorelin when I was off of everything. That gave me an accurate reading on its effectiveness. Your number was high. How old are you?

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It may be an insurance issue, but a lot of doctors are prescribing HGH. Sermorelin didn't work for me. It left me with an IGF level of 139. I've read similar results from others.
I used to have HGH payed for by a major insurer and filled for several years through the largest mail order prescription management firm. Last year when I went to refill my script it was denied. After a lot of follow up calls, letters etc I was copied on the FDA letter changing the guidelines.I originally thought this was simply a cost control measure on the part of the insurance company.

Based on my reading of that document I would think any dr prescribing HGH today without documentation of pituitary tumor AND results of GHRH test is in direct violation of the law. I am traveling so dont have access to the document but I daresay that many doctors arent even aware they are prescribing illegally. Additionally some may choose to run the risk of doing so.

Lastly if the doctor is a doc whos prescribing without having actual ever met and examined the patient both the dr and the patient run legal risks.

Having said all that if your insurance is still paying I envy you. I loved HGH.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I used to have HGH payed for by a major insurer and filled for several years through the largest mail order prescription management firm. Last year when I went to refill my script it was denied. After a lot of follow up calls, letters etc I was copied on the FDA letter changing the guidelines.I originally thought this was simply a cost control measure on the part of the insurance company.

Based on my reading of that document I would think any dr prescribing HGH today without documentation of pituitary tumor AND results of GHRH test is in direct violation of the law. I am traveling so dont have access to the document but I daresay that many doctors arent even aware they are prescribing illegally. Additionally some may choose to run the risk of doing so.

Lastly if the doctor is a doc whos prescribing without having actual ever met and examined the patient both the dr and the patient run legal risks.

Having said all that if your insurance is still paying I envy you. I loved HGH.

My insurance never paid it. My doctor prescribes it and he is reputable. He lectures at The University of Miami and has a grant to conduct a five year study on HGH at their medical school.

My wife's doctor, who is also reputable prescribes it. He's a well known cardiologist who worked on Dr. Debakey's heart transplant team.
I doubt that pituitary tumors are prerequisite to HGH prescriptions. Doctors are probably allowed to treat conditions that result from weak pituitaries in older people as they are in children.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Have you all looked into Mucuna Pruriens? Beyond a Century sells it at two doses. I am taking the more concentrated dose. I would be interested in how your starting and ending bloodwork comes out. BAC is mentioned in a book I'm reading on HGH right now as being a supplier of GH releasers.

The book is Grow Young with HGH by Dr. Ronald Klatz