What's More Efficacious: Cycles of Test Cyp or Steady State Test Cyp as HRT?

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
I'm posing this as general question as it relates to long term anabolic gains, the health of the HPG axis, and overall health for someone in their late 20s/early 30s.

What would be better long term, e.g. a 12 month period of time: either weekly Testosterone Cypionate as Hormone Replacement Therapy with a steady plasma Testosterone level maintained at ~700 ng/dL or repetition of a 10 week cycle of 1000 mg/week Testosterone Cypionate followed by a 6-8 week PCT. AI's would be used in both cases.

In other words, as it relates to health and gains, in your opinion is it better to do cycles or is it better to have a weekly steady state maintenance dose as with Hormone Replacement Therapy?

Last edited:
GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Well, hrt/trt is pretty much a "for the rest of your life" choice, so I would say a cycle would be best in the long term, especially at such a young age. Unless of course you already are in need of trt.

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
Well, hrt/trt is pretty much a "for the rest of your life" choice, so I would say a cycle would be best in the long term, especially at such a young age. Unless of course you already are in need of trt.
Yea you're absolutely right. That is usually the case with Hormone Replacement therapy for those who actually need it: to stay on it for life. But there are many young people out there on HRT who can still produce a sufficient amount of endogenous Testosterone, but do HRT anyway. These people are doing it for the overall boosted Testosterone levels somewhat above that which they could naturally achieve. So I'm asking, in this case, would it be better for this person to run cycles or continue HRT as it relates to health/gains.