What is your ultimate-realistic goal?

What is your ultimate physique/body altering goal?

• Total voters
masonmarin18

masonmarin18

Awards
  • Established
Definitely do this. It will help you make small weight/rep increases for each week. Great way to track progress.

David
Team APPNUT

Yeah, never really knew it was necessary until a few months ago, you guys use an actual log book, or just any type of composition book.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Yeah, never really knew it was necessary until a few months ago, you guys use an actual log book, or just any type of composition book.
I use a notebook for now. I'm going to try to figure out how to build a spreadsheet and follow that though. that way all i have to do is plug in numbers.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
So who here tracks their nutrition down the macros and calories and also training?

I know writing crap down is annoying and a turn off, but does anyone actually go these lengths to ensure they hit desired goals

of training and eating?

-Matt
Absolutely do this. Well I stick with it for about 8-10 weeks give myself 1-2 weeks going off estimates just for a little vacation. Then jump back to it.

It made such drastic differences going from guessing daily macros to knowing exactly what I was eating. Let alone the ability to make small calculated changes.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, just a notebook.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So who here tracks their nutrition down the macros and calories and also training?

I know writing crap down is annoying and a turn off, but does anyone actually go these lengths to ensure they hit desired goals

of training and eating?

-Matt
Weights, yes. Food, no. After this long and knowing how much I need given a certain training volume, I can go by instinct on how much I need to fuel my sessions. However, I did log my food for about 6 months when I was still green and it is the reason that I can pretty accurately estimate how many kcals I've had for the day.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good stuff --

I will be investigating a new program that makes tracking foods and training very easy and perfect for meeting target goals.

Will customize it to the foods and macros I personally recommend for desired goals.

-Matt

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Good stuff --

I will be investigating a new program that makes tracking foods and training very easy and perfect for meeting target goals.

Will customize it to the foods and macros I personally recommend for desired goals.

-Matt
Anything to make dietary and training tracking quicker easier and better sounds great.

N.Woods Giant

N.Woods Giant

Awards
  • Established
I voted for the second option. I am after strength. At times I need to up my cals to a level where I get a little fat looking. So be it. I dont give a crap about abs. I just want to be as strong as I can be.

boogyman

Awards
My goals are all strength or performace based. As long as I look decent naked, bodyfat and stuff don't matter much to me. My wife actually likes a little tummy fat lol.

Having said that, as long as my weights keep going up in the gym over the fall/winter, I should be on track to do a recomp or cut at the end of the winter into spring (depends on my weght at that time). It would be my first real cut.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My goals are all strength or performace based. As long as I look decent naked, bodyfat and stuff don't matter much to me. My wife actually likes a little tummy fat lol.

Having said that, as long as my weights keep going up in the gym over the fall/winter, I should be on track to do a recomp or cut at the end of the winter into spring (depends on my weght at that time). It would be my first real cut.
Lucky - wish my Wife "liked tummy fat" lol....She gets angry when I am in off-season and I am a bloated mess --- still have abs etc... but the water in my face is a turn-off (which I understand) as I hate bloat face too.....but its part of the game!

-Matt

boogyman

Awards
Lucky - wish my Wife "liked tummy fat" lol....She gets angry when I am in off-season and I am a bloated mess --- still have abs etc... but the water in my face is a turn-off (which I understand) as I hate bloat face too.....but its part of the game!

-Matt
Big difference, I'm just a normal guy looking to be stronger and in shape. My athletic days are behind me.