• Established
so much love for poseidon, cannot wait to try mine out

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
so much love for poseidon, cannot wait to try mine out
Keep us informed on what you think once you've had the chance to give Poseidon a test drive! I think you'll be pleased! ;)

Workin

redhawk76

redhawk76

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'll let you know for sure, should start up pretty soon :)

bbgolfer

Awards
Workout: Water
Cardio only: 5/6 scoops(~35g) of my TP BCAA mix, which is:

~26g BCAA
~1g Tyrosine
~1g Glutamine
~3.5g Taurine
~1g ALCAR

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
BCAAs, Beta Alanine, Creatine mono. and Vegetable Glycerin.

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I consume Shaklee's Performance all throughout my workout sessions. The proof is in the pudding (or studies) that this is possibly the best sports drink out there. Been around since 1987-88 and it's been proven time after time. I personally like doing a lot of endurance and conditioning work and most other products are too weak carbohydrate-wise to really give you any long enduring blood sugar lift.

Actually, these are:

The fact that carbohydrates lead to more energy and a prolonged onset of fatigue has intrigued many athletes, nutritionists, and active people. This interest in gaining more energy has led to an increased demand in carbohydrate products.

Testing carboyhydrate products: carbohydrates and electrolytes

In order to prove that the Shaklee products do work as well as they claim to, Shaklee performs clinical studies. In one of these studies, Performance was tested.

Cyclists rode stationary bicycles at 70% VO2 max for two to three hours. Shaklee Performance, other carbohydrate-electrolyte prototypes, and water were given to the athletes at the rate of one liter per hour. Shaklee Performance maintained blood glucose levels significantly higher than water throughout the test period, while maintaining plasma volume equal to that of water. Shaklee Performance also maintained a higher plasma osmolality than water, helping balance thirst with fluid needs and supporting the osmotic drive to drink. It was also the best-tolerated of all the carbohydrate-electrolyte prototypes.

Maximizing endurance

Shaklee Performance helped maintain athletes* blood glucose levels for muscle energy and fluid levels for proper hydration. After more than three hours of vigorous cycling in the laboratory, during which time the cyclists consumed either Shaklee Performance or water, the speed was turned up even higher. At this sprint pace, Shaklee Performance drinkers endured for 33 minutes, while the water-only group lasted just two minutes.**
Amplified Nutrition

The Physiology of Human-Powered Flight. Weiss. Science News 1990;137:140.

The Effects of Sodium: Carbohydrate (Na: Carb) Ratios in Rehydration beverages (RB) on Plasma (PG), Osmolality (PO), Volume (PV), and Subject Tolerance (ST). FASEB J 1990;4:A381 (abstract).

Shaklee Clinical Studies (Performance alone)

The Daedalus Project: Physiological Problems and Solutions. Nadel, Bussolari. Am Scientist 1988:76:351-60.

Glucose-Electrolyte Ingestion: Influence on Endurance Factors in Highly Trained Female Cyclists. Sirotniak, Foster. Med Sci Sports Exer Suppl 1992;24:S121 (abstract).

Vascular Uptake of Rehydration Fluids in Hypohydrated Men at Rest and Exercise. Greenleaf, Geelen,Jackson et al. NASA Technical Memorandum 1992:1039-42.

Vascular Uptake of Rehydration Fluids in Resting Hypohydrated Men. Greenleaf, Geelen, Saumet et al. FASEB J 1991;5:A1147 (abstract).

Hypervolemia in Men from Drinking Hyperhydration Fluids at Rest and During Exercise. Greenleaf, Looft-Wilson,Wisherd et al. NASA Technical Memorandum 1994:46-57.

Drink Composition and Cycle-Ergometer Endurance in Men: Carbohydrate, Na+, Osmolality. Greenleaf, Looft-Wilson, Wisherd et al. NASA Technical Memorandum 1994:46-50.

CD4+/CD8+ T-Lymphocyte Ratio: Effects of Rehydration Before Exercise in Dehydrated Men. Greenleaf, Jackson, Lawless. Med Sci Sports Exer 1995;27:194-9.

Drinking-Induced Plasma Vasopressin and Norepinephrine Changes in Dehydrated Humans. Geelen, Greenleaf, Keil. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1996;81:2131-35.

Hypervolemia in Men from Fluid Ingestion at Rest and During Exercise. Greenleaf, Looft-Wilson, Wisherd et al. Aviat Space Environ Med 1998;69:374-86.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Just ordered some Posiedon. Im excited to see how it impacts my performance. :)

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Just ordered some Posiedon. Im excited to see how it impacts my performance. :)
Keep us posted on your results JZ7757. I think you'll be very pleased! :thumbsup:

Workin