What detrimental sides accompany TRT?

pacificmd

Awards
pacificmd : can you msg me a link to your professional website? Thanks
Hi lexmuscle,
Thanks for your interest in my practice. However, I will stay anonymous for now. Heard too many horror stories about message boards. I hope you can understand. For now, am enjoying participating, sharing and learning.
Best regards
pacificmd

mpd556

mpd556

Awards
Doc, check your profile. High school and smoker/drinker doesn't look good as a doctor lol.

In all seriousness people check that stuff and may try to bust you out. I'm not doubting you are a professional guy, just new to the site. ;)

pacificmd

Awards
mpd556

Thanks for the heads up. I assure you I graduated high school and am not a smoker. Lol!

Best regards

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Well this certainly has become interesting...

sysadmn

Awards
I am curious what you feel is good timing/dosing for HCG administration for both
-a once per week IM T injeciton
-a twice per week subQ T injections

It seems the standard with a 1/week T administration is to use 500iu of HCG the 2 days prior to the next weekly T injection. However I have seen some suggest 250iu every other day throughout treatment.

With a twice per weeks subQ administration of T do you think 500iu the day before the T injection would be best?

Thanks for your opinion :)

I'm on 150 mg Test Cypionate weekly. My doctor has prescribed HCG, 300 iu two and four days after injection. I'm also on Arimidex 3 days after injection.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm betting if you dropped that 150mg to something like 60mg e3.5d, you could get away without any need for an AI and have much more consistent numbers. Also, why are you taking HCG?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah, just seeing if you knew because for all the sides that people seem to see from it, I often wonder why some do not question their docs.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Ah, just seeing if you knew because for all the sides that people seem to see from it, I often wonder why some do not question their docs.
Never taken hcg and never needed an AI at Rx trt doses.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Never taken hcg and never needed an AI at Rx trt doses.
Me neither, however I always keep one on hand just in case I fall into a tub of lavender and soy. Never know.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol! I think I've posted enough about my hcg experience so I am always curious and then see who is still on months later.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At 200mg you need to watch your RBC and Hematocrit! Donate blood regularly. Additionally if you drop your dies to the physiological range you may likely get by without an AI. There is nothing that impressive if at all different between being at 1400 on 200 and 800-900 at 100-125...except aromatization and increased RBC and hematocrit. Not healthy longevity wise IMO

I wouldnt bother with DHEA as it can elevate estrogen and cause acne and a host of other issues.
From an anabolic standpoint, I may agree with this but from a sex drive standpoint, 200mg is superior to 125-140mg...at least to myself.

I agree with giving blood regularly if that high. For me, 140mg/wk puts me at 590-900ish. It aint enough benefit for the amount I'm paying. Once per week dosing is a joke so I do two doses per week now which is alot more effective even at same dose.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From an anabolic standpoint, I may agree with this but from a sex drive standpoint, 200mg is superior to 125-140mg...at least to myself.
Damn, you are the only person I've heard having a higher libido with that amount of test. Do you find you need an AI?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, you are the only person I've heard having a higher libido with that amount of test. Do you find you need an AI?
Yeah but just to stabilize it then a low dose EOD schedule works fine. I'm getting ready to lower my T dose to 125-150mg/wk and doing 10- 20mg Trest Ace EOD. From there, I'll keep lowering my T dose until I start to lose my libido again. Hoping the Trest at a low dose will make libido really high and allow me to lower T dosage. Keep in mind, I ran AAS a few times at fairly high doses. Something likee 500-750mg/wk with Masteron. Sex drive was off the charts! I have found that 300+mg has less obvious sides. For instance, more sex drive, less estrogen issues, less acne etc. But it takes a toll on blood levels and isnt healthy in the longterm.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FP: Good stuff ;)

Curious: Why opt for Trest in lieu of Test?
I know they are very similar in activity so whats your logic behind opting for one that is "much less researched"

Thanks

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FP: Good stuff ;)

Curious: Why opt for Trest in lieu of Test?
I know they are very similar in activity so whats your logic behind opting for one that is "much less researched"

Thanks
Normally, I would do 4-6 week ph cycles from time to time. I'm trying to find a viable replacement to give an extra kick in the pants while still retaining the normal functions of T. Plus, a low dose Trest will keep babies out of the picture for the next few years. I'm only gonna do a 40 day experiment and decide from there..

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interested to see how this plays out for u. I'm in the same boat so to speak

TRT guy who plays with PH's for a boost every 3-4 months or so.

Normally, I would do 4-6 week ph cycles from time to time. I'm trying to find a viable replacement to give an extra kick in the pants while still retaining the normal functions of T. Plus, a low dose Trest will keep babies out of the picture for the next few years. I'm only gonna do a 40 day experiment and decide from there..

pacificmd

Awards
The internet is scary. I'm quickly learning that these boards are filled with internet doctors giving advice based on the three people they know on trt. The worst part about it is that people take this advice seriously.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nail on head ;)

The internet is scary. I'm quickly learning that these boards are filled with internet doctors giving advice based on the three people they know on trt. The worst part about it is that people take this advice seriously.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was that a shot at me or someone else? I hope u werent talkin to me. I made a statement, not a recommendation or treatment advice.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You said a mouthful and you are not beyond that suspicion as well. :)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You said a mouthful and you are not beyond that suspicion as well. :)
That is what I was thinking. That is a wide general blanket and offending to many of us that actually do know what we are talking about, run labs, and understand TRT.

This whole idea that doctors are above reproach is insane. How many people on TRT have had to ask for specific labs and request information and additional data with regards to their health, only to continue their search. Patients that take care of their health and bodies understand more than the doctors in many situations.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
That is what I was thinking. That is a wide general blanket and offending to many of us that actually do know what we are talking about, run labs, and understand TRT.

This whole idea that doctors are above reproach is insane. How many people on TRT have had to ask for specific labs and request information and additional data with regards to their health, only to continue their search. Patients that take care of their health and bodies understand more than the doctors in many situations.
^^^^^

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't speak for him obviously but it sounded very "in general" and broad-based to me.

Pretty certain he was sharing his sentiment to what we all describe as "bro-logic" :p

My reply to his comment was certaiinly "in general" ;)

Was that a shot at me or someone else? I hope u werent talkin to me. I made a statement, not a recommendation or treatment advice.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, I understand where you were coming from. I just didn't think it was cool for someone that is claiming to be a doctor to generalize the board. Hell, for all we know he set his username to tell us he was from maryland and living on the West coast for all we know.

pacificmd

Awards
No shot at anyone. Just a frightening observation. I realize that many here are self prescribing. Naturally, that is a terrifying thought to me. We aren't talking about some ed pill or something. We're talking about your hormones, which impact every system in your body. I can't condone that. I'm not here to judge or condemn anybody here, nor was I taking a shot at an individual. It is my sincere hope that those who are self prescribing these extremely powerful medicines come to their senses and see a qualified physician.

pacificmd

Awards

Who ever stated doctors are above reproach? It certainly wasn't me.

I'm not saying you aren't knowledgeable about TRT. Many here have much more knowledge about TRT than the vast majority of doctors. However, that knowledge can be extremely dangerous. Many here have just enough knowledge to be a danger to the public. You are very confident in your knowledge. It's obvious you have studied and researched TRT extensively. However, that in no way qualifies you to give advice to others whom may take it as informed medical advice. I'm sure there are several people out there who are self prescribing TRT based partially on your advice. That's scary. Also, you seem to have a negative attitude towards docs and that has translated into a "i know better than the docs", so you only need to listen to me attitude. IMO, that attitude combined with your self learned knowledge (there's a big difference between knowing facts and understanding why they are facts) poses a risk to the public.

It is my sincere hope that everyone here get their care from a trained physician who understands TRT. TRT can change people's lives for the better. However, done incorrectly or haphazardly is simply insane. That is my informed medical advice to you and everybody on or considering TRT.

Regards,
pacificmd

pacificmd

Awards
No, I understand where you were coming from. I just didn't think it was cool for someone that is claiming to be a doctor to generalize the board. Hell, for all we know he set his username to tell us he was from maryland and living on the West coast for all we know.
You are correct. I might not even be a doctor. I might be a sociopath trying to give faulty advice because I like to hurt people. There's no way for you or anyone to know. That is exactly my point. Come to these boards to learn and interact. However, take everything with a grain of salt. Get your care face to face with a trained physician. This ain't checkers, this is chess!!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who ever stated doctors are above reproach? It certainly wasn't me.

I'm not saying you aren't knowledgeable about TRT. Many here have much more knowledge about TRT than the vast majority of doctors. However, that knowledge can be extremely dangerous. Many here have just enough knowledge to be a danger to the public. You are very confident in your knowledge. It's obvious you have studied and researched TRT extensively. However, that in no way qualifies you to give advice to others whom may take it as informed medical advice. I'm sure there are several people out there who are self prescribing TRT based partially on your advice. That's scary. Also, you seem to have a negative attitude towards docs and that has translated into a "i know better than the docs", so you only need to listen to me attitude. IMO, that attitude combined with your self learned knowledge (there's a big difference between knowing facts and understanding why they are facts) poses a risk to the public.

It is my sincere hope that everyone here get their care from a trained physician who understands TRT. TRT can change people's lives for the better. However, done incorrectly or haphazardly is simply insane. That is my informed medical advice to you and everybody on or considering TRT.

Regards,
pacificmd
Good post and response. I do come across as negative towards doctors and clinics with regards to TRT based on my experience and I make that pretty clear in most of my responses. I don't do it all the time, but maybe I should. Due to dealing with multiple Endos and several doctors that just really did not seem to care or understand the need to take an individual and learn their symptoms and issues, I was forced to learn. I ended up finding a good doctor and endo, but it took a year of referrals and leg work to get there. When I hear about the experiences that others have that sound exactly the same, I speak up.

To your point about posing a risk to the public, well that is ludicrous, imo. We could say that about anything someone posts advice or recommendations about on any board. This is public forum and I never pretend to be a doctor, but I am very willing to give opinion and personal experience that I have gone through over the last 3+ years. If someone wants to take that and use it as the same as going to the doctor, well, that is on them.

I appreciate your candor on this. You are almost done with the hazing process. LOL

pacificmd

Awards
You self prescribed yourself lifelong TRT? LOL- damn. Why not keep self medicating and just add things in until you feel right?
Was this a joke? I certainly hope so. However, after reading some of your posts I think you were being serious. If you're serious I am going to report you to the internet medical board to have your eMD revoked. Please tell me that was a joke.
"I don't like you because you're dangerous."
ice

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was this a joke? I certainly hope so. However, after reading some of your posts I think you were being serious. If you're serious I am going to report you to the internet medical board to have your eMD revoked. Please tell me that was a joke.
"I don't like you because you're dangerous."
ice
Really? If you think that was serious, you are going to have a difficult time on this thing called the Internet.

pacificmd

Awards
Really? If you think that was serious, you are going to have a difficult time on this thing called the Internet.
That's the best advice you've given thus far. You are correct. This internet experiment will now end.

Regards
Pacificmd

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No shot at anyone. Just a frightening observation. I realize that many here are self prescribing. Naturally, that is a terrifying thought to me. We aren't talking about some ed pill or something. We're talking about your hormones, which impact every system in your body. I can't condone that. I'm not here to judge or condemn anybody here, nor was I taking a shot at an individual. It is my sincere hope that those who are self prescribing these extremely powerful medicines come to their senses and see a qualified physician.
I'm doing the exact same thing my doctor did, as so many of us. Thing is, it isnt worth $37 bucks a visit/shot when the whole freakin bottle only costs $40. Docs and NP's are so overpaid here. I made a choice because money doesnt grow on trees and the healthcare industry doesnt play by the rules of economy. They like to upcharge way beyond the real value of product so they can maintain the six figures I guess.

Fact is, they lost my business because they arent competitive in their pricing vs value added services and they try and stick a one-size-fits-all practice on me.

We know hormones arent toys, but we're also more experienced with them than most docs r too. I'm not talkin bout endos just regular MD's.

Lets replace the word "qualified physician" with "value added service". Sheds a whole new light on the subject.

Note: "qualified physician" and "value added services" are NOT interchangeable.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I often wonder about pharmaceuticals/doctors/kickbacks. The whole medical industry seems sketchy to me. Medicines with insane side effects and warnings (acetaminophen or statins for example) are handed out like jelly beans, meanwhile wreaking havoc on livers. It's all just scary to me, so I do my best to educate myself and avoid big pharma as much as I can (except for TRT)