What are the Worst Nicknames In MMA?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I left it for you. Emelianenko, Fedor...
I appreciate it. What about Vitor "The Brazilian Thunderfist" Belfort. Did I make that up? I think that was an early nickname of his. If that guy could ever get his head on straight he could still be the man, what is he 28, 29?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Larry "Thunderfoot" Cureton

Vitor "Shaolin" Ribiero

Paul "Pain" Peters

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I appreciate it. What about Vitor "The Brazilian Thunderfist" Belfort. Did I make that up? I think that was an early nickname of his. If that guy could ever get his head on straight he could still be the man, what is he 28, 29?
He popped up when he was a teenager, so he can't be older than 30.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Who do you think has the best intro music?

For me it is oldschool Ice Cold Igor.

Another OT observation: I saw Erikson vs. Skelton from Pride 17 the other day and Tom chokes him out by gripping his throat and squeezing. Is this legal now? One could use it in the crucifix position if so.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Who do you think has the best intro music?

For me it is oldschool Ice Cold Igor.

Another OT observation: I saw Erikson vs. Skelton from Pride 17 the other day and Tom chokes him out by gripping his throat and squeezing. Is this legal now? One could use it in the crucifix position if so.
Pretty sure that is not legal.

I personally like Fedor's entrance to Era or Akihiro Gono's for shear hilarity. Genki Sudo also has some great entrances.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Igor's intro music was cool as hell. Fedor's is definitely my favorite. Aleks' was good too, it was Era also, forgot the name. Gotta give "country boy can survive" a nod, Hughes of course. Saku's, when he fought Randleman and it started off with the Mario bros theme, that was awesome.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
The emelianenko's have great intro music. I've definitely listened to Fedor's intro song while doing some heavy sets working out. I hate country so I don't really dig Hughes' but it is fitting.

Gono's intro is cool for a while but then it gets old. Apollo Creed's etrance is pretty dope too.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
The emelianenko's have great intro music. I've definitely listened to Fedor's intro song while doing some heavy sets working out. I hate country so I don't really dig Hughes' but it is fitting.

Gono's intro is cool for a while but then it gets old. Apollo Creed's etrance is pretty dope too.
Good call, Apollo's entrance was unreal. RIP James Brown. I enjoyed Wand coming out to Sandstorm by Darude, and I normally hate techno. I like Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider, Cote has used that for his intro.

sp33dkillz

sp33dkillz

Awards
I've always hoped that Diego Sanchez would change his nickname from "Nightmare" to "Dirty".

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Joe "J-Lau" Luazon is ****ing terrible. Its not funny even the first time.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Good call, doesn't get much gayer than J-lau!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I forgot if someone mentioned this, but Alexander "the diet butcher" Otsuka

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That's a good one. I always liked Otsuka's intro song.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Ricco Suave lost to Ben Rothwell tonight. He actually looked to be in much better shape at 252.5.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the best nickname is easily Marcus "The Irish Hand Grenade" Davis.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the best nickname is easily Marcus "The Irish Hand Grenade" Davis.
WTF, we are talking about the worst names in MMA. Not the best!
That one is classic lol.

Edit: Oops, I didn't read your post properly. Thats what I get for posting at 2AM after drinking all night :drunk:

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
That's what happens when a original and quaint username like CNorris points fingers at others on their choice of Nicks. :think:

It's Allright, C, you have been a good contributor of late, compared to that Tard Turd Auggie, you look like a congenial Genius.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I really dont like Mirko's entry music but you say nothing bc its "cro crop" and he'll do wtf he wants, but coming off two losses i feel safe saying that trashy crap sucks.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Soon to be renamed the 'Juicer Shark'
Most of the time I'm sure the guys are guilty and were just dumb and got caught. In this case, I'm almost inclined to believe Sherk though. He just seems like the type of guy who really cares about every tiny thing that goes into his body and would not want to put steroids into it. Maybe I am just naive or it's wishful thinking but I guess we will find out at his appeal.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Most of the time I'm sure the guys are guilty and were just dumb and got caught. In this case, I'm almost inclined to believe Sherk though. He just seems like the type of guy who really cares about every tiny thing that goes into his body and would not want to put steroids into it. Maybe I am just naive or it's wishful thinking but I guess we will find out at his appeal.
I think when you saw how hard he worked in the All Access show it is hard not to admire the guy and hence you don't want him to be guilty. It's also a show that can be edited to manipulate one's perception of him. He has a density to his physique that makes it hard to believe that he hasn't done something in the past. I like the guy a lot, though, for his hard work regardless of his guilt.

sp33dkillz

sp33dkillz

Awards
Sherk is one of my favorite fighters, but I would really be supprised if he didn't run some sort of aas. That was the first thing i thought when i saw his huge ass basket of supps... lol. I do hope he is cleared and is more cautious next time.

guyrelax

guyrelax

Awards
yeah

josh 'the people's champion' burkman

and

tim 'the maine-iac' silvia

I know silvia's was already said, but I hate him so much I thought I'd repeat it.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Haha, yeah, what is Burkman the champion of????

Martelle

Martelle

Awards
Stiebling was also called "The fighting Brad Pitt", the japanese loved that guy. I think "The Math Librarian" is worse, doesn't make any type of sense.
LOL, it's an honour to see myself come up in this thread! I've now made ( by my own count ) 5 such internet lists of worst nicknames!!

I'm "The Math Librarian" because, well, that was my job before MMA. I was the Math Librarian at the Queen's University Math Library. In a sport full of wannabe tough guy nicknames, I thought it'd be fun to stand out with a less assuming moniker. Seems to be getting the attention that I hoped it would.

Cheers guys!

Mike "The Math Librarian" Martelle

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
LOL, it's an honour to see myself come up in this thread! I've now made ( by my own count ) 5 such internet lists of worst nicknames!!

I'm "The Math Librarian" because, well, that was my job before MMA. I was the Math Librarian at the Queen's University Math Library. In a sport full of wannabe tough guy nicknames, I thought it'd be fun to stand out with a less assuming moniker. Seems to be getting the attention that I hoped it would.

Cheers guys!

Mike "The Math Librarian" Martelle
Pretty amazing coincidence that you found this thread on this board. You're famous man, you've hit the big time being mentioned on a monster board like this. Do you still train/fight or is it back to the Math Library for you?

Martelle

Martelle

Awards
Thanks bro, I still train and compete. I have a school too, www.grizzlygym.com . And I have to 'fess up - I found this thread when I Googled myself :)

All my best guys!

Mike

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro, I still train and compete. I have a school too, www.grizzlygym.com . And I have to 'fess up - I found this thread when I Googled myself :)

All my best guys!

Mike
Right on. I figured that may have been the case, but I googled you and when this thread didn't come up within the first 2 pages my lazy ass gave up. I'll have to check out your site, when's your next fight?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
That is funny, Mike. Welcome aboard and I'd be curious to know when your next fight is too.

Martelle

Martelle

Awards
Thanks guys! I actually leave tomorrow for a fight in Tokyo on Sunday! Wish me luck, and thanks again for the mention. I love strength training too, so it's cool for me to see myself mentioned on Anabolicminds.com! Say, if anybody wanted to send me a T-Shirt sometime, I'd be happy to wear it to my next show :)

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Nice, Mike. Getting to see the world while doing what you love. Let us know what happens.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Since this is the OT thread, let's use MMAth to come up with the most ridiculous conclusions possible.

1. Shungo Oyama > UFC LHW champ Rampage
Oyama > Renzo > F. Shamrock > Tito > Wandy > Rampage

2. Justin Eilers > Fedor
Eilers > Mike Kyle > TK > Fedor

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What's Lesnars nick name going to be?

Brock "Swock" Lesnar.

Swock is referring to the tattoo on his chest. Sword + C*ck = Swock.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since this is the OT thread, let's use MMAth to come up with the most ridiculous conclusions possible.

1. Shungo Oyama > UFC LHW champ Rampage
Oyama > Renzo > F. Shamrock > Tito > Wandy > Rampage

2. Justin Eilers > Fedor
Eilers > Mike Kyle > TK > Fedor
Kimo>Fedor

Kimo>Saku>Carlos Newton>Pele>Hughes>Royce>Shamrock>Bas>TK>Fedor

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
No Go, Rodja - Bas>Randelman.

Sinosic>Horn>Lidell>Sobral>TK>Fedor>Zuffa

Paul "Polarbear" Varlens>Mark Hall>Harold Howard>Royce Gracie>Sakuraba>Punk Minowa>Butterbean>James Thompson>Don Frye>Ken Shamrock>Bas Rutten>TK>Fedor

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
No Go, Rodja - Bas>Randelman.

Sinosic>Horn>Lidell>Sobral>TK>Fedor>Zuffa

Paul "Polarbear" Varlens>Mark Hall>Harold Howard>Royce Gracie>Sakuraba>Punk Minowa>Butterbean>James Thompson>Don Frye>Ken Shamrock>Bas Rutten>TK>Fedor
Well done, Rogue. I don't think that decision sits well with Rodja.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Let's stop with the long winded sh8t that ends with TK>Fedor, we all know Fedor didn't lose to TK.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Dennis Hallman>Shogun

Hallman>Hughes>Royce>Ken Shamrock>Severn>Forrest>Shogun

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Here's a ricockulous one : Forrest > Shogun ohh.:sad:

Sorry Alex. It's 1-1 between the two and with TK retired, I guess we'll never know who's the better fighter. :twisted:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Here's a ricockulous one : Forrest > Shogun ohh.:sad:

Sorry Alex. It's 1-1 between the two and with TK retired, I guess we'll never know who's the better fighter. :twisted:
TK guard>Fedya's GnP

Martelle

Martelle

Awards
Hey guys!

Just since some of you asked, I did indeed win my recent fight in Tokyo via 2nd round submission! The Math Librarian moves to 2-1, baby!!

Thanks for your support,

Mike

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Great job Mike, Just wondering is there anywhere we can check the fight out. BTW your school looks topnotch. Keep throwing down and congratulations :cheers:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 10
Prince IronMag Labs 2
Anabolics 26
mixedup Anabolics 0
Anabolics 201