What´s happening with my weightlifting belts?

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

5 or 6 years ago, i bought a cheap weightlifting belt and i used for that time with no issues.

However a couple of months ago, i suddently felt something strange when wearing it. I checked and it was deformed exactly in the middle back. It had a kind of a stiff lump and it was darker around it. It seemed like some liquids were splittted on it but they weren´t.

I bought a new belt two months ago, which supposedly it´s a better belt and for my surprise, today when wearing it, i felt something odd. When i checked, exactly the same thing happened to the belt. A lump in the middle and a darker color around it.

It was to be a big coincidence to be splitted liquids exactly in the same spot in both belts.

Do you have any idea why is this happening? Can i fix them in any way? I already sent an e-mail to the store/brand where i bought the second one and they immediately ruled out the possibility of any free replacement and they keep sending me pre-formatted answers. So, 40€ to the trash. Unacceptable it only lasted a month and half and most of time lifting light weights (i´m recovering from a back pain).

For now, i will not say which the brand is. I will try to contact them in any other way, but it´s not a "cheap" one. Well, maybe not to hard to guess, looking at some photos.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like water or heat damage to me. I doubt it's the company that caused it. Where do you store it?

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Looks like water or heat damage to me. I doubt it's the company that caused it. Where do you store it?
I didn´t dropped any liquids on them. Maybe some humidy? But it´s really strange both of them developed the same issue in the same spot.

I store it in house in a place where i store clothes, shoes, etc and got no issues with any other things. I only left it in the car for a couple of days once but the car was under a shed and we don´t have temperatures above 20.º this time of the year... I see belts exposed to the sun every single day for years in the gym where i workout and they didn´t develop this issue.

This is something really odd. This last belt didn´t last two months.

Do they have any kind of gel inside of them? Maybe it´s that gel?

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
I assume you sweat when you're wearing it? If you're like me when I'm squatting or dead lifting the belt would definitely be getting wet there.

tsmog

tsmog

Awards
Looks like leather rot. Could have been caused from humidity and sweat bro. Might want to hang it up to dry when you're done wearing it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A good belt is something worth the extra money. It'll literally last decades if it's made properly. Inzer, Pioneer, Titan, etc. all make great belts.