Welcome To Anabolic Minds! Introduction Thread!

BigMex

Awards
Hi I'm Ramon I'm 35 years old and work in law enforcement. I have been back in the gym for a couple of months now trying to quit being a fat kid. So far I'm pretty happy with the progress even though the fat isn't coming off overnight but I see big changes already. Any tips or ideas are completely welcome and appreciated

Jhighlander

Jhighlander

Awards
Thank you all for the warm welcome, this oughta be fun :)...

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Welcome guys! Always glad to have more!!

h3rcules

Awards
hello all from Spain , I read the forum for a long time.
greetings to all

stacks556

stacks556

Awards
Hello everyone; I'm new on here I have an extensive background in Muay Thai and am also a fitness enthusiast. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Jhighlander

Jhighlander

Awards
Welcome Stacks556,,, i to am a newbie here... I was always a BJJ and Krav enthusiast myself... Cant wait to ready about your fitness journey...

HollowSoul87

Awards
New, just finished up paramedic school which was rough on my body, eating habit wise and will be getting back at it. Been creeping on here for a while and finally becoming active. Love the info you guys possess.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
New, just finished up paramedic school which was rough on my body, eating habit wise and will be getting back at it. Been creeping on here for a while and finally becoming active. Love the info you guys possess.
Welcome!

Doomed

Awards
Hello, just joined today. I watched a video about groceries and cutting. Ive been doing my best to get my diet in check and I just found the place where I can read and learn from. Im 44 and on TRT. 6'1 and 285lbs. bf% have no clue pretty high. waist is a 40. I started out at 370lbs a year ago. No surgery or crazy cycles. Diet and cardio. I doubt 100mg of test is going to have drastic changes. So I will be doing a lot of reading here about food. My biggest problem.... Thanks

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hello, just joined today. I watched a video about groceries and cutting. Ive been doing my best to get my diet in check and I just found the place where I can read and learn from. Im 44 and on TRT. 6'1 and 285lbs. bf% have no clue pretty high. waist is a 40. I started out at 370lbs a year ago. No surgery or crazy cycles. Diet and cardio. I doubt 100mg of test is going to have drastic changes. So I will be doing a lot of reading here about food. My biggest problem.... Thanks
Welcome

JoelJelinski

Awards
My name is Joel and I have a passion for fitness and health! I enjoy supplements that help build leaner, stronger muscle! 33 years old and looking to get to the best shape of my life!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My name is Joel and I have a passion for fitness and health! I enjoy supplements that help build leaner, stronger muscle! 33 years old and looking to get to the best shape of my life!
Welcome Joel

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's been a while since I popped in this thread, but welcome to those who have joined since then. Excited to have you as part of the fam, and I look forward to conversing with everyone!

Pseudonymous

Pseudonymous

Awards
I haven't been here - or to a gym - in years. Dieting, eating clean, first, then I'm not sure what route to take, I'm basically starting over from scratch and want to focus on health and longevity, so I want to do things right.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't been here - or to a gym - in years. Dieting, eating clean, first, then I'm not sure what route to take, I'm basically starting over from scratch and want to focus on health and longevity, so I want to do things right.
Welcome

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Welcome to AM!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Glad to see you guys interested in AM. Welcome aboard!

joev88

Awards
Hey all! My name is Joseph and I am new to the gym and nutrition. Just wanted to introduce myself and look forward to sharing this journey with all of you!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Hey all! My name is Joseph and I am new to the gym and nutrition. Just wanted to introduce myself and look forward to sharing this journey with all of you!
Welcome Joseph!

OTG85

OTG85

Awards
New here but on many forums

OTG85

OTG85

Awards
Ty brother

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Welcome to AM brother
I haven't seen you post in a few days, I was starting to wonder where you were. It's crazy how much everyone here is like family, and you start to worry when you don't see people posting after a few days.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I haven't seen you post in a few days, I was starting to wonder where you were. It's crazy how much everyone here is like family, and you start to worry when you don't see people posting after a few days.
Was mostly gone a month,
Working my way back on full time again

Agree on it being a close-knit community here

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was mostly gone a month,
Working my way back on full time again

Agree on it being a close-knit community here
Agreed^^^. I noticed the absence. Speaking of absence does anyone know if hvactech is okay?

Hank

Hank

Awards
What's everyone awesome site. I live in Pittsburgh pa. My current gym is la fitness. In Pleasent hills or Greensburg. Just hear to learn some dos and don't and make some great gains.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's everyone awesome site. I live in Pittsburgh pa. My current gym is la fitness. In Pleasent hills or Greensburg. Just hear to learn some dos and don't and make some great gains.
Welcome, you chose a great board to learn from. The friendliest and most knowledgeable one I've found.

texansfan90

texansfan90

Awards
Hey All,

I'm new here. Joining as a recommendation from a friend who says he benefits a lot from the support and knowledge he finds here.

I'm 25, 5' 8", and as you can probably tell by my username, a big Texans fan. At the beginning of May this year, I was at 295 llbs. My wife and I had just found out we were expecting our first child (it's a girl!), and I made a decision I had to stop the crap I was doing to my body so that it can work better and last longer. I joined a local gym and got to it. A couple of weeks later a friend from work joined me at the gym and decided to join so we can workout together, which was great timing. I've lost weight before and put it back on, but I've never had an accountability partner and workout partner to push me harder to make sure I stay on track.

It's the beginning of August now, and I'm at 265. 30 lbs lost so far, with a good ways to go. I've already seen big improvements in what I can lift and my endurance with cardio. Hoping to gain some knowledge and insight from other users on here, and also have an outlet for even more people to keep me accountable and hopefully motivate others by my progress as I continue on this journey to a healthy life.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome Tex!

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey All,

I'm new here. Joining as a recommendation from a friend who says he benefits a lot from the support and knowledge he finds here.

I'm 25, 5' 8", and as you can probably tell by my username, a big Texans fan. At the beginning of May this year, I was at 295 llbs. My wife and I had just found out we were expecting our first child (it's a girl!), and I made a decision I had to stop the crap I was doing to my body so that it can work better and last longer. I joined a local gym and got to it. A couple of weeks later a friend from work joined me at the gym and decided to join so we can workout together, which was great timing. I've lost weight before and put it back on, but I've never had an accountability partner and workout partner to push me harder to make sure I stay on track.

It's the beginning of August now, and I'm at 265. 30 lbs lost so far, with a good ways to go. I've already seen big improvements in what I can lift and my endurance with cardio. Hoping to gain some knowledge and insight from other users on here, and also have an outlet for even more people to keep me accountable and hopefully motivate others by my progress as I continue on this journey to a healthy life.
Welcome and congrats on the coming family addition. You will find plenty of support and motivation on this board.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
New here but on many forums
Hey All,

Welcome gentlemen!

NJBOWHUNTER

NJBOWHUNTER

Awards
New here. Looks like a good group. Nice to meet you all. SEMPER FI

NJBOWHUNTER

NJBOWHUNTER

Awards
Thanks Driven, glad to find this place. Looks good !!

aprindle

Awards
Hello all, glad to join the site.

About me:
I'm a 35 yr old male in my last year of medical school.

I consider fitness a high priority and work out as often as my school schedule lets me. To be specific, I started crossfit 3 yrs ago and go 5-6x/ week (I imagine crossfit is probably is looked at negatively by many here, and it definitely has it's flaws, but as a medical student it's the most efficient 1 hour workout I've found where everything is planned/thought out for me and all I have to do is show up. It is cultish though, and the negative stereotypes are spot-on for the most part.

My weight and body comp has fluctuated significantly through my life. I'm 5'7" with what I'd call a stocky build and I've weighed as much as 225 (in college, i was just fat from no exercise and all pizza/beer) to 147 and lean 5 years later. Currently 190, not sure on bf% but I'd guess mid-high teens.

I started testosterone replacement therapy 2 months ago and have LOVED the effects. Low/no libido is what brought me in to get checked but the strength and physical changes may be as awesome as the returned libido.

The TRT is what kind of started my new-found quest to learn about anabolism, PEDs and performance physiology/biochem. You'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) just how little about we as medical students/doctors are taught about this stuff. Anyway, once I found out that I'd be taking testosterone for the rest of my life I decided to start better informing myself. What started as making sure I completely understood all the effects I was taking has transformed into a 2 month crash-course in performance pharmacology. I love to learn and this subject is as fascinating as they get.

I'm looking for informed, unbiased, no BS discussion on these topics and I hope I've found it in this site.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome aprindle!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Welcome to the family! You should have no issues finding the info you need here!

Ravi_C

Awards
Hey all,

Love reading logs and reviews on supplements and thought, since I've reached the max number of posts allowed to read before registering why not become a member of the forum and do it right!

Ravi_C

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Welcome brothers