Votum takes on MrKleen's Warrior Routeen!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
CHIN UPS:
W: BWx8 --- Set 1: +25x8 --- Set 2: +25x6 - Drop 1: +20x7 - Drop 2: +10x4

DECLINE BENCH PRESS:
W: barx10 --- Set 1: 135x8 --- Set 2: 135x8 - Drop 1: 115x10 - Drop 2: 95x10

WIDE GRIP UPRIGHT ROW:
W: 35x10 --- Set 1: 55x8 --- Set 2: 65x6 - Drop 1: 55x7 - Drop 2: 45x13

T-CUPS:
W: 10x5 --- Set 1: 15x8 --- Set 2: 15x6 - Drop 1: 10x4 - Drop 2: 5x5 (lol)

SQUAT:
W: 135x5 --- Set 1: 185x8 --- Set 2: 185x6 - Drop 1: 135x10 - Drop 2: 115x8

STIFF LEGGED DEADLIFT:
W: 90x6 --- Set 1: 155x6 --- Set 2: 155x8 - Drop 1: 135x8 - Drop 2: 90x9

DOMS was still rough from lunges day 1 and running day 2. Anticipating next week for running DOMS to be over with for good, I need to start running no matter what lol.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Just got a XL bottle of M1D for 40 bucks, and they threw in a free bottle of Ghenerate. Damn good deal.

I decided I will not stand on a scale until December. Lets just see what happens :)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
CHIN UPS:
W: BWx8 --- Set 1: +25x8 --- Set 2: +25x6 - Drop 1: +20x7 - Drop 2: +10x4
:head: YEAH!!!!!!!!!! :head:

It's awesome seeing others performing weighted chin ups and pullups.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
My cals will not change :) I am confident that 4k cal a day is plenty to gain weight when conditions (temp) improves. Honestly it may be a little high. BF seems to be about 12% now. Need to buy a caliper for sure though. Yeah I think if I hit 200 I will be a little beefcake, 190 seems reasonable though.

That's good man, i have a very hard time getting 4k calories in afghan.

btw, **** it. You're on a bulk! I know you will be going home in december, but you're gonna be a beast anyways.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
:D I have to, after doing GVT with both chins and pulls, non-weighted are just too easy.
Wait til you're closer to my size LOL... If I do em fresh I can hit weighted, otherwise if i throw in some later in my workout BW is all I need lol

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Wait til you're closer to my size LOL... If I do em fresh I can hit weighted, otherwise if i throw in some later in my workout BW is all I need lol
:D I think it will be at least 10 years until I hit 260 :D I wonder how 260 would look at 5'10" LMFAO

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
:D I think it will be at least 10 years until I hit 260 :D I wonder how 260 would look at 5'10" LMFAO
Hmmm I dunno man you would look juiced! Although 5'10 is not too far from 6'.

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
You will look like a BEAST!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
20 lbs before Christmas is way more than you should be shooting for unless fat gain is not a concern. 10 lbs remaining at same BF sounds like a hell of a deal and would be very impressive...

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Just got a XL bottle of M1D for 40 bucks, and they threw in a free bottle of Ghenerate. Damn good deal.

I decided I will not stand on a scale until December. Lets just see what happens :)
That's a heckuva deal brosinski!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
20 lbs before Christmas is way more than you should be shooting for unless fat gain is not a concern. 10 lbs remaining at same BF sounds like a hell of a deal and would be very impressive...
Yeah :( BF is no matter, it will be winter anyway, but I am set on not stepping on a scale until then. Who knows, maybe I will be 160...although I hope not, lmao. Just going to eat sleep and work out.

Oh, news, I may get sent home early...unit I am extending with is overmanned apparently. Fricking army. Heres to hoping they let me stay :(

That's a heckuva deal brosinski!

I know right!?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You will get it as long as you stick with it long enough, and want it bad enough, patience, and keep learning. Nutrition is the key, of course every area is key, training like an animal at times,(in the beginning you need a good training partner thats more experienced thatll push you, and if not push yourself like no other until you get "large") and of course sleep.Supplements come into play after all of these. are you still taking HGhpro ?

I love that stuff for sleep, it has to be 30-45 mins after a no carb meal, or carbs blunt the growth hormone release.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
You will get it as long as you stick with it long enough, and want it bad enough, patience, and keep learning. Nutrition is the key, of course every area is key, training like an animal at times,(in the beginning you need a good training partner thats more experienced thatll push you, and if not push yourself like no other until you get "large") and of course sleep.Supplements come into play after all of these. are you still taking HGhpro ?

I love that stuff for sleep, it has to be 30-45 mins after a no carb meal, or carbs blunt the growth hormone release.
I am :) I'm just using it as a sleep aide though, or if I am super sore.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
While staying of the scale take pics every two weeks to make sure you are still looking acceptable to yourself. No reason to let yourself become a "Husky" guy for the sake of weight gain. Chicks still dig abs in the winter I know this for a fact. ;)

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
PUSH PRESS:
W: 45x10 --- Set 1: 90x8 --- Set 2: 110x6 - Drop 1: 90x7.5 - Drop 2: 64x8

DB PULLOVER:
W: 40x5 --- Set 1: 70x8 --- Set 2: 70x8 - Drop 1: 55x10 - Drop 2: 40x20

SMITH INCLINE BENCH PRESS:
W: 70x5 --- Set 1: 110x8 --- Set 2: 110x8 - Drop 1: 90x10 - Drop 2: 70x10

CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESS:
W: 45x10 --- Set 1: 95x8 --- Set 2: 95x8 - Drop 1: 75x10 - Drop 2: 55x12

DEADLIFT:
W: 155x5 --- Set 1: 265x6 --- Set 2: 265x5 - Drop 1: 220x6 - Drop 2: 155x10

LEG EXTENSION:
W: 20x10 --- Set 1: 45x8 --- Set 2: 45x8 - Drop 1: 35x10 - Drop 2: 25x10

LOL I thought I was doing 10 on leg extension warm up...and then I thought I was doing 25 for my working sets...was like "damn my legs are a lot weaker than they look" Turns out the "spare weight" rack I was putting someone elses 10lb plates on was attached to the arm of the machine...so I was lifting twice what I thought. 45 aint bad per leg.

Also, PR on the deadlift. LAst time I did deadlifts was during HST, my first real routine. I made 265x5 for one set. Today did 265x6 and then 265x5 1 minute later. That's a significant strength gain I would say, especially since I have not deadlifted in 2 months. :)

Oh btw Kleen...I hate/love you. Love the routine...but seriously doing drops to failure on every exercise o.0 I can BARELY get my protein down after lol. Today I seriously had to just sit and not move for 15 minutes to make sure I wasnt going to chuck. Bravo I say :)

Coolazice

Coolazice

Awards
  • Established
Sorry Votum, I haven't posted any pics here lately. Hope you enjoy!

MARVELOUS.jpg

JessicaAlbapizza.jpg

LanaLopez.jpg

PinkPanties.jpg

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Newbs can put on 20 -25 lbs in a hurry without gaining much fat if they have the right instruction and do what they're told. They seldom do, so it doesn't happen very often. You may be past your newb type gains so gains will come slower. Just go with it and stay leanish...

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
^ I wouldnt mind some of this instruction :D I am thinking the cardio component will keep the fat down, and the low rep and heavy weight that I will do next week (this one is getting back in the flow) should be good to o.0

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I just bought a 6" suspension lift with rear leaf springs for my bronco, 830 bucks shipped, and they threw in extended brake lines front n back. I am STOKED! Dont know if anyone here is into 4x4, but my bronco is going to be beasty $$

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I take my explorer through mud puddles, does that count? lol

Actually i drive the **** out of my ford, poor thing :(

kmcart

Awards
Late but in, this is going to be great keep killing it. I may have to ask Kleen for a copy myself, this sounds like a great switch up from the 5/3/1ish reps and push/pull/legs split that I'm doing now, keep it up!

EMARTIN

Awards
  • Established
Got me a copy of the work out and am starting the bad boy tonight. Probably going to go lower weights and higher reps due to my garage gym only going to 50 for DBs. Not enough money saved to jump into a set of 60s yet. Or I could incorporate BB rather than DB.

You look like your doing great on the program. Seeing you start this piqued my interest. Here goes nothing!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
I just bought a 6" suspension lift with rear leaf springs for my bronco, 830 bucks shipped, and they threw in extended brake lines front n back. I am STOKED! Dont know if anyone here is into 4x4, but my bronco is going to be beasty $$
NIce Vot! I actually lowered my F150 3front/4rear, 410's in the rear, blah blah blah..

Gettin old though, almost time to get another and keep it stock. I like the Hemi's but those Tundra's look bada$$ as well..

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't buy a dodge if my only other option was walking.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
OMG this is the funniest thing I have seen in my life.

Late but in, this is going to be great keep killing it. I may have to ask Kleen for a copy myself, this sounds like a great switch up from the 5/3/1ish reps and push/pull/legs split that I'm doing now, keep it up!
It is great man, you will love it!

Got me a copy of the work out and am starting the bad boy tonight. Probably going to go lower weights and higher reps due to my garage gym only going to 50 for DBs. Not enough money saved to jump into a set of 60s yet. Or I could incorporate BB rather than DB.

You look like your doing great on the program. Seeing you start this piqued my interest. Here goes nothing!
I am stoked about it. I haven't felt this good (DOMS) for awhile now! Amazing!
NIce Vot! I actually lowered my F150 3front/4rear, 410's in the rear, blah blah blah..

Gettin old though, almost time to get another and keep it stock. I like the Hemi's but those Tundra's look bada$$ as well..
This truck is going to be beast :p 35" BFG M/T KM2s with 15" black plain steel rims, I am rebuilding the exhaust from the headers to the tip, I am in the process of buying a parts rig ($500, super straight/clean body but engine is bad, hell, could just be a starter rofl) to have backups, and my tailgate needs fixed so if his tailgate works i will buy it for that alone, new gate is 600 lol. Already have everything but the exhaust sitting at my house (love the interwebz) looking into a company to fab me up a roll bar also, although I may just make my own...no pipe bender though :(

Wouldn't buy a dodge if my only other option was walking.
I can't stop laughing at this. My only hope is that it's staged. If not, duder need to lay off dat der cell-tech.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, 2.5 mile run today. Still taking it easy ont he runs for this first week :( Should start my long runs next week, and fast twitch

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Update, sorry the drama was thick and heavy at work today. A MSG who is leaving theatre tomorrow tried to shaft an Iraqi COL for 300 bucks. We stomped on his balls. Guy is a ****ing tool.

I have some hardcore DOMS on the back of my Biceps. I haven't taken anatomy yet and have no idea what that muscle is lol. It felt like tris for a bit but it is definitely bis. Feels good though. Round 2 starts tomorrow, going to be much more intense, because I am back into that stubborn and prideful mindset that says, your arms are still attached, why are you stopping you PANSY!!!!! RAWWWRRRR!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
lol love the mindset my friend

Coolazice

Coolazice

Awards
  • Established
Also, I just want to say that if I was in Amurica right now, I would be stalking Jessica Alba, because she is the hottest girl in the world. Good Luck Chuck is great, because she is so hot. Kind of cute too I suppose.
She is really cute, don't know about the stalking part though :ponder: lol

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Round 2 starts tomorrow, going to be much more intense, because I am back into that stubborn and prideful mindset that says, your arms are still attached, why are you stopping you PANSY!!!!! RAWWWRRRR!
Phase 2 ?

Bro! Prepare to be destroyed..Almost tossed my cookies yesterday on Workout 2. The feeling of having to dig so deep to finish the sets and getting it done; theres nothing more gratifying! Good Luck..Cant wait to hear how it went for ya!

EMARTIN

Awards
  • Established
I have never felt like crying while weight training before night one of this work out. ;-) My heavens it has you digging deep to do it right. Looking forward to round two tomorrow. Keep kicking it in the back side Votum!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Phase 2 ?

Bro! Prepare to be destroyed..Almost tossed my cookies yesterday on Workout 2. The feeling of having to dig so deep to finish the sets and getting it done; theres nothing more gratifying! Good Luck..Cant wait to hear how it went for ya!
Oh god no lol :D Round 2 :D

Round 1 = I just got done with 2 weeks of vacation, and need to go easy on intensity

Round 2 = STFU woman, lift some weights!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
7/24

I FEEL AMAZING! MMv3 / M1D is starting to kick in. I am normally about to puke when I down my protein at the end of the workout, today I literally angered the feeling away! I know that sounds weird...but when I started feeling it I just got so pissed off that it went away lol!

I will notate everything that went up from last week!

FLAT DB BENCH:
W: 40x10 (+2) --- Set 1: 65x8 (+5lbs) --- Set 2: 65x8(+5lbs 1 rep) - Drop 1: 50x6(5lbs 1 rep) - Drop 2: 35x10 (5 lbs -5 reps)

BENT OVER DB ROW:
W: 50x10 (5 reps) --- Set 1: 80x8(10lbs) --- Set 2: 80x8(10lbs) - Drop 1: 65x10 (15lbs 5 reps) - Drop 2: 50x10(20 lbs -5 reps)

STANDING ARNOLD PRESS:
W: 25x5 --- Set 1: 40x8(5lbs) --- Set 2: 40x6(5lbs) - Drop 1: 30x5(5lbs) - Drop 2: 20x(5lbs -2 reps)

DB DRAG CURLS:
W: 20x5 --- Set 1: 30x8(5lbs) --- Set 2: 30x(5lbs -.5rep) - Drop 1: 20x4(5lbs -1rep) - Drop 2: 15x3 (3lbs -1 rep)

LEG PRESS:
W: 180x1 (5 reps) --- Set 1: 360x8(90lbs) --- Set 2: 360x8(90lbs) - Drop 1: 270x10(90lbs) - Drop 2: 180x15 (90lbs)

LUNGES:
W: 17x6 --- Set 1: 44x8 (2 reps) --- Set 2: 44x8 (2 reps) - Drop 1: 35x5 (11lbs -1rep) - Drop 2: 17x6
Lunges of course 1 kettle bell of said weight in each hand. Really busted my ass on them, set up both of my drop sets at the end of my little track so litterally had enough rest to drop weight and pick up new ones. Almost collapsed :bigok:

Did some nice stretching, waiting for a hot chick to get off the damn treadmill and come stretch, but she ran for like 80,000 minutes, so I left.

This is the Votum you are used too eh, weights are not super impressive, but a solid improvement from last week, Also, in person I am not that huge of a guy (in my own eyes) so when I look at myself in the mirror pounding reps with 65lb dbs it gives me a chub. buahaha

Attachments

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I FEEL AMAZING! MMv3 / M1D is starting to kick in. I am normally about to puke when I down my protein at the end of the workout, today I literally angered the feeling away! I know that sounds weird...but when I started feeling it I just got so pissed off that it went away lol!
I love it!! The aggression from the MMV3 should be off the hook!! I've never got a chance to run the version 3, but the version 2 stuff was very decent. VERY!!:veryhappy:

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
I love it!! The aggression from the MMV3 should be off the hook!! I've never got a chance to run the version 3, but the version 2 stuff was very decent. VERY!!:veryhappy:
THIS!!!!! Love the stuff!!!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
THIS!!!!! Love the stuff!!!
And of course it helps having beasts like you two to keep me in constant awe of what the human body is capable of with the right attitude!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man that pic of the girl in the purple bikini has me fuggin going nuts!! 9 weeks no Testopro and libido is still out of control!!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Man that pic of the girl in the purple bikini has me fuggin going nuts!! 9 weeks no Testopro and libido is still out of control!!
Me too DW. I keep scrolling down to read, then back up for candy, haha!

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
7/25

Excellent news. Fate smiles upon this viking warrior :)

Left work 45 minutes early and took the car with me. I met some people in the chow hall who had taken the bus from a different base to try our chowhall. They turned outto be the unit I got attached to and had been unable to contact. It is likely that I will be cross trained into a new job (and get a cert for it) and get sent off to another base to do some REAL work finally. I am very excited about this.

Today: Ran 4-4.5 miles. I guarantee I ran 4, butI think it was closer to 4.25 or 4.5, but I have no way of tracking it. Google maps doesnt work and our cars are in km with no tenths lol. Then stretched a small bit. Feel good!

kmcart

Awards
Glad to hear fate is smiling on you votum, I'm incorporating the five sets into my push pull legs day split with two good working sets then the two strip sets to failure and lets just say my ass is kicked! Last night was a pull night and man my back is fried but I love how hard it works me and how you really have to dig deep for the workouts however the thought of the incoming legs day already makes me feel like I can't walk lol. Keep killing the weights man