Awesome progress so far, Volcom! Always fun to keep you company. :thumbsup:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the neuphoria has been interesting, but i've never tried it either.

family by far is more important that anything else. very few of us (i mean on earth) are slated to become presidents, movie stars, rock stars, etc. So i believe our best paths to "immortality" are thru our families and family memories. you are helping shape your brother's future, which will likely shape his childrens' futures, and so on.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya about the lil bro thing. Went through, actually going through, the same thing as you.

I've mentioned that I have an OCD with stacking products. Now that I'm a new and enthusiastic Controlled Labs fan, I went poking around through their stock of products. The Purple Wrath is a given interest, but my interest would be in the efficacy of their particular mix, because I already have a kilo of Leucine and BCCA's.

What really caught my eye, was number one, The New Neuphoria, and number two, "White Blood." I have this thing about "maxing out" a product. When I tried Anabolic Pump, I had to get Pslin in order to max out the insulin effect. When I tried 3-AD, I had to get Mass FX, Retain 2, Hyperdol X2 and X-factor, to max out the bulk experience. When I was on Adrenaline, I added Yohimbine and Ephedrine HCL...etc., you see the pattern?

Now that I'm enjoying the White Flood matrix, I have an itch to add the White Blood which contains an enhanced Arginine/Ornithine matrix. You see how this is an expensive habit?

The Neuphoria sounds interesting just because. I love me some endorphines and Neuphoria seems to work off of the naturally released endorphines associated with exercise. That's my kind of high. Anyway. I'm still running the White Flood solo, but I'm itching for some Neuphoria and White Blood.
LOL. Glad to have you on board :)

I take White BLOOD before bed, it helps me to sleep deeper and is good for increasing GH.

Yellow nEurphoria is just cool. It's a very unique supplement. Yes, you feel relaxed and euphoric occasionally when dosing it, but honestly the thing I've found most from that product was it improved my mood throughout the day, and also helped me to train more frequently and harder. A matrix that is pro oxygen, anti cortisol, stress reducing, endorphin releasing ... is just what people like us who train really hard need. :)

Keep up the great work !!!:clap2:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My little brother didn't do my exact routine, he kept it sane and I tried to push it.

Some people like to pre-exhaust (isolation to compound), I feel that actually hinders more then benefits for me. I can force out reps on an isolated movement with much more efficiency then trying to force out reps on a compound movement, therefore, I like to do a post-exhaust (compound to isolation).

DELTS

Smith, Military Press, super-set, Db Front Raises
135lbs x 15 reps, super-set, 40lbs Db's x 15 reps
155lbs x 12 reps, super-set, 45lbs Db's x 10 reps
185lbs x 10 reps, super-set, 45lbs Db's x 10 reps
205lbs x 8 reps, super-set, 45lbs Db's x 8 reps

Smith, Behind the Neck Military Press, super-set, Db Side Laterals
115lbs x 15 reps, super-set, 35lbs Db's x 15 reps
135lbs x 12 reps, super-set, 40lbs Db's x 12 reps
155lbs x 10 reps, super-set, 45lbs Db's x 10 reps

Barbell Front Raises, super-set, Db Upright Rows
65lbs x 12 reps, super-set, 50lbs Db's x 12 reps
75lbs x 10 reps, super-set, 55lbs Db's x 10 reps
85lbs x 10 reps, super-set, 60lbs Db's x 8 reps
95lbs X 8 reps, super-set, 60lbs Db's x 8 reps

Bent Over, Neutral Grip Reverse Flies, drop sets
40lbs Db's x 15 reps, 35lbs DB's x 10 reps, 30 lbs Db's x 10 reps
40lbs Db's x 12 reps, 35lbs DB's x 8 reps, 30 lbs Db's x 10 reps
40lbs Db's x 8 reps, 35lbs DB's x 8 reps, 30 lbs Db's x 10 reps

Amazing as usual. The most notable benefit I've felt from the White Flood is the unnaturally increased recovery time from set to set and exercise to exercise. I'm sure the Beta-Alanine is helping me break those sticking points. My lactate threshold might have increased slightly by now. I still feel burning, but without the numbing paralysis that prevents the ability to complete further reps. Great, great stuff. I may put my workout buddy, Zack (the fighter) on the White Flood. I introduced him to RPM and made him a believer, but I like sharing supps with other people I'm currently on and be able to watch and asses their performance and the effects of the supps on them first hand, or simply converse about their experience and their input on it.

Maybe Saturday.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sick workout man!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like that slogan you've got in your signature. "Winning the war against genetics" thats good stuff.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was just gonna comment on that quote! :dance:

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
these are some intense workouts.

btw. you went to csuf right, for kinesiology?

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
hows the work force treating you so far?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Epic, Baptism By Fire

Today was Chest and Back, and I brought my little brother along with me to workout with my regular workout partner, Zack. Therefore, this time, my little brother felt the full blunt of an ALL-OUT session. He hung in there and heart is all I ever ask for.

Flat Db Press, super-set, One Arm Db Rows
100lbs Db's x 15 reps, super-set, 100lbs Db's x 15 reps (each arm)
110lbs Db's x 12 reps, super-set, 110lbs Db's x 12 reps (e.a.)
115lbs Db's x 8 reps, super-set, 115lbs Db's x 10 reps (e.a.)

Incline Db Press, super-set, Incline Double Db Rows
85lbs Db's x 12 reps, super-set, 85lbs Db's x 12 reps
90lbs Db's x 10 reps, super-set, 90lbs Db's x 10 reps
95lbs Db's x 8 reps, super-set, 95lbs Db's x 10 reps

Smith, Incline Press, super-set, Machine T-Rows
185lbs x 20 reps, super-set, 135lbs x 15 reps
225lbs x 12 reps, super-set, 185lbs x 15 reps
240lbs x 10 reps, super-set, 225lbs x 12 reps

Body Weight Pull Ups, super-set, Body Weight Dips
8 reps, super-set, 15 reps
8 reps, super-set, 12 reps
6 reps, super-set 10 reps

Machine Pull Overs, super-set, Body Weight Push Ups
150lbs x 12 reps, super-set, 20 reps
150lbs x 10 reps, super-set, 20 reps
150lbs x 8 reps, super-set, 20 reps

Needless to say, we were all physically dead. I have to say that the White Flood has yet to disappoint.

Pre-Gym intensity: No restlessness, but a sense of sheer confidence in performing something above & beyond today.

Intra-set and inter-set, were terrific. I was drenched and super-setting "main stage" compound movements with large muscle groups is out of this world exhausting, but I never felt over-whelmed.

Post workout. Although I am physically dead and dying, mentally, I'm alert and well. Great stuff today. I finally got my epic workout in.

Last edited:
RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Today was Chest and Back, and I brought my little brother along with me to workout with my regular workout partner, Zack. Therefore, this time, my little brother felt the full blunt of an ALL-OUT session. He hung in there and heart is all I ever ask for.

185lbs x 20 reps, 135lbs x 15 reps
225lbs x 12 reps, 185lbs x 15 reps
240lbs x 10 reps, 225lbs x 12 reps

Needless to say, we were all physically dead. I have to say that the White Flood has yet to disappoint.

Pre-Gym intensity: No restlessness, but a sense of sheer confidence in performing something above & beyond today.

Intra-set and inter-set, were terrific. I was drenched and super-setting "main stage" compound movements with large muscle groups is out of this world exhausting, but I never felt over-whelmed.

Post workout. Although I am physically dead and dying, mentally, I'm alert and well. Great stuff today. I finally got my epic workout in.
That's a crazy workout my friend!!! :head:

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established

185lbs x 20 reps, 135lbs x 15 reps
225lbs x 12 reps, 185lbs x 15 reps
240lbs x 10 reps, 225lbs x 12 reps

No restlessness + sheer confidence in the gym = a very common side effect of supplementing with White Flood ! Never feeling over-whelmed, and instead ready for every damn rep and set is not much of a downside either ! :head:

And it's damn good to see ya back in action, homie !! :duel:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No restlessness + sheer confidence in the gym = a very common side effect of supplementing with White Flood ! Never feeling over-whelmed, and instead ready for every damn rep and set is not much of a downside either ! :head:

And it's damn good to see ya back in action, homie !! :duel:
Great to be back. There's nothing like walking out of the gym feeling proud of what you just accomplished.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last edited:
VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry about the dry spell guys. I'm still working out, but my workouts have been late at night where I can't use the White Flood (otherwise I won't be able to sleep). Therefore, considering this is a "White Flood" log, I didn't want to log non-White Flood fueled workouts.

However, tonight I intend to be back on the sauce and I'm going to try something new. Norwegian's total body workouts seem interesting, so I think I'll go for a Back, Chest, Shoulders, Bi's, Tri's workout, but without the 20+ rep scheme. Heavy loads, 8-15 reps scheme. This should be fun. I'm looking for something to reinvigorate my workouts.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This might be a two part log. I'm waiting on someone and I'll to take off once he gets here. I have a very informational prologue.

Today I did not perform a total body, but rather a total upper extremity. Also, I did not take my bud and friendly rival, Norwegian's high volume approach, but rather I took a high intensity approach, literally, I performed my workout in the signature Mike Mentzer's High Intensity Training method. For those who are unaware of who Mike Mentzer was, he was a controversial and highly intellectual pro bodybuilder from the golden years, who was propagating high intensity (and blasted down for it), while the rest of the bodybuilding world was neck deep in solely high volume (this was the time of Arnold The Mighty Oak).

Mike Mentzer's HIT is basically a blend of DC and T.U.T. Dorian Yates worked out in HIT fashion, but I don't know if Dorian came across it via self inspiration, or if he drew it from Mike Mentzer (Mentzer was before Yates era), because Mike wrote a couple books and was "in"-famous for his voluminous lectures in HIT.

Basically, HIT is a single "working" set, at a weight that can't be pushed (or pulled) for more then 5 or 6 reps, so very, very heavy and the set ends with a 10 to 60 second negative. 10 seconds for beginners and as you build up your eccentric strength, you can extend that negative. If you're familiar with DC or T.U.T then you don't need me to point out the familiarities. 4 exercises per muscle group is all that's necessary. Mike Mentzer was big on workouts that lasted as short as 25 min using HIT. Anyway, Upper Extremity, HIT style, and my friend is here, I'll be back with the specs.

Edit: Now I'm back.

Here it goes...

Lat Pull Downs
280lbs x 8 reps, approx 30 sec negative

Machine, Bilateral Rows
290lbs x 8 reps, approx 30 sec negative

Hammer, Incline Press
360lbs x 8 reps, approx 30 sec neg

Hammer, Wide Press
360lbs x 5 reps, approx 30 sec neg

Hammer, Dip Machine
270lbs x 5 reps, approx 30 sec neg

Hammer, Shoulder Press
270lbs x 5 reps, approx 15 sec neg

Machine, Behind the Neck Shoulder press
245lbs x 5 reps, approx 15 sec neg

Vertical Preacher, One Arm Db Curls
50lbs Db's x 5 reps, approx 30 sec neg

Hammer, Preacher Curl
90lbs x 8 reps, approx 30 sec neg

It felt good to switch it up from high volume to high intensity. I did have a warm up set prior to all my working sets, sometimes 1 to 3 warm ups, but I didn't see a need to log that.

It may not have been enough volume to "Carb Deplete" as Norwegian uses it for, but it wasn't my goal (no complaints if it was though).

Last edited:
RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I've always enjoyed MM's books and HIT style of lifting. Few people can grasp what it takes to put out that kind of intensity... they just aren't used to it. White FLOOD definitely helps in that arena tho!

Will be interested to hear any reports of DOMs after this one!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very interested. Im gonna grab a bag of rice cakes (no popcorn for me) and watch as this gets more interesting.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always enjoyed MM's books and HIT style of lifting. Few people can grasp what it takes to put out that kind of intensity... they just aren't used to it. White FLOOD definitely helps in that arena tho!

Will be interested to hear any reports of DOMs after this one!
I used to do HIT with my own little tweaks. The driving premise behind Mentzer's HIT was "true" muscle failure. Traditional bodybuilding, meaning high volume, exhausts the muscle groups concentric strength. What you'll notice is that even after you fatigue concentrically, you can still hold the weight steady (without joint lock) and on top of that, you can slowly control its decent. Here we step into Isometric strength and eccentric strength. Side Note: Eccentric strength generates greater force then concentric strength, the hierarchy of muscle force is eccentric, isometric and then concentric. Quick analogy, if you are unable to curl a 60lbs Db, you would still be able to hold it steady at the top of the contraction for a time and you could definitely resist the decent of that 60lbs Db (that you couldn't curl at all) at less then free fall speed, mostly likely quite slowly. That's just a quick self test to prove the hierarchy of strength to yourself.

Back to Mike Mentzer's HIT and my own tweak. Although MM talks about these concepts, his HIT style primarily targets the concentric and eccentric. My own tweak of what i used to do and what I did last night, wasn't exactly a 30 sec negative as I noted. I would push or pull the high load weight, until I concentrically exhausted my muscle, meaning I could not longer complete one more rep (you have to determine this the rep before the last of course) and at the end of that final rep, I would hold it statically, squeeze the weight at full contraction as long as I can, until my isometric strength was exhausted and at that heavy weight, the weight will naturally begin to forcefully go into a negative. At that point I resist with all I can until I was eccentrically exhausted. Therefore, exhausting my muscles concentrically, isometrically and eccentrically, which I thought was a more accurate description of Mentzer's "true muscle failure" premise. It's brutal.

With all that said, I prefer the traditional high volume style in general. High volume is also more effective at building muscle, however, I still believe "optimal" hypertrophy in the long run comes through variation, so I find it beneficial to go back and forth from upping the strength base to upping the volume. The sole purpose strength serves for a bodybuilder is so that you can lift that greater weight at the higher volume, for maximal hypertrophy.

Last edited:
VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
P.S. The White Flood helped with the engine. White Flood has that amazing recovery and conditioning boosting effect that it really makes HIT much easier. I'm still sweating like crazy, and I can feel taxed, but never overwhelmed and gassed.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This would make some good youtube footage

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good ol' HIT-training ! Way to change up the scheme of things, bro ! How many warm-up sets do you utilize prior to each all-out set for the different exercises ?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I used to do HIT with my own little tweaks. The driving premise behind Mentzer's HIT was "true" muscle failure. Traditional bodybuilding, meaning high volume, exhausts the muscle groups concentric strength. What you'll notice is that even after you fatigue concentrically, you can still hold the weight steady (without joint lock) and on top of that, you can slowly control its decent. Here we step into Isometric strength and eccentric strength. Side Note: Eccentric strength generates greater force then concentric strength, the hierarchy of muscle force is eccentric, isometric and then concentric. Quick analogy, if you are unable to curl a 60lbs Db, you would still be able to hold it steady at the top of the contraction for a time and you could definitely resist the decent of that 60lbs Db (that you couldn't curl at all) at less then free fall speed, mostly likely quite slowly. That's just a quick self test to prove the hierarchy of strength to yourself.

Back to Mike Mentzer's HIT and my own tweak. Although MM talks about these concepts, his HIT style primarily targets the concentric and eccentric. My own tweak of what i used to do and what I did last night, wasn't exactly a 30 sec negative as I noted. I would push or pull the high load weight, until I concentrically exhausted my muscle, meaning I could not longer complete one more rep (you have to determine this the rep before the last of course) and at the end of that final rep, I would hold it statically, squeeze the weight at full contraction as long as I can, until my isometric strength was exhausted and at that heavy weight, the weight will naturally begin to forcefully go into a negative. At that point I resist with all I can until I was eccentrically exhausted. Therefore, exhausting my muscles concentrically, isometrically and eccentrically, which I thought was a more accurate description of Mentzer's "true muscle failure" premise. It's brutal.

With all that said, I prefer the traditional high volume style in general. High volume is also more effective at building muscle, however, I still believe "optimal" hypertrophy in the long run comes through variation, so I find it beneficial to go back and forth from upping the strength base to upping the volume. The sole purpose strength serves for a bodybuilder, is so that you can lift that greater at the higher volume for maximal hypertrophy.

Great post brother! Filled with lots of knowledge...!!! :head:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good ol' HIT-training ! Way to change up the scheme of things, bro ! How many warm-up sets do you utilize prior to each all-out set for the different exercises ?
I only warm up extensively prior to my first couple exercises. HIT warms up the body rather quickly and after that, my warm ups are more so just to get my muscles familiar with the new angles and ROM.

Last night I did a quazi-workout. I wasn't planning on it, but situation had it that I had an hour of do nothing time; waiting for someone to arrive.

TRAPS, [Pyramiding] HIT, here & there. (I'm all over the place)

Db Shrugs
110lbs Db's x 20 reps, static hold/neg resistance, approx 45 secs
115lbs Db's x 17 reps, static hold/neg resistance, approx 45 secs
120lbs Db'x x 14 reps, static hold/neg resistance, approx 45 secs
125lbs Db's x 12 reps, static hold/neg resistance, approx 45 secs

Seated Shrugs
320lbs x 15 reps, static hold/neg resistance, approx 20 secs
340lbs x 12 reps, static hold/neg resistance, approx 15 secs
360lbs x 10 reps, static hold/neg resistance, approx 15 secs

Smith, One Arm, Barbell Shrugs
225lbs x 15 reps, static hold/neg resistance, approx 20 secs

Barbell Shrugs
225lbs x 12 reps, static hold/neg resistance, approx 10 secs

The last set felt like a ton of bricks. 225lbs on the barbell shrugs is generally a warm up, but my traps weren't moving. On top of that, that frontward pull doesn't sit well with my lower back still. Apparently, my (previously, seriously injured) lower back can handle pressure from the sides, but not from the front or back. I attempted rear Smith shrugs and just the 45's felt strenuous in a bad way.

All this took about 45 mins.

P.S. I felt a BAD strain in my upper, left side of my back. I know what did it. I didn't warm up well enough. I didn't warm up AT ALL for my Db shrugs or seated shrugs. I think because my mentality was that this was a booty call workout (come & go), so I didn't take it seriously enough to realize I still need to treat heavy weight with some respect.

P.S.S. I wouldn't normally pyramid with HIT style, but the Db's at this gym only go up to 125lbs and that's not enough to make this a SINGLE SET workout. I suppose I could have kept it more integral to my chosen method on the seated shrugs, but I didn't, and my lower back isn't trust worthy enough to load 455lbs on the barbell, which is about what it needs to be at for it to be an effective SINGLE SET bout. Furthermore, Smith, One Arm Barbell Shrugs are not to be trusted even with a healthy back, using astronomically, high weight. This was a very odd workout.

P.S.S.S. Just a tid bit more information about HIT. Another principle behind HIT's single set bout, is that the single set, concentric/eccentric fatigue, is suppose to cause "true" muscle failure, therefore, theoretically, you should not be able to repeat that same set, at the same intensity, therefore; therefore, your body does not exceed a certain threshold that causes the body to respond to Dr. Selye's, GAS (General Adaption Syndrome, which is what HIT was originally based off of. It's a principle of Psychology and Dr. Selye fathered this GAS concept. Mike Mentzer loved reading and education). Mentzer's theory, was that only when a particular stress threshold was exceeded, does the body react in multitudes to the stress (as a protection mechanism). Mentzer heavily addressed the neuromuscular mechanism that occurred when your body exceeded this GAS threshold (via HIT). He weighed too much on the endocrinology aspect and neuromechanism(s) in terms of bodybuilding and more specifically, muscle building. There is a truth in his theory in regards to strength. However, his theory lacked an integral role in optimal hypertrophy (not strength) and that's good old volume. Back in the day and even in our current time, people directly correlate strength with muscle, and though there are correlations, its not a paralleled correlation, so I can see how he thought his theory was so successful. HIT is superior for strength, as oppose to high volume. However, Mentzer was theorizing these things long before we had extensive muscle physiology science(s) [in America], so kudos for thinking outside the box. So the question is, how effective is HIT for muscle building? It can be more effective then its original intention by adding one small tweak. Add volume. Perform lots of exercises in HIT fashion and achieve your volume requirements that way. Multiple sets wouldn't be my suggestion, because if you truly go all out and reach concentric/(isometric)/eccentric failure, hitting that same exercise causes a severe drop in intensity, so I switch up to 4 to 6 different exercises. One of the original intents of HIT was the benefit of entering each exercise with a fresh state of mind about this particular exercises, which was suppose to aid the high intensity marker. It makes for a painful workout, but its a good way to reinvigorate your workout if you're suffering from monotony of routine.

Last edited:
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dense log, Volcom! Amazing! :D

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right on man, AM has that effect on occasion.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right on man, AM has that effect on occasion.
Volcom has that effect on occasion....scratch that...Everyday!!.

You deserve the credit Pacsun! :D

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VolcomX311 again.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volcom has that effect on occasion....scratch that...Everyday!!.

You deserve the credit Pacsun! :D

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VolcomX311 again.
I appreciate the kind words bro.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn, Volcom, that post had me hypnotized with focus ! The added background study on the HIT training style has inspired me to take a deeper look in to it. One beastly trap work-out right there, my friend ! I've found myself getting carried away with trap work lately as well, because I'm' finally seeing their positive physical changes - both in appearance/size and in terms of strength.

But just to get this straight, you did a couple of all out sets on the same exercise . . so you're saying each set lasted 45 seconds ? Did you have a certain time-frame to reach on each portion of the lift ? (sorry if I missed that part). When I did HIT training, I'd do two all-out sets, utilizing 3-5 second negatives, 1-3 second rest on bottom, explosive upward portion and a 3-5 second peak contraction . . but I'd only get about 6-10 reps each set. So does your time-frame on each portion vary from set to set ? (damn, I think I confused myself with that question . . )

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, Volcom, that post had me hypnotized with focus ! The added background study on the HIT training style has inspired me to take a deeper look in to it. One beastly trap work-out right there, my friend ! I've found myself getting carried away with trap work lately as well, because I'm' finally seeing their positive physical changes - both in appearance/size and in terms of strength.

But just to get this straight, you did a couple of all out sets on the same exercise . . so you're saying each set lasted 45 seconds ? Did you have a certain time-frame to reach on each portion of the lift ? (sorry if I missed that part). When I did HIT training, I'd do two all-out sets, utilizing 3-5 second negatives, 1-3 second rest on bottom, explosive upward portion and a 3-5 second peak contraction . . but I'd only get about 6-10 reps each set. So does your time-frame on each portion vary from set to set ? (damn, I think I confused myself with that question . . )

It looks like what you did was concentric contraction, slow negative to the bottom, complete stop, then concentric contraction. That is one form of HIT, which associates closer to the T.U.T., time under tension method/principle. Also very effective, Rodja, here at AM loves to preach TUT.

The way I perform HIT, is a regular pace repetition up to 5 to 6 reps, where I wear out my concentric strength to the point of concentric fatigue (an inability to perform any more reps), at this point (for example, the lat pull), I'd hold the bar at the bottom, squeezing as hard as I can to maintain it statically, until I reach isometric fatigue. Once my muscle is unable to maintain a steady contraction, the "HEAVY" weight of the lat pull will naturally begin to go into a negative, where, rather then "letting" the weight down slowly, I'm resisting a forceful decent as a result of muscle fatigue. At the end of this set, I've exhausted my concentric, isometric and eccentric muscle strengths, therefore, theoretically achieving "true muscle failure." This method of HIT has to be performed with heavy, heavy weight.

This is only one of the methods Mike Mentzer perpetuated. HIT is less of a method or style and more of a principle. The principle being, true muscle failure, which basically can be defined as, concentric AND eccentric fatigue and not just concentric fatigue, which high volume primarily targets.

The TUT method you were performing, actually has greater implications on hypertrophy then my method, which has a greater implication on strength. Neither is exclusive, but rather emphasized.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Death by Pectorals

Today was psychotic incline chest day, and yes it was epic, just the way I prefer it.

INCLINE CHEST

Incline Db Press, super-set, Incline Db Flies
90lbs Db's x 12 reps, super-set, 35lbs Db's x 12 reps
95lbs Db's x 10 reps, super-set, 40lbs Db's x 10 reps
100lbs Db's x 10 reps super-set, 45lbs Db's x 10 reps

Smith, Incline Press, Drop Sets
225lbs x 12 reps, drop-set, 135lbs x 12 reps
245lbs x 8 reps, drop-set, 135lbs x 10 reps
245lbs x 7 reps, drop-set, 135lbs x 10 reps

Hammer, Incline Press, HIT
270lbs x 6 reps, 10 sec static hold, 5 sec negative
260lbs x 4 reps, 10 sec static hold, 5 sec negative

Incline Cable Fly, super-set, Decline Cable Fly
80lbs x 15 reps, super-set, 80lbs x 15 reps
90lbs x 12 reps, super-set, 90lbs x 12 reps
100lbs x 12 reps, super-set, 100lbs x 12 reps

Weighted Dips, drop-set, Body Weight Dips
BW + 45lbs x 10 reps, drop-set, BW x 8 reps
BW + 45lbs x 8 reps, drop-set, BW x 6 reps
BW + 45lbs x 7 reps, drop-set, BW x 5 reps

Needless to say I was worn out. Mentally I was still good to go, White Flood has that effect, but physically, I could tell it was time to close down shop. Today was rough, but awesome.

The longer you remain on a supplement, the harder it is to provide critiques, because you become accustomed to their positive effects. My super-boost in conditioning feels like a given, my insane recovery, feels like a given. I suppose at this point, I can point out that White Flood consistently comes through and you can't say that about everything.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great workout dude. You have some serious drive/focus.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
11:23pm, DOMS has already kicked in from this afternoon's chest workout.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Killer chest workout holmes!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It totally sucks about Norwegian man, damn. That really, really sucks.

I hope he doesn't leave permanently.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The BIG N...May his account rest in peace

BigCasino

BigCasino

Awards
  • Established
He got in a heated discussion/argument with an Administrator and was sent down the road. It really sucked.
Yeah I just got done reading the posts, this blows, I might have just been having a bad day, or be stressed about something, I don't know why he just flew off the handle like that <sigh> I hope this is just a "timeout"...

On a brighter note, Volcom your log has inspired me to try some White Flood when my next Nutra Planet order rolls around. Gonna compare it to my current preworkout supp, RPM.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It seems the icy norwegian blood got a wee bit firey. His logs were intense and were a good inspiration.

BigCasino you should like WF, however if you take it more than 4-5x a week you will build a tolerance kinda fast. I don't feel GABA anymore even at 3g+ :( I sort of miss the heart-stopping feeling