Vit. E Lowers Testosterone?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
maybe this is what he saw

Alpha-tocopherol affects androgen metabolism in male rat.
Barella L, Rota C, Stöcklin E, Rimbach G.

DSM Nutritional Products, Research and Development, Human Nutrition and Health, CH-4303 Kaiseraugst, Switzerland. [email protected]

The Alpha-Tocopherol Beta-Carotene Cancer Prevention Study has provided the first evidence implicating vitamin E in hormone synthesis. The effect of vitamin E on stereoidogenesis in testes and adrenal glands was assessed in growing rats using Affymetrix gene-chip technology. Dietary supplementation of rats with vitamin E (60 mg/kg feed) for a period of 429 days caused a significant repression of genes encoding for proteins centrally involved in the uptake (low-density lipoprotein receptor) and de novo synthesis (for example, 7-dehydrocholesterol reductase, 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A synthase, 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase, isopentenyl-diphosphate delta-isomerase, and farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase) of cholesterol, the precursor of all steroid hormones. The present investigation indicates that dietary vitamin E may induce changes in stereoidogenesis by affecting cholesterol homeostasis.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
maybe this is what he saw

Alpha-tocopherol affects androgen metabolism in male rat.
Barella L, Rota C, Stöcklin E, Rimbach G.

DSM Nutritional Products, Research and Development, Human Nutrition and Health, CH-4303 Kaiseraugst, Switzerland. [email protected]

The Alpha-Tocopherol Beta-Carotene Cancer Prevention Study has provided the first evidence implicating vitamin E in hormone synthesis. The effect of vitamin E on stereoidogenesis in testes and adrenal glands was assessed in growing rats using Affymetrix gene-chip technology. Dietary supplementation of rats with vitamin E (60 mg/kg feed) for a period of 429 days caused a significant repression of genes encoding for proteins centrally involved in the uptake (low-density lipoprotein receptor) and de novo synthesis (for example, 7-dehydrocholesterol reductase, 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A synthase, 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase, isopentenyl-diphosphate delta-isomerase, and farnesyl pyrophosphate synthetase) of cholesterol, the precursor of all steroid hormones. The present investigation indicates that dietary vitamin E may induce changes in stereoidogenesis by affecting cholesterol homeostasis.
strange , there's a lot of studies that say the opposite:think:

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
strange , there's a lot of studies that say the opposite:think:

its mainly a protective supplement to the leydig cells, which is what i gather,

the only time INCREASES were observed was when in DEFICENT rats. not NORMAL rats wo take enough Vit E anyway. and the rat studies dont always translate exactly to human studies

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
These are normal human males that had a testosterone boost from vitamin e and increased sensitivity to hCG.

Effect of Vitamin E on Function of Pituitary-Gonadal Axis in Male Rats and Human Subject
Fumio et al
Endocrinology, Japan. 29(3) 287-292 (1982)

-Pp

coolbreeze

Awards
Sorry about that link expiring. Now of course its hard to find, however the tocopherols are different from tocotrienols anyhow right? And it seems the guys at PP have labs to show Toco 8 works as intended right?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i dont know how signifigant it is, its used in older men

they testicular function is declined as it is

Vit E seems to be protective to the leydig cells,

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry about that link expiring. Now of course its hard to find, however the tocopherols are different from tocotrienols anyhow right? And it seems the guys at PP have labs to show Toco 8 works as intended right?
Yes, feedback has shown an overall increase in T levels from Toco-8. This is the first negative correlation I’ve seen with androgens and Vitamin E. Ill get the full text and check it out…

-Pp

EIC

EIC

Awards
Yes, feedback has shown an overall increase in T levels from Toco-8. This is the first negative correlation I’ve seen with androgens and Vitamin E. Ill get the full text and check it out…

-Pp
Query whether they used soybean oil for the vitamin E in that study.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I just have to say that I have gone through about 2/3s a tub of Toco-8 (old version) at 2x/day and same with EndoAMP and I feel like I am one of the best T-boosters. My drive is up, mood is up, sexy dreams are more frequent, libido and function seem to be up as well. All signs my body is producing T more efficiently. I am impressed.

The only other thing I am taking other than that is ALCAR at about 3.5g/day. Though I've used it before, I feel a difference above and beyond what I have had with ALCAR in the past as far as the above factors go.

I still have another tub of each left and look forward to the next month on them. If my budget allows I may get some more and just keep going another 2 or more months since they are working so well for me.

EIC

EIC

Awards
I just have to say that I have gone through about 2/3s a tub of Toco-8 (old version) at 2x/day and same with EndoAMP and I feel like I am one of the best T-boosters. My drive is up, mood is up, sexy dreams are more frequent, libido and function seem to be up as well. All signs my body is producing T more efficiently. I am impressed.

The only other thing I am taking other than that is ALCAR at about 3.5g/day. Though I've used it before, I feel a difference above and beyond what I have had with ALCAR in the past as far as the above factors go.

I still have another tub of each left and look forward to the next month on them. If my budget allows I may get some more and just keep going another 2 or more months since they are working so well for me.
Agree. I ran EndoAmp and Toco-8 exclusively for awhile since the older version of Sustain Alpha gave me some skin issues. They worked great on their own.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Agree. I ran EndoAmp and Toco-8 exclusively for awhile since the older version of Sustain Alpha gave me some skin issues. They worked great on their own.
These are 2 of the best supplements on the vitamin market today, not just for weight lifting males, but for everyone over 35. This is cutting edge technology and intelligent vitamin supplementation at its best.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Just ordered 2 more of Toco and Endo each with the 20% holiday cupon from the PP site. You guys are awsome, PP.