VG Pin Attempt

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for the crappy pic but if you see the blue dot where I got minimal bruising you'll see my second attempt ever at finding this mythological pin site. How close did I get? I have some tenderness as in tightness of mobility but that's all so far. Pin was 200/100 Primo/Test blend yesterday around 11am. Pic was taken just now.

Attaching referenced pics for pin site discovery
IMG_20190401_072828.jpeg
VG-3.JPG
ZI-0NWE-2004-MAR03-IDSI-34-1.jpeg

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, looks pretty good from here. Only way to know for sure now is to wait and see if you can lift your leg tomorrow or not.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not pretending to be an anatomy expert here....but I move my pin site back towards my butt a little more and that's where I like it. Pretty big and forgiving area for the most part though

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not pretending to be an anatomy expert here....but I move my pin site back towards my butt a little more and that's where I like it. Pretty big and forgiving area for the most part though
Same, the one time I tried to hit where he just did, I went even further forward by mistake... and hit the tensor fascia lata. As you have seen me blathering on about for half a week.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Same, the one time I tried to hit where he just did, I went even further forward by mistake... and hit the tensor fascia lata. As you have seen me blathering on about for half a week.
At least your walking now lol. How close was your spot to OP's? Would have to be a good inch forward to hit the tfl wouldn't you?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For me, I just stand up straight. Look down at the hip you want to pin. Lift that leg out laterally just a little bit. You'll see the vg muscle pop out. Swab it with the alcohol pad and you're golden.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
At least your walking now lol. How close was your spot to OP's? Would have to be a good inch forward to hit the tfl wouldn't you?
About an inch forward and downward. I really really ****ed that one up. Hahahaha

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, looks pretty good from here. Only way to know for sure now is to wait and see if you can lift your leg tomorrow or not.
Today was leg day, mostly posterior work.

My right leg is dying lol. What's weird is it's closer to the femoral trochanter than my pin spot. Not to mention this gear gives me the worst PIP ever, I'm supposed to go five more weeks on it but might have to call it quits early. It's gotta be the primo but damn, it's debilitating. I thought perhaps the VG incorporation would help me get through this cruise...not at this rate. I need to be able to function.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

My right leg is dying lol. What's weird is it's closer to the femoral trochanter than my pin spot. Not to mention this gear gives me the worst PIP ever, I'm supposed to go five more weeks on it but might have to call it quits early. It's gotta be the primo but damn, it's debilitating. I thought perhaps the VG incorporation would help me get through this cruise...not at this rate. I need to be able to function.
If you get it far enough back, it really doesn’t hurt until you try to jut your hip out like a hooker.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

From what I hear primo should have some bite to it. Just what OW said above, get the right spot and even bad pip you dont notice much at all bc vg is such a good spot. You could have just missed your sweet spot, which I would assume you would on your first attempt....or you could be having some virgin muscle pip too. Just a shock to the muscle.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For me on VGs it was third times a charm for hitting the sweet spot.

This time around, second try I hit the good spot... and then I got an infection. D’oh!

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For me on VGs it was third times a charm for hitting the sweet spot.

This time around, second try I hit the good spot... and then I got an infection. D’oh!
So based on your experience, ouch

And based on my small blue bruise in my initial pic. Should I go anterior? Posterior? I can move either way about an inch to try again for Wednesday's pin.

Thanks guys!

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So based on your experience, ouch

And based on my small blue bruise in my initial pic. Should I go anterior? Posterior? I can move either way about an inch to try again for Wednesday's pin.

Thanks guys!
Yeah literally just had the two worst injection experiences of my entire life.

I’d go posterior. If you went anterior the chances of hitting the tensor fascia are much much higher. And you REALLY don’t want to do that. Worst. Place. EVER.

the pip itself won’t even be the issue. It’s the muscle that the pip is in. The tensor fascia lata is a hip flexor. It’s very very small and extremely strong, and so so so important to normal walking. Much more so than even the quads, as I found out through comparative pain.