USP Labs... THANK YOU!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Uh-oh.. this dude's adding Prime to the mix???
INTENSITY is gonna have some new meaning!

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/9/2008 Upper Body Power

Good workout this morning, however, I've had much better. I slept great last night but something was off today for some strange reason. I'll write it off as "one of those days" that occasionally comes around. I'll be on track tomorrow to hit up Legs. I think it's time for an intensity check with Bill and this will take place this coming Thursday. Can not wait!

Training

BACK:
1-Barbell Rows: 5 sets
2-DB Rows: 3 sets
3-Braced Incline DB Rows: 3 sets

CHEST:
1-Incline Hammer Strength: 5 sets
2-Cable Flyes: 3 sets

SHOULDERS:
1-Seated DB Press: 5 sets

BI'S/TRI'S (supersets)
1-Cambered Bar Curls: 3 sets
2-V-Grip Pressdowns: 3 sets

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/10/2008 Leg Day (Power)

Completely tore it up this morning! Had an outstanding power leg workout and definately made up for yesterday's training. I felt completely on track and the focus was intense as hell! I finished up in about 40 minutes which included 10 minutes of stretching... so the actual workout was approximately 30 minutes. Quick and to the point! I'm debating on whether or not to take tomorrow completely off to rest up for Thursday's training in STL. I will more than likely do some type of very low intensity cardio and light ab work. Very difficult to just sit still on my off day from work. I'm fired up and ready to tear things up in the next 7.5 weeks. IT'S ON AND I'M ON!!!! BELIEVE IT!

Training:

1-Shoulder Width Hack's: 5 sets
2-Leg Extensions: 3 sets
3-DB Stiff Legged Deads: 5 sets
4-Seated Calves: 3 sets
5-Standing Calves: 2 sets

*10 min. dynamic stretching

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/12/2008 Back-Chest (St. Louis Training)

I've found that there are not any words that can describe today's training with Bill. There was a feeling in the air that we were unstoppable and the intensity was several levels above our previous workouts. There wasn't many pics or video's taken today as planned but you have to understand that we were on a planet of our own for a couple of hours this afternoon. Bill believes I have a chance at bein ready for my show, so that's a plus! and a boost in confidence. I learned the Finkbiner/Yates Row and believe it will have an impact on my back over the next several weeks. Outstanding training today! LEG DAY in the a.m.!!! IT'S GO TIME!

Training:

BACK
1-Yates Rows 1 warm up 3 sets
2-Close Parallel Grip Seated Rows to Chest 3 sets
3-Braced Incline DB Rows 3 sets
4-Wide Parallel Grip Behind the Neck Pulldowns 3 sets
5-Nautilus Machine Pullovers 3 sets

CHEST
1-Hammer Strength Incline Press 3 sets
2-Hammer Strength Bench Press 3 sets
3-High Pulley Cable Cross 1 set
4-Standing Cable Flyes 1 set
5-Low Pulley Cable Cross 1 set

BillFinkbiner

BillFinkbiner

Awards
  • Established
The honor was all mine today. Here's some pics of Ben. Most are dark or washed out. They really don't do him justice. You've got to see him in person to get the full effect. The man's hamstrings are THICK and split.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
AWESOME MAN!
Look at dem feather striations! And the ham split looks ridiculous! Great job Semp, just stay on track now and finish this out!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude your looking sick! Keep up the great work your gonna do some real damage during your show :cool:

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/13/2008 Leg Day #2

Today's workout was all out sickness! I was inspired by Flex during the walking DB lunges... I tore it up with 60 solid steps X 1 set with 50 lb db's. Somewhere between step 30 and 40, I saw quite a few stars and heard Flex tell me that I had best not quit! (true story by the way) :D I'll chalk it up as one of the most brutal leg days I've ever experienced.

TRAINING

1-Barbell Squats- 3 sets
2-Narrow Hacks- 3 sets
3-Leg Extensions- 3 sets
4-DB Lunges- 1 set X 60 steps
5-SLD's- 3 sets
6-Seated Leg Curls- 3 sets
7-Seated Calves- 1 set X 100 (straight set with 1 second pauses)

*Back is torn up from yesterday! Lovin it!!! THANKS BILL

:dance:

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/14/2008 Shoulders-

I hit it HARD and full force this morning! I felt recharged and smoked my shoulders thoroughly. Can't remember a shoulder workout that was as intense as today's. Bi's and Tri's were supersetted and completely blown up. Aside from being a bit on the flat side, I'm feeling great both mentally and physically. I've already passed up last years conditioning and I've 7 weeks to tighten it up and bring something crazy to the stage. All negativity is banished and out the window. My will and determination will set me apart from the rest of the pack. GO TIME!!!

Recap

SHOULDERS:
1-Arnold Press-3 sets
2-Machine Press-3 sets
3-Seated DB Laterals-2 sets
4-Incline Rear Laterals-2 sets
5-Smith Shrugs-2 sets

BI'S / TRI'S (supersetts)
1-Wide Grip Straight Bar-4 sets
2-Overhead DB Ext-4 sets

1-Machine Preachers-3 sets
2-Reverse V-Grip Pressdowns-3 sets

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/16/2008 Upper Body

Completely engulfed in blue flames today!!! ON FIRE!!! It's amazing what one can accomplish after a day of pure recovery and rest! Very fun and intense solo workout this morning and blew past my previous limits and believe me... it will only get better from here on in! Nailed a PR on the newly learned Finkbiner Row's on my final set (315 X 5 paused contraction reps) and had more in the tank but chose to stick to the prescribed rep scheme. I'll take care of it next Monday! My strength is really good considering I'm fairly deep in prep. The focus of today's workout was to move 'current' max weight and hold each contraction for a count of 2, with a nice slow negative. Looking forward to tearin down the legs in the morning, should I not have to pull a 16 hour shift. It's not a matter of "if" I will have to but when... really dislike this about my job. BUT... when life gives you lemons.... you best make some damn lemonaide! Improvise and Overcome! NOTHING will get in my way!

Training:

BACK
1-Barbell Rows: 3 sets
2-Med. Grip Seated Rows:3 sets
3-Rope Pullovers: 2 sets
Dynamic Stretch x 1 min.

CHEST
1-Incline Hammer Strength: 3 sets (worked up to 3 plates per side)
2-Cable Flyes: 3 sets (worked up to 100 lbs per side)
Dynamic Stretch x 1 min.

SHOULDERS
1-Hammer Strength Shoulder Press:3 sets (3 plates per side)

BI'S/TRI'S (superset)
1-EZ Bar Curls:3 sets
2-Reverse V-Grip Pressdowns:3 sets (stack x 8 slow squeeze reps)

semper27

semper27

Awards
Did you start the Prime?
YES SIR!!! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! The aggresssion is off the hook! Strength is going up steadily! Time to get serious.... little less than 7 weeks to go! Miss the P-slin though!

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/17/2008 Leg Day

Perfect Leg Day!!! Everything was completely on target and achieved a nasty pump! I changed up my primary hamstring exercise by implementing Glute Ham Raises. They felt exactly how they felt before I changed it up last time.... PAINFUL!!! In a very good way! I also felt the need for an added bonus after the workout was complete. 15 steps on dumbbell lunges with 100 lb dumbbells. Needless to say I successfully hammered legs from the ground up! Cardio and Ab work in the morning!

1-Hack Squats: 3 sets
2-Leg Extensions: 3 sets (pause contractions)
3-Glute Ham Raise: 3 sets (with 10 lb medicine ball)
4-Seated Calves: 3 sets (7 plates X 8)
5-Leg Press Calf Raise: 2 sets

*Bonus*
Dumbbell Lunges: 15 steps w/ 100 lb dumbbells

10 min stationary bike, very low intensity to get the blood moving.

Dynamic Stretching

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
*Bonus*
Dumbbell Lunges: 15 steps w/ 100 lb dumbbells
Nice bro!
Gotta like that "bonus" work at the end.. Use that aggression & keep hammering! BTW - why are you not taking P-Slin anymore?

semper27

semper27

Awards
Nice bro!
Gotta like that "bonus" work at the end.. Use that aggression & keep hammering! BTW - why are you not taking P-Slin anymore?
Been out for about a month! :D It's all good though!

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/19/2008 Back-chest

Couldn't have wished for a better workout! My focus and intensity are in high gear as if I'm competing this coming Saturday!!! I nailed both BACK and CHEST this morning, focusing on holding the contraction on all movements for a minimum 3 second count. I'm moved sub-max weight today in order to completely burn the muscle bellies. Not too concerned at this point with trying to hit any personal records. I'll get mine this fall during bulk mode! STEPPIN IT UP!!!

BACK
2-Underhand Close Grip Cable Rows: 3 sets
3-Braced Incline DB Rows: 3 sets
4-Hammer Strength Pulldowns: 3 sets
5-Rope Pullovers: 2 sets
*Dynamic Stretch*

CHEST
1-Incline Hammer Strength: 3 sets
2-Flat DB Press: 3 sets
3-Cable Crossovers: 3 sets
*Dynamic Stretch*

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/20/2008 Leg Day

Another SICK workout this morning! Even though I'm currently not focusing on max weight... I still managed to get the nice sickening feeling in my stomach! Gotta love leg day! Very intense and to the point workout. I kept things rollin' and finished in 40 min.

1-Narrow Hacks: 3 sets
2-Wide Leg Press: 3 sets
3-Leg Ext: 3 sets
4-Walking DB Lunges: 1 set x 40 giant steps
5-DB Stiff Legs: 3 sets (performed off a 13" box, DEEEEEP stretch)
6-Seated Leg Curls: 3 sets
7-Seated Calves: 1 x 100

*10 min. Dynamic Stretching*

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/21/2008 Shoulders-Bi's-Tri's

Phenomenal training today! Hammered shoulder's, bi's and tri's. The pump from this workout was unreal. All movements were slow and controlled with paused contractions. BRUTAL!!! We are exactly 6 weeks out from today and will post some pics sometime this week. Nothin to it but to do it!!! FOCUSED!

SHOULDERS
1-Seated DB Press: 3 sets
2-Machine Press: 3 sets
3-Cable Side Laterals: 2 sets
4-Bent Over Laterals: 2 sets
5-Smith Machine Shrugs-2 sets

BI'S/TRI'S (supersets)
1-Scott Curls: 4 sets
2-Seated Overhead Cable Extension: 4 sets (utilized V-Grip attachment)

1-Concentration Curls: 3 sets
2-Reverse V-Grip Pressdowns: 3 sets

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/23/2008 Upper Body

Nothin but tunnel vision with my eyes on the prize! Fantastic Upper Body Day. Today's focus was perfect form coupled with strong 3-4 second paused contractions on each rep followed by a slow eccentrics. I was a little on the tired side upon waking this morning, due to working a 16 hour shift on Sat. night (3pm - 7am) and logging 3 hours of sleep before I had to go back for another 8. It's all gravy though... NOTHING and I MEAN NOT A THING will get in my way or set me back. My focus is unlike it's EVER been. My fire was stoked after catching up on everyone's thread and I was ready for battle. Probably one of the best workouts thus far in prep and it's only going to get better! Can't wait to get some sleep tonight and blast legs tomorrow. GAME TIME!

BACK
1-Barbell Rows:3 sets
2-Seated V-Grip Rows:3 sets
3-Braced Incline DB Rows:3 sets
4-Pullovers:2 sets

CHEST
1-Incline Hammer Strength:3 sets
2-Cable Flyes:3 sets (3 angles)

SHOULDERS
1-Hammer Strength Shoulder Press:3 sets

BI'S/TRI'S (superset)
1-Cambered Bar Curls:3 sets
2-Overhead DB Ext:3 sets

*For those who aren't familiar with Father Flex... Be sure to check out his thread!!! One of the most motivational/inspirational people that I've met and a fine representative of Hardcore Natural Bodybuilding. He tore it up this weekend and EARNED his 2nd Pro Card of the season and has one more to go in the next few weeks! The conditioning that he brings to the stage will blow your mind! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3686701&page=85

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/24/2008 Beloved Leg Day!!!!! :d

Quad's/Ham's/Calves

1-Smith Machine Squats: 3 sets (ATG)
2-Single Leg Press: 2 sets (super slow motion)
3-Leg Extension: 3 sets (3-4 sec paused contractions/6 second negatives)

*On leg extensions I only performed 3 sets X 10 reps.... My stomach literally started turning on the last set. AWESOME I SAY!!! :D

4-DB stiff legged deads: 3 sets (off 13" platform for greater depth/stretch)
5-Single Leg Curls: 2 sets (3-4 sec paused contractions/6 second negatives)
6-Free Motion Calves: 2 sets
7-Seated Calves: 2 sets

*Bonus Round*
1 set of DB lunges (giant steps) from one end of the gym to the other. Didn't count the total steps but there were plenty!

Very satisfied with today's workout! It was one of those days where it felt as if I could have done a lot more. I believe this is a sign of being totally recovered and rested! I'm bangin' out some intense HIIT cardio tomorrow and thrashin the abdominal cavity!!!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thrashin the abdominal cavity huh? Nice..
I'm cringing at the thought of that "3-4 sec paused contractions/6 second negatives" format on the SLC! :eek:
Good work brother, keep being beastly!

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/26/2008 Back-Chest

Wicked workout!!! I held all reps at peak contraction for a minimum of a 4 second count and concentrated on super slow eccentrics. Talk about burn and major blood pumpage!!! All weights were submaximal to allow for a greater squeeze! Not after PR's only an OVERALL!!! I'm certain to smoke some previous records this fall and can not wait for that particular challenge but first things first.... Plenty of work to do at the moment! I'm going to start hitting the tanning bed today to get rid of the Casper look that I currently have and then I will post some pics towards the end of next week. I'm very happy with how things are progressing and how they will continue to go!

BACK
2-V-Grip Cable Rows: 3 sets
3-Rack Chins: 3 sets
4-Close Grip Pulldowns: 3 sets
5-Pullovers: 2 sets

CHEST
2-Free Motion Press: 3 sets
3-Cable Flyes: 3 sets (3 angles)

*Dynamic Stretching

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/27/2008 Light Leg Day

Another off the charts workout! Slow, controlled, paused contractions, super slow eccentrics and squeezing every ounce of blood that I could muster in to every single fiber! I completely feel in control of my prep and progress! My focus is razor sharp and very determined to bring some crazy conditioning to the stage. On the short drive back to my place... had something happen that I've yet to experience before... Felt as if the skin on my legs were crawling... Not sure what it was all about but I'll roll with it! Looking forward to Shoulders/Bi's/Tri's in the a.m.!!! NO MORE GAMES!

Training Recap

1-Smith Machine ATG Squats: 3 sets
2-Leg Press: 3 sets
3-Leg Ext: 3 sets (3 angles)
4-Walking DB Lunges: 1 set (length of gym = a lot of steps!)
5-Hammer Strength SLD's: 3 sets
6-Single Leg Curls: 3 sets
7-Seated Calves: 3 sets (3 angles)

*10 min. stationary bike to re-circulate.

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/28/2008 Shoulders/Bi's/Tri's

Completely INSANE training this morning! I focused on explosive concentrics and have been practicing slow eccentrics but slowed it down another notch today and DAMN what a pump! These small tweaks are making a huge impact in a very short time frame. Looking forward to utilizing this type of training in the off-season and going up in numbers. Hate to keep repeating myself but the workouts keep getting better and better! I can't wait to hit the stage 5 weeks from now! My focus and intensity are continually going up daily and I'm much anticipating the final product! I'm very happy with everything thus far and have ample amount of time to bring my best self! I PROMISE NASTINESS!!!

Training

SHOULDERS
1-Free Motion Arnold Press: 3 sets
2-Nautilus Shoulder Press: 3 sets
3-Cable Side Laterals: 2 sets
4-Cable Bent Over Laterals: 2 sets
5-Paused Shrugs: 1 set

BI'S/TRI'S
1-Wide Grip Cambered Bar: 3 sets
2-Overhead DB Ext: 3 sets

1-Nautilus Preachers: 2 sets (single arm)
2-Reverse V-Grip Pressdown: 2 sets

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
All right Casper.. I completely believe that promise! 5 weeks out, is it that close already? Wow. What is your plan with diet from here on out?
Great to see these continued awesome workouts bro. I feel ya. Keep bringing it to the finish!

semper27

semper27

Awards
All right Casper.. I completely believe that promise! 5 weeks out, is it that close already? Wow. What is your plan with diet from here on out?
Great to see these continued awesome workouts bro. I feel ya. Keep bringing it to the finish!
LOL... Not changing a thing as of right now. Slow and steady bro! Been averaging anywhere from .4 to .9 lbs per week fat loss. Even upped the carbs some!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good stuff, nice incremental progress. Looking forward to your madness the rest of the way!

semper27

semper27

Awards
6/30/2008 Upper Body

I really had fun during today's workout! Everything went better than anticipated and my intensity really needs a chain! I've come to really like training alone and may roll solo this fall during bulk mode. I completed the workout in about 40 min.

Everyone know's the deal by now... all movements were explosive controlled concentrics followed by super slow eccentrics with pauses on both ends. Major blood movement throughout! Leg Day in the morning!!! READY FOR BATTLE!!!

Training-

BACK
1-BB Rows: 3 sets
2-Seated Close Grip Cable Row: 3 sets
3-Nautilus Reverse Pullovers: 3 sets

CHEST
1-Inclne Hammer Strength: 3 sets
2-Cable Flyes: 3 sets---3 angles

SHOULDERS
1-Hammer Strength Press: 3 sets
2-Cable Laterals: 2 sets

BI'S/TRI'S (superset)
1-Machine Preachers: 3 sets
2-Cambered Bar Pressdowns: 3 sets

*Bonus*
DB Shrugs-2 sets
Reverse Single Arm Tricep Pressdowns-2 sets

semper27

semper27

Awards
July 1, 2008 Leg Day

In and out in about 40 minutes! Great workout this morning! I rolled with Hack Squats this week to give my back more rest time. It's still somewhat stiff but no pain. I also brought in glute/ham raises once again... 3 sets of 10 bodyweight, slow/controlled, PAINFUL! Tomorrow will be Cardio/Abs, REST and posing.

Recap

1-Hack Squats: 3 sets
2-Nautilus Single Leg Press: 2 sets
4-Glute/Ham Raise: 3 sets
5-Seated Calves: 3 sets

*5 minutes stationary bike / 5 minutes stretching

semper27

semper27

Awards
July 3, 2008 Back/Chest

This was a straight nasty intense, all out workout! Completely nailed back and chest. I stepped it up today and shortened the rest periods to 30-40 seconds, which made for a painful pump. My back is still stiff and I'm continuing to stretch it. It will work itself out in another day or two. The blood flow actually made it feel better. Can't wait to endulge in some burgers, dogs and home made ice cream tomorrow!!! A man can dream....right? :D I'll just do the norm and watch everyone else... At least I get to work in the afternoon @ time and a half! Cha-Ching!

Training

BACK (eccentric/concentric pauses on all movements)
1-Bodyweight Pullups: 3 sets
2-Barbell Rows: 3 sets
3-Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets
4-Med. Grip Pulldowns: 3 sets
5-Nautilus Pullovers: 2 sets
*Bonus* DB Rows: 1 set

CHEST
2-Flat Press: 4 sets
3-Cable Flyes: 3 sets / 3 angles

Stretch

semper27

semper27

Awards
July 4, 2008 Leg Day

Just in from an explosive 4th of July Leg Day! Deep burn, painful pump = deeper striations! I'm giving it what I've got and steppin it up with each workout. I performed narrow stance Hack Squats and was abruptly told that I shouldn't be going as low as I do. With a very serious face, I thanked the guy for lookin out and told him I had no idea and that I've been doing hacks this way from the beginning. :D He said something else that struck my funny bone... as he was talking to his partner.... Didn't catch all of it but something along the lines of... "can you imagine the clen cycle that guy must be runnin?" Hey bro... if you happen to be following my log... keep fuelin my fire. I DO greatly appreciate it! My focus continues to get sharper by the day and I will be ready to roll' 4 weeks from tomorrow! Updated pics next week! I'll be hittin shoulders/bi's/tri's in the morning! Happy 4th!!!

Recap: (paused concentrics/eccentrics on all movements)

1-Narrow Hacks: 3 sets
2-Leg Press: 3 sets (single leg)
4-Walking DB Lunges: 1 set (length of gym)
5-Glute Ham Raises: 3 sets
6-Seated Leg Curl: 3 sets
7-Seated Calves: 2 sets x 50 /2 angles

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"deeper striations" = scary! :jaw:

Yep, hatin' can be a good motivator. Get your focus on & thrive!

semper27

semper27

Awards
7/5/2008 Shoulders/Bi's/Tri's

Awesome workout this morning! I hit shoulder's, bi's and tri's and achieved a nasty painfull pump! I worked all movements with straight sets to switch things up some and concentrated on mind/muscle connection, keeping constant tension on the entire range of motion. My mood is great and I feel unbelievable being 4 weeks out. Gettin tighter by the day! HIIT Cardio and ab work tomorrow! NO LIMITS------NO EXCUSES!!!

SHOULDERS
1-Arnold Press: 3 sets
2-Nautilus Press: 3 sets
3-Dbl Arm Cable Laterals: 2 sets
4-Cable Rear Laterals: 2 sets

BI'S
1-Wide Grip Cambered Bar: 4 sets
2-V-Grip Cable Curls: 3 sets

TRI'S
1-Overhead Rope Ext: 4 sets
2-Reverse Grip Press downs: 3 sets (1 set double arm, 2 sets single arm)

semper27

semper27

Awards
7-7-2008 Upper Body

Super workout this morning! Upper body power day with ultra explosive concentrics with 3 second pauses followed by ultra slow eccentrics. I achieved a solid upper body pump and brought out some crazy vascularity! Nastiness is on it's way!!! ALL IN AND FOCUSED!!!

Training Rundown

BACK
1) Barbell Rows: 3 sets
2) DB Rows: 3 sets
3) Close Grip Cable Row: 3 sets
4) Rope Pull Overs: 2 sets

CHEST
1) Incline Hammer Strength: 3 sets
2) Cable Flyes: 3 sets / 3 angles

SHOULDERS
1) Hammer Strength Press: 3 sets

BI'S-TRI'S (superset)
1) Incline DB Curl: 3 sets (double arm)
2) Narrow Cambered Bar Pressdowns: 3 sets

semper27

semper27

Awards
7/8/2008 Leg Day

Today's leg day was off the charts in intensity, focus and form!!! Quick and to the point with one minute rest periods sense it was a power type workout. I was in and out in a little less than 40 min. My mind is completely on track with what I must do in the weeks to come and can't stop thinking about Aug. 2nd. I spoke to the promoter via e-mail and he is expecting approximately 100 competitors that will include 30-35 Pro's. I'm looking forward to having a blast!!!
Training (at least 2-3 warm up sets per exercise / paused eccentric/concentrics on all movements)
1) Hack Squats: 3 sets
2) Leg Extensions: 3 sets
3) DB Stiff Leg DL: 3 sets
4) Walking DB Lunges: 1 set (length of gym / ton of steps)
5) Glute Ham Raise: 1 set (20 reps/bodyweight only)
6) Seated Calves: 3 sets (3 angles)

Current Macro's
Normal Day-- 275/300/45
High Day-- 255/400/45 (Days where I hit upper body / Monday & Thursday

semper27

semper27

Awards
Couldn't ask or wish for a better workout! My vision is fixed and will leave nothing on the table! I thrashed the back and chest this morning and completed the workout in 35 minutes after the initial warm up. Energy and mood seem to be better than when I began prep about 14 weeks ago. I'm not after PR's but seems as if my strength has remained the same on most lifts and even gone up on a few. Looking forward to going wide open during the upcoming offseason! It's gonna be a fun ride! I've learned so much about myself during this years prep!
Training
BACK
2) Seated Cable Row: 3 sets (close grip)
3) Rack Chins: 3 sets
4) Med. Grip Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets
5) Rope Pullovers: 2 sets
CHEST
2) Flat Press: 4 sets
3) Cable Flyes: 3 sets (3 angles)
STRETCH

semper27

semper27

Awards
7/11/2008 Light Leg Day

Ima say it again.... Just had THE best leg day that I've ever had. Sub-max weight with, total concentration on slow eccentrics and explosive concentrics, pausing each rep at peak contraction. The legs are gettin their grain on and everything else is following suit as well. Tomorrow we are (3) weeks out and I'll be working shoulders, bi's and tri's in the a.m.
Training
1) Shoulder Width Hacks: 3 sets
2) Single Leg Press: 3 sets
3) Leg Extensions: 3 sets
4) Walking DB Lunges: 1 set, length of gym... approx. 60 total steps
5) DB Stiff Legs: 3 sets
6) Seated Leg Curls: 3 sets
7) Free Motion Calves: 1 set x 75
10 minute stationary bike followed by stretching

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Attaboy Ben, bring this baby home!!
3 weeks?? Wow. Got any pics?

semper27

semper27

Awards
7/12/2008 Shoulder's-Bi's-Tri's

Absolutely SOLID training this morning! I did some etch work on shoulder's, bi's and tri's. Kept things rollin along with approx. 30 seconds rest in between sets and 2-3 min. rest in between exercises. The pump and vascularity was insane! I'm noticing changes almost daily and plan on taking some pics either tomorrow or Monday. Three weeks from today is the day! It's coming fast and I'm READY for whatever is in store. ALL IN!!!

Recap

SHOULDERS
2) Free Motion Arnold Press: 3 sets
3) Side Laterals: 2 sets
4) Incline Rear Laterals: 2 sets
5) Seated Shrugs: 1 x 10 / Standing DB Shrugs: 1 x 20

BI'S - TRI'S (superset)
1) Wide Cambered Bar Curl: 4 sets (final set, negatives only)
2) Cambered Bar Pressdowns: 4 sets

1) Machine Preachers: 2 sets
2) Reverse Grip Pressdown: 2 sets (single arm)
3) Cable Kickbacks: 1 set (super squeeze contractions

semper27

semper27

Awards
7/14/2008 Upper Body

WOW!!! I DO NOT care that I repeat my self over and over... Again... the best Upper Body workout thus far! Worked the squeeze, worked the eccentric/concentric's and hammered it! I'm just a lotta bit fired up from the havoc that Flex brought to the WNBF this past weekend, EARNING his 3rd Pro Card of the season and bringin some crazy nasty to Evansville in his Pro Debut! It's definately gonna be one hell of a day! I will be posting a few pics this week! On another note... I'm seein a few cross striations in my upper ab's upon wake up. I think I'm gettin there!!! :D

TRAINING

BACK
2) Crossbody DB Rows: 3 sets
3) Seated Rope Rows: 3 sets
4) High Cable Rope Pulldowns: 2 sets

CHEST
2) Cable Flyes: 3 sets (3 angles)

SHOULDERS

BI'S-TRI'S (superset)
1) Alt. DB Curls: 3 sets
2) Reverse Grip V-Grip Pressdown: 3 sets

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Everything still rollin! I saw your pics over at bb.com and you were looking SHREDDED keep it up!

semper27

semper27

Awards
7/15/2008 Legs

Got after it this morning and thoroughly stimulated the quads, hams and calves. Completed the workout in about 30 min. and my entire lower body was pumped to the max! Very focused, feelin awesome and driven to bring my best self in a couple of weeks. It's gonna be an even better venue with Flex in the mix! Can not wait!

Training Recap

1) Smith Machine Squats: 3 sets (deeper than deep)
2) Smith Machine Feet/Knees Together: 2 sets
3) Extensions: 3 sets
4) DB Stiff Legs: 3 sets
5) DB Lunges: 1 set length of gym (approx 60 steps)
6) Standing Barefoot Calves: 2 sets

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Got after it this morning and thoroughly stimulated the quads, hams and calves. Completed the workout in about 30 min. and my entire lower body was pumped to the max! Very focused, feelin awesome and driven to bring my best self in a couple of weeks. It's gonna be an even better venue with Flex in the mix! Can not wait!

Training Recap

1) Smith Machine Squats: 3 sets (deeper than deep)
2) Smith Machine Feet/Knees Together: 2 sets
3) Extensions: 3 sets
4) DB Stiff Legs: 3 sets
5) DB Lunges: 1 set length of gym (approx 60 steps)
6) Standing Barefoot Calves: 2 sets

Pics dude Pics!!!!!! LOL

Keep rocking! Almost there.

fitfrancopro

fitfrancopro

Awards
He should chime in, but its one of those BB.com ads for their bodyspace and such. Pretty cool that they picked him.