Unusual training approach: "EOD feeder exercises for ALL muscles"

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday was feeder-leg/shoulder day. It definitely did something. Can feel every muscle in my legs, in a good way. Shoulders seem more punishable, can't feel a thing.
It does feel great i agree. If you're already sore from yesterday it can actually help make you feel less sore but I believe that depends how hard you're hitting it. Might join you on this.. Not gonna log it but I can update if I see any progress

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
False. The best advice Rich Piana ever gave me was how to increase my dick to ball ratio by cycling (:)2=*♂

LOL I think I remember that video.. What do you rather have? A low hanging dick or low hanging balls?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LOL I think I remember that video.. What do you rather have? A low hanging dick or low hanging balls?
Lol I would say the former, except I am always a bit sad when they go towards the end of a cycle. Something weirdly satisfying about having nuts ?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol I would say the former, except I am always a bit sad when they go towards the end of a cycle. Something weirdly satisfying about having nuts ��
Indeed. You really don't understand how small they are until they're back in shape lol

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It does feel great i agree. If you're already sore from yesterday it can actually help make you feel less sore but I believe that depends how hard you're hitting it. Might join you on this.. Not gonna log it but I can update if I see any progress
I like the logic behind it and think I'm on to something. Hehehe!

I do the feeder days like this, its what I think is logical to do:

-doing exercises I missed the day before, to failure
-do the same exercises as the day before -but with less weight. Never to failure, never to fatigue but chasing a pump.
-doing it relaxed, even socializing a bit in the gym (on normal gym days, my face looks like a fist, 100% focus on exercises) -my guess is, this way CNS gets some rest.
-normal gym days I workout fasted/ feeder day, I split my meals throughout the day, making sure body gets flushed with nutrients
-normal day 20mg sdrol/ feeder day 30mg sdrol (you grow when resting. Feeder day is "grow-day", also more food on feeder day)

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like the logic behind it and think I'm on to something. Hehehe!

I do the feeder days like this, its what I think is logical to do:

-doing exercises I missed the day before, to failure
-do the same exercises as the day before -but with less weight. Never to failure, never to fatigue but chasing a pump.
-doing it relaxed, even socializing a bit in the gym (on normal gym days, my face looks like a fist, 100% focus on exercises) -my guess is, this way CNS gets some rest.
-normal gym days I workout fasted/ feeder day, I split my meals throughout the day, making sure body gets flushed with nutrients
-normal day 20mg sdrol/ feeder day 30mg sdrol (you grow when resting. Feeder day is "grow-day", also more food on feeder day)
Interesting take on it and to up dosage on feeder days. I think with steroids it's really hard to overtrain with light weights. I'll jump on board myself and be sure to follow your journey. I actually googled this 2 years ago and there's very limited information, mostly people quoting rich Piana. The videos on YouTube However seem to say they grew an inch on the arms.. Wether that's some sort of pump or muscles I don't know but it's worth a shot.

By the way, out of curiosity.. You ever miss home? And do you ever go back to visit? It's quite the difference moving from us to South America (having lived in the US and having a fiance from Argentina myself)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
By the way, out of curiosity.. You ever miss home? And do you ever go back to visit? It's quite the difference moving from us to South America (having lived in the US and having a fiance from Argentina myself)
I miss the German nature, the woods and lakes. Here is all thorny, barren, poisonous, inaccessible, hostile... I never went back, don't have family there, besides an alcoholic (all her life) mother I despise. I traveled a lot to anywhere imaginable, besides India, Africa or Asia.
I regret to have all my money tied up in real estates. It hinders me to move again. I'm playing with the idea of moving to Russia, Bulgaria -or Hungary -but the current situation is really bad here in Paraguay, all economic broke down, no sales at all -and I can't eat houses or land. At the moment I'm poor -besides having a fortune in real estate that cost taxes -and some employees clinging like parasites on my azz, demanding monthly payments.

Well, one more reason to focus on working out that old body, everything else goes to sh1t at the moment.

Ulfhednar

Awards
I miss the German nature, the woods and lakes. Here is all thorny, barren, poisonous, inaccessible, hostile... I never went back, don't have family there, besides an alcoholic (all her life) mother I despise. I traveled a lot to anywhere imaginable, besides India, Africa or Asia.
I regret to have all my money tied up in real estates. It hinders me to move again. I'm playing with the idea of moving to Russia, Bulgaria -or Hungary -but the current situation is really bad here in Paraguay, all economic broke down, no sales at all -and I can't eat houses or land. At the moment I'm poor -besides having a fortune in real estate that cost taxes -and some employees clinging like parasites on my azz, demanding monthly payments.

Well, one more reason to focus on working out that old body, everything else goes to sh1t at the moment.
Move to the US! Land of opportunity and a bunch of other stuff!

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

You're from Germany ey?. I thought you were from the US. I'm from. Sweden myself.. I do not recommend Bulgaria but if you want something Eastern European I'd probably say Croatia. Its warm and arguably the safest place. You've never thought about another South American country?

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Im interested in trying this.
Couple of questions: do you think doubling that workout a day (once in morning, once in evening w/deload) would have the same effect, or do you think that overnight recovery is important for this process?
Someone once told me that doing full body workouts everyday will actually decrease the size of the muscle groups over time (this was an old school body builder that trained me years ago). If that statement is true, then do you think it could be detremental to gaining size (read more full) in the muscle groups? Or is this an outdated approach?
Last question: In the past, as far as past experience goes, i remember having to trick my body because of plateauing. Do you think by doing this, it could make it harder to trick those muscle groups in the future?

I know im throwing alot of questions at you and some may seam stupid questions. I appreciate you (or anyone else's) effort to answer some of them.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're from Germany ey?. I thought you were from the US. I'm from. Sweden myself.. I do not recommend Bulgaria but if you want something Eastern European I'd probably say Croatia. Its warm and arguably the safest place. You've never thought about another South American country?
Croatia, sounds interesting too. Thing is, I studied Russian language. Bulgaria or Russia would be better for me. I know the rest of South America well. Most countries are worse when it comes to crime and quality of living. Argentina is also very volatile in therms of economics and politics. Anyway, I'm chained up to Paraguay until I sell something. How do you like it in Argentina?

Couple of questions: do you think doubling that workout a day (once in morning, once in evening w/deload) would have the same effect, or do you think that overnight recovery is important for this process?
Someone once told me that doing full body workouts everyday will actually decrease the size of the muscle groups over time (this was an old school body builder that trained me years ago). If that statement is true, then do you think it could be detremental to gaining size (read more full) in the muscle groups? Or is this an outdated approach?
Last question: In the past, as far as past experience goes, i remember having to trick my body because of plateauing. Do you think by doing this, it could make it harder to trick those muscle groups in the future?

I know im throwing alot of questions at you and some may seam stupid questions. I appreciate you (or anyone else's) effort to answer some of them.
Doing the feeder the same day is counter productive, IMHO. The feeder day is sort of an "enhanced rest day". Instead of doing off, you are moving the previously stimulated muscles, right when the body struggles to repair them, you enhance blood flow.
I noted, that I plateaued while doing full body 3-4 times a week. For me its age related, I need way more rest.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Croatia, sounds interesting too. Thing is, I studied Russian language. Bulgaria or Russia would be better for me. I know the rest of South America well. Most countries are worse when it comes to crime and quality of living. Argentina is also very volatile in therms of economics and politics. Anyway, I'm chained up to Paraguay until I sell something. How do you like it in Argentina?

Doing the feeder the same day is counter productive, IMHO. The feeder day is sort of an "enhanced rest day". Instead of doing off, you are moving the previously stimulated muscles, right when the body struggles to repair them, you enhance blood flow.
I noted, that I plateaued while doing full body 3-4 times a week. For me its age related, I need way more rest.
I am going to disagree about the crime in one way.. I do believe there are some countries and some areas that's really bad but mostly its stealing from women while eastern Europe is less friendly and more aggressive or less warm towards strangers.

Argentina and cordoba is actually safer than Stockholm in terms of murders. I'm sure pickpocketing is beyond most western cities though. Obviously you can find trouble in a place like Rio and Bolivian prisons are insane.

You know how it is. Western Europe is so easy in so many ways. We take everything for granted and it's on the verge of being impossible being poor here. I like argentina for the weather, the different nature, culture etc. I think the people In South America can be feisty but only if you step on their toes and it's mostly verbal. I think they are actually really warm people. I have a mixed feeling about eastern Europe. It kinda reminds me of a poor man's Germany or Sweden with much corruption. Overall I'm happy being in argentina and I absolutely loved Brazil and florinapolis.

I would definitely live in south America or the US having traveled to Asia, North and south America, around East and west Europe, Oceania. Australia is also quite nice but having been in the US I don't think it compares because there's just so much to do in the US and so many different climates. Japan was also very different even from other Asian countries and a must see. Probably the most well managed country I've ever seen, you won't find trash on the street, not even a gum.

I would suggest you if you haven't already to travel to Portugal or Spain and see what's up. Man I've been traveling so much I can go on forever about all the unique things every country has to offer. You have a favorite country yourself?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am going to disagree about the crime in one way.. I do believe there are some countries and some areas that's really bad but mostly its stealing from women while eastern Europe is less friendly and more aggressive or less warm towards strangers.

Argentina and cordoba is actually safer than Stockholm in terms of murders. I'm sure pickpocketing is beyond most western cities though. Obviously you can find trouble in a place like Rio and Bolivian prisons are insane.

You know how it is. Western Europe is so easy in so many ways. We take everything for granted and it's on the verge of being impossible being poor here. I like argentina for the weather, the different nature, culture etc. I think the people In South America can be feisty but only if you step on their toes and it's mostly verbal. I think they are actually really warm people. I have a mixed feeling about eastern Europe. It kinda reminds me of a poor man's Germany or Sweden with much corruption. Overall I'm happy being in argentina and I absolutely loved Brazil and florinapolis.

I would definitely live in south America or the US having traveled to Asia, North and south America, around East and west Europe, Oceania. Australia is also quite nice but having been in the US I don't think it compares because there's just so much to do in the US and so many different climates. Japan was also very different even from other Asian countries and a must see. Probably the most well managed country I've ever seen, you won't find trash on the street, not even a gum.

I would suggest you if you haven't already to travel to Portugal or Spain and see what's up. Man I've been traveling so much I can go on forever about all the unique things every country has to offer. You have a favorite country yourself?
Personally Romania is very beautiful, and South Eastern Germany in the Bavarian Mountain range, and Black Forest is also a beautiful place. Amsterdam sucks, and I didnt care for Paris either, Iraq has beauty if it wasnt a war zone, Kuwait sucks, Quatar isnt to bad, people there are nice, Manas wasnt horrible, and Afghanistan reminds me of being back in time, I was looking for Jesus and his apostles there, LOL. As far as the US the South is the only place I like. The West was full of hippy's with bad attitudes, the North isnt very friendly either, and the East Coast I found some people friendly but not very talkative

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally Romania is very beautiful, and South Eastern Germany in the Bavarian Mountain range, and Black Forest is also a beautiful place. Amsterdam sucks, and I didnt care for Paris either, Iraq has beauty if it wasnt a war zone, Kuwait sucks, Quatar isnt to bad, people there are nice, Manas wasnt horrible, and Afghanistan reminds me of being back in time, I was looking for Jesus and his apostles there, LOL. As far as the US the South is the only place I like. The West was full of hippy's with bad attitudes, the North isnt very friendly either, and the East Coast I found some people friendly but not very talkative
Haha I couldn't agree more with Amsterdam, it's just so trashy unfortunately cause the city isn't that bad. South us is really nice that's true and that's where I used to stay. The warzones you mentioned I don't think I'll ever step my foot in? but I find it very interesting to hear what people have to say about them. Germany I didn't care that much for but I haven't been in the nature like you. Where's Manas? Can't even find on Google haha. I assume it's somewhere in Asia?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Haha I couldn't agree more with Amsterdam, it's just so trashy unfortunately cause the city isn't that bad. South us is really nice that's true and that's where I used to stay. The warzones you mentioned I don't think I'll ever step my foot in but I find it very interesting to hear what people have to say about them. Germany I didn't care that much for but I haven't been in the nature like you. Where's Manas? Can't even find on Google haha. I assume it's somewhere in Asia?
Manas is a tiny little country about the size of New York City. Its a former part of the USSR and its just north of Afghanistan. When your going to the Stan you fly into Manas as a staging area.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Manas is a tiny little country about the size of New York City. Its a former part of the USSR and its just north of Afghanistan. When your going to the Stan you fly into Manas as a staging area.
Interesting. What kind of people lives there? Afghan looking people?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yes, you may be right. I like Argentina and Brazil too , maybe I'm just burned out and my pessimistic self came too much to the surface lately. If you ask any Argentine about what he thinks of Paraguay, you may understand me better, LOL. Look up "Astana", the capital of Kazakhstan. That one caught my eye lately.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is how a back workout looks like, HGP stile:

weighted Pull Ups
+45lbs x10
+90lbs x3
+112.5lbs x1 (PR) drop / BW x10
BW x12
BW holding on top 20sec, legs at 90 degrees x5

EZ-bar narrow grip pendlay rows
110lbs warmup x20
200lbs x14
220lbs x8 RP 5

DB one armed kroc row
110lbs x15/15 (no heavier DB in gym)
110lbs holding 0.5 sec on top x6

cable lat press down-bar
80lbs x10/10/8

Cable lat push down rope
65lbs x 7/8

Seated row narrow grip
220lbs x17/15 (max weight on life fitness machine)

Rocking lat pull down (with unilateral twist)
150 lbs x11
170lbs x9/9

On my way out:
pull ups x7

Tomorrow: back again -feeder workout

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know the Balkans. Romania is too undeveloped and poor, like Albania -also, I don't appreciate gypsies with their customs too much -but the country is beautiful!

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, you may be right. I like Argentina and Brazil too , maybe I'm just burned out and my pessimistic self came too much to the surface lately. If you ask any Argentine about what he thinks of Paraguay, you may understand me better, LOL. Look up "Astana", the capital of Kazakhstan. That one caught my eye lately.
no I feel you.. It's like asking about Peru. Kazakhstan does not seem like a good option to be honest. Have you seen borat? Haha. What's drags you to these countries? Just mountains and poverty there. I bet you'd be happier in South America but hey you know yourself better. Can you even get visa there?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no I feel you.. It's like asking about Peru. Kazakhstan does not seem like a good option to be honest. Have you seen borat? Haha. What's drags you to these countries? Just mountains and poverty there. I bet you'd be happier in South America but hey you know yourself better. Can you even get visa there?
You are dead wrong about Kazakhstan!

Have a look:

[video=youtube;gK0RP7LcvDk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK0RP7LcvDk[/video]

I'm drawn to those weird countries, because you could have more freedom and opportunities there. Also the quality of living versus the living cost is way better!

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about Uruguay by the way? Like Argentina but more beaches.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are dead wrong about Kazakhstan!

Have a look:

[video=youtube;gK0RP7LcvDk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK0RP7LcvDk[/video]

I'm drawn to those weird countries, because you could have more freedom and opportunities there. Also the quality of living versus the living cost is way better!
No it looks nice but it's typical in the government areas. And the food is just so much better in South America. You'll probably find yourself in a cold snowy country with cement walls. Even Estonia which is one of the richer countries was so far from what I'm used to and on top of that the weather was terrible. The countries are just so grey if that makes sense. Don't get me wrong Kazakhstan has a lot of beautiful nature but I can't imagine you'd be happier there than in Brazil. Just travel before you decide to move.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What about Uruguay by the way? Like Argentina but more beaches.
Windy and cold as fugg. Water too cold to enjoy, just like Argentina. But it has to offer a bit more culturally than Paraguay. Chile is too European, too expensive and too many rules. Bolivia is a sh1thole. Peru is interesting but very biased towards Caucasians, outside Lima. Also the natives there are very conservative. Immigration to Brazil is difficult. My son was born in Brazil (because I'm clever), I could get entry as long as he studies for a job. I don't like Brazil as a permanent home, no idea why. Belize = deadly, so is Guatemala and Nicaragua. Costa rica, Dominican republic, Panama = maybe.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Windy and cold as fugg. Water too cold to enjoy, just like Argentina. But it has to offer a bit more culturally than Paraguay. Chile is too European, too expensive and too many rules. Bolivia is a sh1thole. Peru is interesting but very biased towards Caucasians, outside Lima. Also the natives there are very conservative. Immigration to Brazil is difficult. My son was born in Brazil (because I'm clever), I could get entry as long as he studies for a job. I don't like Brazil as a permanent home, no idea why. Belize = deadly, so is Guatemala and Nicaragua. Costa rica, Dominican republic, Panama = maybe.
Panama sounds great I must say

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No it looks nice but it's typical in the government areas. And the food is just so much better in South America. You'll probably find yourself in a cold snowy country with cement walls. Even Estonia which is one of the richer countries was so far from what I'm used to and on top of that the weather was terrible. The countries are just so grey if that makes sense. Don't get me wrong Kazakhstan has a lot of beautiful nature but I can't imagine you'd be happier there than in Brazil. Just travel before you decide to move.
Yes, Kasakhstan gets VERY cold in the winter... Well, it seems I gonna stay a little longer in "Analguay". Have no choice at the moment anyway, not even money for travel -but that should change.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Move to the US! Land of opportunity and a bunch of other stuff!
Hehe. Thought about it hard and visited often. I prefer less surveillance and less rules, in exchange for less social services (like welfare).

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, Kasakhstan gets VERY cold in the winter... Well, it seems I gonna stay a little longer in "Analguay". Have no choice at the moment anyway, not even money for travel -but that should change.
Haha yeah coming from North of Sweden if say **** that weather.. It's horrible.. Summer is great though for two weeks lol.. Last summer was extreme all over the world, 3 months of tropic weather but that's just lucky

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still intermittent fasting on workout days (not doing it on feeder days).
Here an example of what I eat in my 3 hour window after training, at night:

IMG_20181025_002425.jpg

-250gr tilapia fillet, baked in oven
-300gr, grilled beef (pieces)
-150gr beans
-5 scrambled eggs
-150gr peanuts (raw)
-glass whole milk
-2 bananas/ 1 apple
Not shown is a small bowl of rice, still on the stove

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha yeah coming from North of Sweden if say **** that weather.. It's horrible.. Summer is great though for two weeks lol.. Last summer was extreme all over the world, 3 months of tropic weather but that's just lucky
Here the weather is extreme. You may have 38 C at noon and only 15 C late in the evening, all with 90% humidity. Perfect weather to catch a cold.
If you have arthritis, those changes are killer.

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Hey Chados,

Are you from anywhere near Sundsvall? If so, we may be distant cousins!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never went to either Portugal nor Spain, but they are on my list for visiting.
I have no favorite country. The weirdest (most exotic) countries I have visited were Belize and South Russia, near Iran and Azerbaijan.

To South Russia (Ashuluk) I went with the East German (communist) Army to fire missiles at airborne targets, just saw desert and native Bedouins, not much of the surroundings itself.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just stay here in Pennsylvania !!

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never went to either Portugal nor Spain, but they are on my list for visiting.
I have no favorite country. The weirdest (most exotic) countries I have visited were Belize and South Russia, near Iran and Azerbaijan.

To South Russia (Ashuluk) I went with the East German (communist) Army to fire missiles at airborne targets, just saw desert and native Bedouins, not much of the surroundings itself.
Ita still interesting having been in these places I must say. Russia is huge and has a lot of nature and unexpected things you wouldn't guess. There's a documentary called the wild Russia i believe. Dessert and camels? Makes sense in a way but you just don't thing about it like that. Spain and Portugal is like an upper level of South America. It's just extremely safe there too but obviously you'll see more things in south America. I bet there's something in the surrounding areas you'd love.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Chados,

Are you from anywhere near Sundsvall? If so, we may be distant cousins!
No but I know where that is :). I'm more up north, close to Luleå. Its time we both move right now.. Snowed today here haha

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Snowed in Western Maryland last week !!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maryland has also been a place I'd like to see. I have no idea why haha.. Maybe it's the name.
Maryland born n raised, beautiful state. Stay away from wash dc and it's immediate counties. Besides that, a great place to live.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Maryland born n raised, beautiful state. Stay away from wash dc and it's immediate counties. Besides that, a great place to live.
I lived there for 20 years, no complaints !!

Ulfhednar

Awards
Hehe. Thought about it hard and visited often. I prefer less surveillance and less rules, in exchange for less social services (like welfare).
Yea me too lol but if you live in the right area all the craziness doesn't matter.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking forward to see that. I've started doing feeder but stopped and there's barely any reviews or logs out there. Rich piana said it was the best advice he's ever given so hopefully it's true haha.
The science makes sense and I did really well with feeder sets a while back. I did a lot of medial and rear delts, like 100-200 reps at the end of every workout and my shoulders came up quite a bit. You are really only adding volume, feeding the muscle, and creating metabolic signals for growth, but not actually creating mechanical damage to the cells so you stimulate hypertrophy without digging a hole.

I alternated between Feeder sets, and Cell swelling work, and definitely stand behind them as a solid tool for hypertrophy. Also great for if you have an injury and can't really train it heavy but still want some growth.

Is that you in your Avi, if so you are looking stellar!

I think your old school buddy was just that. Old School. Nothing wrong with old school except it limits you to the basics...however the basics is where we get 90% of our progress. You can train your full body every day and grow well, you simply have to manage recovery ability. You would not want to go anywhere near failure during training, and would want to drive growth via progressive overload. With proper rest and nutrition while managing CNS and overall volume you can most definitely grow. Sooner or later you would need a break, but progress can most definitely be made...

Just think like this, you do one solid body part workout and get in 10-20 work sets, that means in a daily training you would only want to hit a body part with 1-3 work sets per session depending on intensity which ends up being 7-21 sets a week per body part... You are just spreading out the volume so that you can stimulate the muscle more frequently. It is believed all things being equal, IE volume and what not that high frequency tends to be better for growth so long as recovery ability is not surpassed.

You need to feed a muscle to make it grow though. I would not even think about this unless I was in a surplus or maintenance with a goal of leaning up via recomp.

I wouldn't think it would be counter productive, you should already be signalling for recovery, and already produced higher levels of IGF, and MGF. The second workout will still shuttle nutrients into the system and will still spur on more protein synthesis. Will it have the exact same effect, not exactly, will it have less of an effect, that is up in the air.

The benefits of the 2nd day would be stimulating a 2nd large increase in protein synthesis where one would not be present otherwise without training. With doing 2 a days you are just creating 2nd large as well, but in the same day that it is already elevated... which works better? Who knows...

However with his current diet I don't really see feeder sets being very beneficial. He is eating one meal a day post training. You need nutrients in the blood to do a feeder set, otherwise all you are doing is moving a lot of empty blood around, not feeding the muscle. As we already discussed and why you are now eating throughout the day on your feeder days.

For someone doing 2 a days it might be better to do something like Heavy Upper in AM, Heavy Lower in PM then the following day do Feeder upper in AM, and Feeder Lower in PM. However if doing that the volume really needs to be managed as the frequency is going to be ridiculous and easy to go overboard with the volume in that scenario.

Still intermittent fasting on workout days (not doing it on feeder days).
Here an example of what I eat in my 3 hour window after training, at night:

View attachment 173172

-250gr tilapia fillet, baked in oven
-300gr, grilled beef (pieces)
-150gr beans
-5 scrambled eggs
-150gr peanuts (raw)
-glass whole milk
-2 bananas/ 1 apple
Not shown is a small bowl of rice, still on the stove
Good stuff! Not eating any greens? That would be my only suggestion there, add in some greens of some sort, even if just blending fresh or frozen spinach into your milk with some of your fruit listed here as a smoothie. Then you don't have to taste it, and it will not really add much volume to your stomach since blended into tiny particles.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The science makes sense and I did really well with feeder sets a while back. I did a lot of medial and rear delts, like 100-200 reps at the end of every workout and my shoulders came up quite a bit. You are really only adding volume, feeding the muscle, and creating metabolic signals for growth, but not actually creating mechanical damage to the cells so you stimulate hypertrophy without digging a hole.

I alternated between Feeder sets, and Cell swelling work, and definitely stand behind them as a solid tool for hypertrophy. Also great for if you have an injury and can't really train it heavy but still want some growth.

Is that you in your Avi, if so you are looking stellar!

That makes a lot of sense. My thoughts were just that instead of breaking it down fully you're breaking it down a little the day after when it's already repairing. Maybe that's where you're going? Just explaining it way better than me. I read somewhere you talked about nutrition like a snickers bar I guess to combat breakdown the day after when your body is healing? I remember rich Piana talking about the muscles getting fed nutrition while doing the feeder workouts. As if the blood itself gives the muscle nutrition.

It's like I get it but I can't explain it haha. Yeah that's me recently, after two months cut on barely any carbs. Appreciate that, you're pretty damn jacked yourself. What are you walking around at?

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
MrKleen73 that is spot on advice. Looks right to me anyhow. I think in a month or two, when I've hit my rebuild phase, I will do a log. That way we can actually test the two-a-day theory and iron-out the science. I could it having some very good benefits...

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds great.. I'd definitely consider swinging by when I go to the US. I need to go see more states since I've mainly been in the south. If it gets better than that Ill cross Mexico and go through the boarder lol

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
However with his current diet I don't really see feeder sets being very beneficial. He is eating one meal a day post training. You need nutrients in the blood to do a feeder set, otherwise all you are doing is moving a lot of empty blood around, not feeding the muscle. As we already discussed and why you are now eating throughout the day on your feeder days.
You missed my post about feeder days. I eat several meals on feeder days to make sure muscles are fed. :) Intermittent fasting on regular workout days only. Today at night is my back-feeder workout, now sitting at work with an whey shake, bananas and some grilled chicken + potatoes.
Eating greens... does Heineken count?

Ulfhednar

Awards
You missed my post about feeder days. I eat several meals on feeder days to make sure muscles are fed. :) Intermittent fasting on regular workout days only. Today at night is my back-feeder workout, now sitting at work with an whey shake, bananas and some grilled chicken + potatoes.
Eating greens... does Heineken count?

HGP, how has everything been? Whats this new dietting type your doing?