Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Got some recomp 20 and yesterday i took 2caps am and 2 pm. Today i had my first 2 with meal 1. 35pro, 50 carbs, 25fat. I wont get super into diet unless someone wants me to. but im eating maitnence on training days and a slight defict on rest days. 1-2× week il have a "cheat" meal, But it's not really a cheap it's going to be calculated. On the days I have that cheap meal. Or whatever you want to call it. I'll be eating less during the day it's not going to put me over my weekly totals.

Tonights workout should be.

weighted chins
Trap bar deadlift
Trap bar loaded carry
supported db row
boxing 4 roundd

and if theres time il hit biceps and forearms after the rounds.

Im in a bit of a rush right now but il update tonight.

Il tag ppl later.

Please make suggestions for what you would like to see or know in this log.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looking forward to following along and seeing how you like it.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Please make suggestions for what you would like to see or know in this log.
Do you have a specific goal on this run in regards to BF% drop or scale weight drop? I've been pretty curious about the recomp, looking forward to seeing how it works out for you.

Reactions: SBH
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks guys, im on my lunch break....

5oz chicken breast, 1/4 cup greek yogurt mixed with spices to dip the chicken in and a couple clementines.

Do you have a specific goal on this run in regards to BF% drop or scale weight drop? I've been pretty curious about the recomp, looking forward to seeing how it works out for you.
Well, #1 ive been eyeballing recomp 20 for a few reasons. The ingredients is also supposed to be really good for your mood and over all while being from what i read, It's awesome stuff about it raising free test and a few other things.

For those who didn't know. I got hurt and sick for about a three week stretch Where I lost about 14 pounds and my body composition Got a tiny bit worse, but not that bad.

Im kinda doing a health phaze and cleaning back up beforeci run a cycle and I like to be lean as I can be before I start a cycle. I'm currently on trt, 125mg test e5d. That will not change. So I figured this was a good time to try it out and my goal with recomp 20 Is to lose some body fat and regain some of my lost strength from being sick and injured without without losing or gaining much if any weight.

Im very good at minuplating my diet and training and i dont use a ton of natural supps outside of the basics. Last year i gave ursa a try And i'm definitely a fan. So now i thought this would be a good Time to give it a fair shot.

Sorry I know I talk a lot lol.

Goals!
Improve bodycomp
Regain strength
Feel good/improve mood.

No stims beside caffine
No steroids unless you consider a real trt dose steroids (total test is around 900 on this dose)

I will be using some healing peptides but only bpc/tb And I've used a million times and they don't have any effect on my body composition. So it's not going to skew anything.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Last year i gave ursa a try And i'm definitely a fan.
were you running Apex or did you try the XPG Ursa?
I ran I think 2 bottle of Apex and I just didn't notice anything but I might pick up a bottle of the XPG Ursa Gel. for whatever reason I seem to respond to XPG products very well.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
were you running Apex or did you try the XPG Ursa?
I ran I think 2 bottle of Apex and I just didn't notice anything but I might pick up a bottle of the XPG Ursa Gel. for whatever reason I seem to respond to XPG products very well.
Apex

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Got a good workout in, its a pull day and even when i get setback My pulling strength is pretty strong. My pushing strength goes to **** tho.
Screenshot_20240108_193559_Notepad Free.jpg

Im coming off a weird knee injury and a reoccuring lower back injury so im eazing into certain exercises. The trap bar deads were basically all warm ups with no top set. Im gonna just add reps to those weights next workout and then add a top set of 8 With a number I could probably do for 10 to 12. The following week and then repeat the process with 5lb jumps.

This is a very reduced training volume for me right now. I'm really trying to just build back up into things slowly. But I'll be doing extra cardio to improve my conditioning and make up For the extra calories I normally would burn during one of my workouts. I took about 3 weeks off before now being back in the gym 4 times.

So to sum it up, day 2 on recomp 20, first workout went good as expected and push do will by tougher. Feel good physically and calm mentally. Im sure im gonna need a week or 2 to kinda feel things out.

@sns8778 is there anything i should notice or look out for or do i kinda just do my work and let it do its thing in the background. Im kinda hoping for a improved Sense of well being. Im not sure what else to call it. The better my mood the less anxiety i get from life lol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sub. I started Recomp20 today.
Feel free to share your experience, idk if you ever look at any of my regular training log but they usually turn into a group thing one way or another. Keeps the log interesting

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Got a good workout in, its a pull day and even when i get setback My pulling strength is pretty strong. My pushing strength goes to **** tho.
View attachment 239414

Im coming off a weird knee injury and a reoccuring lower back injury so im eazing into certain exercises. The trap bar deads were basically all warm ups with no top set. Im gonna just add reps to those weights next workout and then add a top set of 8 With a number I could probably do for 10 to 12. The following week and then repeat the process with 5lb jumps.

This is a very reduced training volume for me right now. I'm really trying to just build back up into things slowly. But I'll be doing extra cardio to improve my conditioning and make up For the extra calories I normally would burn during one of my workouts. I took about 3 weeks off before now being back in the gym 4 times.

So to sum it up, day 2 on recomp 20, first workout went good as expected and push do will by tougher. Feel good physically and calm mentally. Im sure im gonna need a week or 2 to kinda feel things out.

@sns8778 is there anything i should notice or look out for or do i kinda just do my work and let it do its thing in the background. Im kinda hoping for a improved Sense of well being. Im not sure what else to call it. The better my mood the less anxiety i get from life lol.
I hope that everything progresses well with your injury recovery.

As far as Recomp20, most people including myself can tell a difference with it fairly quickly. I notice great recomp benefits from it, but a big thing that stood out to me is that I noticed an improvement in my mood very shortly after starting it, probably within the first week. It helped me be less anxious and more positive in general and kind of a motivation to power through and train on days I normally wouldn't have wanted to. Plus, and this is a huge thing for me because I have an autoimmune condition and struggle with daily energy levels, I noticed a big improvement in just my daily energy levels not just as far as working out but even in basic and daily tasks.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Interested to see how this goes. Haven't used Recomp20 yet but might after this.

Somewhat similar to you I was sick and lost 2 weeks in the gym. My strength didn't take too much of a hit. Fortunately my body was craving some time off as I was going pretty hard the past several months without a rest. However my endurance was completely shot. It's starting to come back a little bit now.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Feel free to share your experience, idk if you ever look at any of my regular training log but they usually turn into a group thing one way or another. Keeps the log interesting
Thank, you Sir.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Interested to see how this goes. Haven't used Recomp20 yet but might after this.

Somewhat similar to you I was sick and lost 2 weeks in the gym. My strength didn't take too much of a hit. Fortunately my body was craving some time off as I was going pretty hard the past several months without a rest. However my endurance was completely shot. It's starting to come back a little bit now.
My muscular endurence took the biggest hit vs. Cardio endurence. Its weird. Il pick up a weight that dosent feel heavy. Something i could normally do for 20 reps and il get like 10 super easy and after 10-12 its like the fatigue hits all at once and im struggling.

For strength Heavy pulling for low reps on chins and rows things feel normal, but pushing strength...... 🤬🤬🤬 Im usually able to do my heavy bench sets with 275-315lbs, last year in march on my bday i got 315 a few sets of 8-10 and i think i got 11 on one set. The winter before i benched 370 in comp and now im doing my sets witj 185-225, it feels heavy and my right side seems weaker then the left.

Typically it comes back fast but ive never had it go this far backwords. So im wondering if its a combination of my shouldees being jacked up with the time off and rapid weight loss

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Today is supposed to be a grappling session 6-7pm and no lifting. But..... tomorrow is my girlfriends bday and i havnt got her anything yet so i gotta put tht over the gym today. I may jogg later tonight if the rain is over but we got 100% rain and high winds in the forcast.

Il figure something out. My next day off is sunday, so il also do a weekly wrap up and progress pictures if anyone wants. Or i can just wait till the end for that. Up to yall

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My muscular endurence took the biggest hit vs. Cardio endurence. Its weird. Il pick up a weight that dosent feel heavy. Something i could normally do for 20 reps and il get like 10 super easy and after 10-12 its like the fatigue hits all at once and im struggling.

For strength Heavy pulling for low reps on chins and rows things feel normal, but pushing strength...... 🤬🤬🤬 Im usually able to do my heavy bench sets with 275-315lbs, last year in march on my bday i got 315 a few sets of 8-10 and i think i got 11 on one set. The winter before i benched 370 in comp and now im doing my sets witj 185-225, it feels heavy and my right side seems weaker then the left.

Typically it comes back fast but ive never had it go this far backwords. So im wondering if its a combination of my shouldees being jacked up with the time off and rapid weight loss
I actually have a shoulder issue myself. Haven't gone to the orthopedic yet as I was just hoping it would go away and don't want to hear it's the rotator cuff. But when I went back into the gym the pain was completely gone because one of the prescriptions the doctor gave me when I was sick was a steroid which knocked out all of the pain. Unfortunately that is only temporary so it is starting to come back.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I actually have a shoulder issue myself. Haven't gone to the orthopedic yet as I was just hoping it would go away and don't want to hear it's the rotator cuff. But when I went back into the gym the pain was completely gone because one of the prescriptions the doctor gave me when I was sick was a steroid which knocked out all of the pain. Unfortunately that is only temporary so it is starting to come back.
I can relate

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Had some bday stuff to attend too, got a quick 45min. Il be back on my regular style of training monday. I need more volume and more cardio So i'm gonna have to separate the session or do two hour workouts. So I'll be separating most of them.
Screenshot_20240110_214146_Notepad Free.jpg

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had some bday stuff to attend too, got a quick 45min. Il be back on my regular style of training monday. I need more volume and more cardio So i'm gonna have to separate the session or do two hour workouts. So I'll be separating most of them.View attachment 239488
Truthfully anymore now a days I try to stick to dumbbells in general just for injury prevention. Barbell pressing i've seen so many of my friends get injuries from it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Truthfully anymore now a days I try to stick to dumbbells in general just for injury prevention. Barbell pressing i've seen so many of my friends get injuries from it.
While i completely understand and i actually tell ppl after a certain point pressing barbells for size isint necessary if they got bad shoulders.
Ive never had a injury from a barbell press, my shoulder issues Are exactly the same as the guys I work with and none of them with weights, It's from our job. I love barbell bench press and il never really stop doing it. I still 100% plan on breaking 405 this year. Last comp i did 370 in the 198 class, this year my goal is 405 in the 220 class The main reason im dropping it right now for dumbells is so i can work them indivually and let the right side catch back up. When im pressing with a barbell i have no pain, the right side is just weaker.

But bench press is my thing, its not going anwhere. I enjoy the bench cus im good at it. Honestly its why im so frustrated lately. Cant do real deadlifts anymore because i repeatedly Hurt my lower back doing them. I've been trying for years to tweak it and change things and it never fails, or i should say..... it always fails lol.

Bench i still plan on doing at least 1. comp per year for the forseeable future. And thats why i need to get the right side back to strength.

With all that said, I have a partial tear and arthritis in both of my shoulders 🤣😪.

About 2 years ago i had them looked at and doc said basically that i need surgery eventually but to just keep doing what ive been doing till it tears because all the muscles around it are strong. Live by the sword, die by the sword, but at least you got to carry a sword.

With my line of work, rotator cuff surgery would have me out of work for about a year. All of my work, painting, pile driving, shoring stuff. They are all Heavily reliant on my shoulders working and being able to work overhead.

I was told if i get rotator surgery It's a solid 6 months before You can lift your arm high enough to grab a coffee mug off the top shelf. Painting is all shoulder Repetitive movements, and pile driving and shoring I need to lift 95lb bags of grout and spray shotcrete which is a big ass hose you gotta muscle into position to spray cement.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@sns8778 dont you have a mitoburn product? Im already Is planning on getting another recomp 20 and thinking about mitoburn and on month 2 go from this clean up recomp type phaze into more of a cut. Gotta look sharp for mid march. I cant seem to find it tho. I thought you had one called mitoburn xt?

4 weeks i dont feel is really a realistic timeframe for many things so i wanna stretch this log to 8 weeks.

As of yesterday i suddnly got my mojo back. I haven't been into training as much as I usually am the past 4-5 weeks. And I couldn't figure out why the urge to want to be in the going for a while. But its back and im ready to rock. I also picked up 2 new clients Who need to lose a significant amount of weight, And one of them is a family friend. So i'm gonna be working out with them a couple days a week, or I should say guiding them through some workouts because they're completely untrained. So I feel like I'll be better to help them while im in diet mode myself.

Plus it's the beginning of the year everybody is in diet mode right now anyway.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@sns8778 dont you have a mitoburn product? Im already Is planning on getting another recomp 20 and thinking about mitoburn and on month 2 go from this clean up recomp type phaze into more of a cut. Gotta look sharp for mid march. I cant seem to find it tho. I thought you had one called mitoburn xt?
MitoBurn XT

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
About 2 years ago i had them looked at and doc said basically that i need surgery eventually but to just keep doing what ive been doing till it tears because all the muscles around it are strong. Live by the sword, die by the sword, but at least you got to carry a sword.
honestly that's a good dr in my opinion. back in late 2008 when I tore my ACL (MRI showed it as well) the leg still seemed very secure and in good shape so my dr said you know, why don't you just live with it until it blows out and causes a for sure injury that requires surgery. here I am 16 years later, never had a surgery on my left ACL (which basically doesn't exist).

there are days that my knee feels cold in the winter, and I have slipped on the hardwood floor causing like a lockout in the knee that hurt a bit, I could tell the knee felt insecure or "hollow", but all my squat, deadlift, and running PRs came after the initial tear so I'm not convinced I need an ACL.

which I'm happy about cause I've seen more than one person get that surgery and it sucks.

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'll be following along waiting for my recomp to come in. I'm stacking it with BMP and Incinderine to help me get stage ready by April. Just got a DEXA body comp done yesterday and my bf% sitting at 18% so I've got some work to do!!!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

4 weeks i dont feel is really a realistic timeframe for many things so i wanna stretch this log to 8 weeks.

As of yesterday i suddnly got my mojo back. I haven't been into training as much as I usually am the past 4-5 weeks. And I couldn't figure out why the urge to want to be in the going for a while. But its back and im ready to rock. I also picked up 2 new clients Who need to lose a significant amount of weight, And one of them is a family friend. So i'm gonna be working out with them a couple days a week, or I should say guiding them through some workouts because they're completely untrained. So I feel like I'll be better to help them while im in diet mode myself.

Plus it's the beginning of the year everybody is in diet mode right now anyway.
I'm glad to hear that you felt like you got your mojo back yesterday. That's great.

We've got a lot of MitoBurn options :)

SNS MitoBurn XT - 500 mg. MitoBurn Per Capsule

SNS Thermo Scorch - 1,000 mg. MitoBurn, 900 mg. Sinetrol, 150 mg. CaloriBurn, 50 mg. Capsimax, 10 mg. Bioperine

CEL LipoVantage - 1,000 mg. MitoBurn, 250 mg. Hops, 250 mg. SEA, 100 mg. OEA, 75 mg. CaloriBurn, 25 mg. AstraGin, 10 mg Bioperine

CEL Lipo Elite - Stimulant Fat Burner w/ 1,000 mg. MitoBurn + a lot more

Xtreme Performance Gels - MitoBurn Gel:

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm glad to hear that you felt like you got your mojo back yesterday. That's great.

We've got a lot of MitoBurn options

SNS MitoBurn XT - 500 mg. MitoBurn Per Capsule

SNS Thermo Scorch - 1,000 mg. MitoBurn, 900 mg. Sinetrol, 150 mg. CaloriBurn, 50 mg. Capsimax, 10 mg. Bioperine

CEL LipoVantage - 1,000 mg. MitoBurn, 250 mg. Hops, 250 mg. SEA, 100 mg. OEA, 75 mg. CaloriBurn, 25 mg. AstraGin, 10 mg Bioperine

CEL Lipo Elite - Stimulant Fat Burner w/ 1,000 mg. MitoBurn + a lot more

Xtreme Performance Gels - MitoBurn Gel:

^This is like in the movies where someone tells a guy on a street corner they’d like to buy a gun, so they open their trunk to reveal an entire armory of options

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
^This is like in the movies where someone tells a guy on a street corner they’d like to buy a gun, so they open their trunk to reveal an entire armory of options
Lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
( Every round has a thirty second break in between rounds)

Cardio day- jump rope 2× 2min rounds

Heavy bag- 5× 2min rounds

Shadow boxing with various weights from 3-12lbs I'm not sure how long this went on I basically just did 20 punch combos with 3's then 5's, 8's, 10's and 12's. On the way up I took 30 seconds between changing weights. But on the way back down it was just like a giant dropset.

I was feeling good so I threw the gloves back on and I intended to do three more rounds but I just did one and then I got side tracked into a conversation And then I had to go help somebody work on a couple things. So I called it a rap.

Total workout was about an hour, between rope, bagwork and shadow boxing im moving the whole time. There's no sitting down between rounds or resting like that. You just gotta keep working. I would call it high intensity, for me I would say it's moderate intensity tho.

All in all it was a good workout, energy levels are good, And I'm wondering if Being because I feel good and yesterday like I said, My mojo came back ( Sorry don't know a better way to describe it lol )so maybe i'm just in a better place. Or maybe R20 Is already having positive effects on my mood.

My meal timing has been all over the place, But i'm making sure I hit my calories.

I apologize if I've already mentioned this. I get very repetitive because I basically just do the same stuff every day for the most part. So I forget what I post sometimes. But i'm basically having meal one before I leave for work, Drink a couple coffees and have meal to at work, Hit the gym after work and have dinner, And then two more meals after dinner. The majority of my calories are consumed between 6-10pm

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
( Every round has a thirty second break in between rounds)

Cardio day- jump rope 2× 2min rounds

Heavy bag- 5× 2min rounds

Shadow boxing with various weights from 3-12lbs I'm not sure how long this went on I basically just did 20 punch combos with 3's then 5's, 8's, 10's and 12's. On the way up I took 30 seconds between changing weights. But on the way back down it was just like a giant dropset.

I was feeling good so I threw the gloves back on and I intended to do three more rounds but I just did one and then I got side tracked into a conversation And then I had to go help somebody work on a couple things. So I called it a rap.

Total workout was about an hour. I would call it high intensity, for me I would say it's moderate intensity tho.

All in all it was a good workout, energy levels are good, And I'm wondering if Being because I feel good and yesterday like I said, My mojo came back ( Sorry don't know a better way to describe it lol )so maybe i'm just in a better place. Or maybe R20 Is already having positive effects on my mood.

My meal timing has been all over the place, But i'm making sure I hit my calories.

I apologize if I've already mentioned this. I get very repetitive because I basically just do the same stuff every day for the most part. So I forget what I post sometimes. But i'm basically having meal one before I leave for work, Drink a couple coffees and have meal to at work, Hit the gym after work and have dinner, And then two more meals after dinner. The majority of my calories are consumed between 6-10pm
I can't say for sure with you, but I know Recomp20 definitely helped me with my motivation to train. I train for the results, but I've never been one that really liked or enjoyed training and coming back to training after not being able to do anything for a year and a half after my accident, I was definitely not looking forward to training. Recomp20 was the first supplement I started using back to training and that was a huge thing for me was that it actually had me motivated and wanting to workout.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I can't say for sure with you, but I know Recomp20 definitely helped me with my motivation to train. I train for the results, but I've never been one that really liked or enjoyed training and coming back to training after not being able to do anything for a year and a half after my accident, I was definitely not looking forward to training. Recomp20 was the first supplement I started using back to training and that was a huge thing for me was that it actually had me motivated and wanting to workout.
It's already been that long since your accident? Man time flies. How are you feeling now a days. Pretty much normal? Or still aches and pains?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's already been that long since your accident? Man time flies. How are you feeling now a days. Pretty much normal? Or still aches and pains?
It was that long before I was able to start back working out.

The accident was in Feb. 2022 and it was toward the end of June 2023 before I could start back working out.

I don't think I'll ever feel normal again. It broke my shoulder and I have to be careful with that, but it destroyed my leg - the fibula broke above the ankle and below the knee so it was a free floating bone and they had to wire it in place, then the wire came loose a couple months later and slid down into the ankle and caused some tissue damage. The shin (tibia) snapped and shattered and came out through my calf muscle, so there's pain at the break area, massive tissue damage, and then one particular spot where a screw is hurts a lot of the time.

The break was so bad that they originally wanted to amputate, but I was lucky they had a really good trauma surgeon there and he went over some different options and was willing to try a set of surgeries the first doctor wasn't. It took him over 6 hours in surgery to put the fragments back together and get everything in place. I was in the trauma center 10 days, 6 months of physical therapy 5 days a week, and then had to learn how to walk again.

I still have to be extremely careful walking and especially stepping over things or with stepping to the side, like mobility wise. I have some days where the pain is worse than others, but the pain is always there.

The worst part is probably the post concussive issues, which have been just terrible. Physical pain sucks, but memory issues, depression, anxiety, etc. from the post concussion aspects is worse.

I had zero desire to train or really do much of anything, which was why Recomp20's mood and motivation aspects were a really nice plus for me. I stopped taking it when I hadn't been consistent from Black Friday till now, and I've realized just how much of a difference it was making in my mood in day to day life. My plan is to try to get back to working out next week and starting back on it, and I doubt I'll stop again, at least not for a very long time bc of how it helped with my mood and motivation, not just to train, but to do anything in life at all bc that's been a huge struggle for me since the accident.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It was that long before I was able to start back working out.

The accident was in Feb. 2022 and it was toward the end of June 2023 before I could start back working out.

I don't think I'll ever feel normal again. It broke my shoulder and I have to be careful with that, but it destroyed my leg - the fibula broke above the ankle and below the knee so it was a free floating bone and they had to wire it in place, then the wire came loose a couple months later and slid down into the ankle and caused some tissue damage. The shin (tibia) snapped and shattered and came out through my calf muscle, so there's pain at the break area, massive tissue damage, and then one particular spot where a screw is hurts a lot of the time.

The break was so bad that they originally wanted to amputate, but I was lucky they had a really good trauma surgeon there and he went over some different options and was willing to try a set of surgeries the first doctor wasn't. It took him over 6 hours in surgery to put the fragments back together and get everything in place. I was in the trauma center 10 days, 6 months of physical therapy 5 days a week, and then had to learn how to walk again.

I still have to be extremely careful walking and especially stepping over things or with stepping to the side, like mobility wise. I have some days where the pain is worse than others, but the pain is always there.

The worst part is probably the post concussive issues, which have been just terrible. Physical pain sucks, but memory issues, depression, anxiety, etc. from the post concussion aspects is worse.

I had zero desire to train or really do much of anything, which was why Recomp20's mood and motivation aspects were a really nice plus for me. I stopped taking it when I hadn't been consistent from Black Friday till now, and I've realized just how much of a difference it was making in my mood in day to day life. My plan is to try to get back to working out next week and starting back on it, and I doubt I'll stop again, at least not for a very long time bc of how it helped with my mood and motivation, not just to train, but to do anything in life at all bc that's been a huge struggle for me since the accident.
Yikes, i knew it was a bad one but i guess i didnt realize how bad

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You asked opinions on update pictures, I vote for one at the end of the run. Glad to hear your getting your mojo back! I don’t know what else to call it either.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Screenshot_20240112_224044_Notepad Free.jpg

Workout started great, i was in a great mood and everything was smooth sailing until i did those farmers walks, those kicked the **** out of me. Everything after that was probably half effort. Still i felt it was a great workout. I was going to do just legs tonight and pull tomorrow but i made plans to run sunday morning and if i did a full leg day today i would be shot sunday mornings, or actually, my legs would feel like i got shot. I do wanna do some running so maybe il keep pieceing legs into other workouts.

Bodyweight is down 1lb. I tried not to weigh myself the past few.... 10ish days but i was standing on the scale this morning before i had time to think. It does tell me that im probably eating around or slightly under maitnence so thats a good thing to take away. Il mark my cals and weight in my log today so i can have refrence points. So i can see what i weigh on how much food and what kind of training. It makes future cuts a little easier for me .

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I do wanna do some running so maybe il keep pieceing legs into other workouts.
I've started trying to run more often week to week and it's definitely a struggle to balance running and leg day. Feels like your legs are never fully recovered.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've started trying to run more often week to week and it's definitely a struggle to balance running and leg day. Feels like your legs are never fully recovered.
Definately. Running is so different for me too, i do lots of cardio but not a lot of running. A few times of year il switch it up and get 2 or 3 runs a week in. Nothing crazy. Are usually start at 2 miles per trip and work my way to 5 over a month or 2 and thats about my limit. If i do q actual leg day i need 3 days before i could run. So id only be able to get 1 run per week.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Tonight im having a big cheat dinner with my family and tomorrow i will step on the scale, mark week 1. Complete and go for a run.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds like that place may bring some HEAT!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sounds like that place may bring some HEAT!
It does, theres 4 levels of hot, #1 is fairly spicy, #2 is almost too hot, #3 is unbarable for most and #4 you would probably take 1 taste and say no thanks.

Im not a guy who is afraid of spicy, i love it. I make my own hotsauce and i grow like 20 kinds of peppers every summer and i cant go past #2, i can, but tge food is no longer enjoyable. The owner can bring out a #4 and eat it witj a smile lol