• Start date
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I talk'd to the nice people at UN headquarters and they were nice enough to send me 1 bar of each flavor of the Dr. Carb Rite Low carb bars. It was for more than just myself there was a few of us trying them out :D

Choc Mint:​
6/10.​
It wasn't bad but not great. I want more mint!​
Choc Brownie:
9/10​
This was amazing. Not too sweet had a real choc flavor​
Lemon:
9/10​
A little tart lemon bar flavor, again no fake taste. I really like this one​
Blueberry Cheesecake:
9.5/10​
Really did a great job with this one. It's hard to find an exotic flavor like this that taste's similar to the real thing. I love blueberries and I love these bars.​
Choc PB:
6/10​
Fake PB taste. Not doing it for me...not as soft as the others​
Cookie Dough:
3/10​
This one was terrible. Tasted nothing like cookie dough. It was also very hard.​
Choc Raspberry:
6.5/10​
Theres potential here. I need a little more raspberry but I like the dark choc taste with it. Sweeten and tart up that raspberry flaor and you got a winner IMO.​
Toasted Coconut:
12/10​
Yea that was that good! I love coconut and this taste just like a mounds candy bar, but with 18gr of protein and 2 net carbs!​
Cinnamon Roll:
7.5/10​
This has a strong cinnamon flavor. Not so sweet. Still enjoyable.​

I'd like to add the texture of all the bars was soft. They weren't hard like the Optimum Nutrition Diet bars. UN really did a nice job with these.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Well I talk'd to the nice people at UN headquarters and they were nice enough to send me 1 bar of each flavor of the Dr. Carb Rite Low carb bars. It was for more than just myself there was a few of us trying them out :D

Choc Mint:​
6/10.​
It wasn't bad but not great. I want more mint!​
Choc Brownie:
9/10​
This was amazing. Not too sweet had a real choc flavor​
Lemon:
9/10​
A little tart lemon bar flavor, again no fake taste. I really like this one​
Blueberry Cheesecake:
9.5/10​
Really did a great job with this one. It's hard to find an exotic flavor like this that taste's similar to the real thing. I love blueberries and I love these bars.​
Choc PB:
6/10​
Fake PB taste. Not doing it for me...not as soft as the others​
Cookie Dough:
3/10​
This one was terrible. Tasted nothing like cookie dough. It was also very hard.​
Choc Raspberry:
6.5/10​
Theres potential here. I need a little more raspberry but I like the dark choc taste with it. Sweeten and tart up that raspberry flaor and you got a winner IMO.​
Toasted Coconut:
12/10​
Yea that was that good! I love coconut and this taste just like a mounds candy bar, but with 18gr of protein and 2 net carbs!​
Cinnamon Roll:
7.5/10​
This has a strong cinnamon flavor. Not so sweet. Still enjoyable.​

I'd like to add the texture of all the bars was soft. They weren't hard like the Optimum Nutrition Diet bars. UN really did a nice job with these.
I think I once heard that Toasted Coconut was the #1 seller or something like that...

FYI, Universal Nutrition makes their own bars, just as they make their own powders, pills, liquids, etc.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Dang, these sound so good. Ive been looking for something to eat on the run when i cant get whole food. And being on somewhat of a low carb diet, i think i may have to take the plunge. The coconut sounds really good.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Dang, these sound so good. Ive been looking for something to eat on the run when i cant get whole food. And being on somewhat of a low carb diet, i think i may have to take the plunge. The coconut sounds really good.
Hit me up with a PM brother. I'll have Corporate send ya a box.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy smokes they sent you alot DW.
For anybody interested, the product description and nutrition info can be found at http://www.universalnutrition.com/store/html/product.cfm?id=25 .

The protein does come from 1st Soy Protein Isolate, then WPC. I personally stay away from Soy, but my sisters & mom are always eating the Nature Valley/Kashi/Quaker Bars. I've tried getting them to eat a few bars but they haven't been happy with them. Their main complaint is a "grainy" taste, they usually call it the sawdust taste lol.

DW did you notice any "grainyness" in the bars?

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Holy smokes they sent you alot DW.
For anybody interested, the product description and nutrition info can be found at http://www.universalnutrition.com/store/html/product.cfm?id=25 .

The protein does come from 1st Soy Protein Isolate, then WPC. I personally stay away from Soy, but my sisters & mom are always eating the Nature Valley/Kashi/Quaker Bars. I've tried getting them to eat a few bars but they haven't been happy with them. Their main complaint is a "grainy" taste, they usually call it the sawdust taste lol.

DW did you notice any "grainyness" in the bars?
Those bars are more "mainstream" bars. Not specifically designe for lifters. Hey S, do you guys carry Hi Protein Bar or even Proteon?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am going to have to order some of these to try out.. Being on a keto diet is getting boring..heh

I guess it is a good time to make my first universal/animal product purchase!

Good review DW.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I am going to have to order some of these to try out.. Being on a keto diet is getting boring..heh

I guess it is a good time to make my first universal/animal product purchase!

Good review DW.
For the record, my fav flavor is S'mores. Though like I said before Toasted Coconut may be the #1 seller. Chocolate Mint taste like Girl Scout cookies to me...

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For the record, my fav flavor is S'mores. Though like I said before Toasted Coconut may be the #1 seller. Chocolate Mint taste like Girl Scout cookies to me...
I love me some thin mints, so i may grab a box of mint...:thumbsup: Thanks for the heads up..

Do you guys sell any sort of sampler box, with 1 of each flavor?

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I love me some thin mints, so i may grab a box of mint...:thumbsup: Thanks for the heads up..

Do you guys sell any sort of sampler box, with 1 of each flavor?
Check your PM brother.