UFC Undisputed (Game)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got the game yesterday in a quasi shady fashion and it's SICK!!! It takes a while to get used to (I'm still in that process actually), but from what I do have down, it's already fun as hell. Very deep fighting system, I'm love'n it.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
it looks great
My taste can be a bit nerdy, because I really enjoy RPG type games and the career mode has major RPG elements, which makes it uber addictive for me. There is a fast, get to the point action feature in Exhibit Mode, which is most people's preference I'm sure, but I'm really addicted to building up my fighter in career mode.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how is the create a fighter. love to try and get a fedor in there as well.

I just love the idea too of odd matches, Lesnar v. Serra as an example

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
how is the create a fighter. love to try and get a fedor in there as well.

I just love the idea too of odd matches, Lesnar v. Serra as an example
Creating a fighter can take up to 30 min of customizing if you take the time to get detailed, but that's up to you, there are things I haven't even messed with in the creation mode. The career mode create a fighter is more in depth then the exhibit mode I believe, but I'm not completely certain.

I haven't even had a chance to check out those exhibition fights yet, I started my career mode last night and I've been addicted to that. The game is really in depth. I still haven't figured out what's the "best" or most effective way to develop a fighter, but I'm guessing it's an infinitely subjective experience. There's like 15 different attributes you can develop (or not).

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
my xbox recognises my version as a dvd :(
That sucks, maybe it's that whole regional exclusive thing, because you're in the UK? :dunno:

But that would be weird, because traditionally, release start with Japan and heads west, so Europe will often get a release before the US, so I'd think if there were any regional exclusion, it would have excluded my copy.

I don't know, but either way, that sucks.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pumped for it though, good to hear its living up to expectations.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pumped for it though, good to hear its living up to expectations.
I think what separates this game from its predecessors and the like, is that rather then just having to be good offensively and knowing good timing, you have to be "good," I mean really good defensively as well. I've gotten some of the offensive timing down, but I get rocked by Tito Ortiz because I don't know take down defense, ground reversals or clinch defense, and don't get me started on the BJJ rolling. At the "higher levels" of the game, you can't just win with well timed punches and head kicks.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
Defense is beginning to piss me off. My stats are leveled pretty high, but no matter what I do, it's nearly impossible to get away from underneath.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need high ground grappling defense and offense, as well as high submission defense to get out from underneath. If you so decide to be a striker, you need high ground O/D, in order to use reversals and sweeps.

Jordinator

Awards
  • Established
My taste can be a bit nerdy, because I really enjoy RPG type games and the career mode has major RPG elements, which makes it uber addictive for me. There is a fast, get to the point action feature in Exhibit Mode, which is most people's preference I'm sure, but I'm really addicted to building up my fighter in career mode.
Damn it!!! It looks really good. Wish I didn't sell my PS3...

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I have the game and love it! Got addicted to the demo online bought it that night. My credit cards hate me for it tho.

Flyers2385

Awards
Been doing the career mode with my create a guy and it's pretty cool up until now. I'm ranked 7 overall but so far the ground moves have been hard especially since it takes forever to get your characters skills up to par. I like the fact that you can face the same guy a few times during your career and his strategy is different each time.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
Been doing the career mode with my create a guy and it's pretty cool up until now. I'm ranked 7 overall but so far the ground moves have been hard especially since it takes forever to get your characters skills up to par. I like the fact that you can face the same guy a few times during your career and his strategy is different each time.
Just wait until you finally have your skills up, and then your told they won't be signing you again after the year is up.... ugh. I've held title 3 seperate times and have defended it pretty well, yet they want me gone???