Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some thoughts about the card:
1. Despite no title fights, it was solid
2. Franklin/Hendo was a good fight, but would've been a classic if it was 5 rds
3. Shogun's cardio was embarrassing; the only thing that may explain it is that his knee wasn't completely healthy in his camp and/or he didn't push it too hard (pure speculation on my part).
4. Kang, Kang, Kang...*sigh*

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am actually glad hendo won, as I think he will be a good coach on TUF, then he will be the one to end the bisping mystique

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Overall, I thought it was a pretty boring card. Franklin/Hendo was decent as was watching Palhares. Coleman/Shogun...ugh! What a letdown. And Coleman seemed medicated. Did you notice before the fight, when the camera was in Coleman's dressing room and he was sparring, he couldn't concentrate and messed up his rhythm? It was a really quick shot and when I caught it...I knew. I wish I wouldve watched the night of fights online.

Posted from an iPhone

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
I was rooting for Henderson, and I'm glad he won, but this fight was just so damn close. I saw Dan winning the first two rounds, which most people would seem to agree with, the second round being very close. How one of the judges scored it 30-27 Franklin was beyond me. When they read that score, even Rich's face had the expression of "WTF, are you serious?". That should definitely raise a brow in regards to the judges and/or scoring system in MMA. This was a fight where a draw or an extra round may have been well warranted.

Shogun/Coleman: what is there to say? sad,sad,sad. I hope Shogun gets his **** together by the time he faces chuck in april.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The easiest solution to the 10-point must system would be to add 1/2 points. Some rounds are so close that scoring it 10-9 isn't fair to either fighter.

Macurran

Awards
Worst PPV so far. Should of been free like the last event in Dublin. Was free tv caliber fights realllll dissapointing

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
man i wish kang had came in and been impressive, as for the two main events, not very interesting, franklin looked like he had no killer instinct until the 3rd round and the fight before that...umm...well yeah

jambarino

jambarino

Awards
i should have saved my $44.95 for affliction day of reckoning :disappointed:

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
Hell Yeah! I don't think Arlovski will last though however the highlight reel/ commercials look. No way.

UFC needs new superstars. Kang, fellow Vancouverite was a dissapointment (by a ****ing guillotine!? BJJ BLACK BELT GUILLOTINED!?!?!? ****KKKKKKKKKKKK, Belcher's no black belt! He was even choked by Kendall Grove before damnit) and Shogun was almost par w/ a 44 year old legend. Same crap as last time (vs. Griffin. Ie. cardio probs.)

The last PPV was more exciting for sure.
i should have saved my $44.95 for affliction day of reckoning :disappointed:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well now that Hendo won, any thougths on Hendo v. Bisping for the right to fight Anderson? Does Bisping even have a remote chance in anyones mind?

flobot

flobot

Awards
  • Established
I think Bisping's overrated but he sometimes acts like Anderson Silva. (Rapid, overwhelming strikes..) If his heart's in it I give him a 1 in 3 chance to beat Silva.

I don't know about Hendo...I still think his time's past but people have been saying that about Couture before..

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Shogun was pretty weak. He had many opportunities to finish it earlier. Coleman, should work on his cardio as well if he plans to keep on fighting.

Marcus Davis always puts on a great show. I liked that fight a lot.

Brother

Brother

Awards
Man if you show up to fight with Hinkle in your corner you know its gonna be a long night. Colemans corener was the most entertaining part of UFC93. No one has even mentioned Horns performance...understandably. Kang getting caught with a guillotine and and arm in is just funny ****. He was prctically asking for it everytime he shot in. Just sad man..the guy can fight. Shogun.... who the **** knows man. Never been impressed with Bispigy.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Bisping's overrated but he sometimes acts like Anderson Silva. (Rapid, overwhelming strikes..) If his heart's in it I give him a 1 in 3 chance to beat Silva.

I don't know about Hendo...I still think his time's past but people have been saying that about Couture before..
I cant see what Bisping will have for Hendo. I mean, Hendo will take it straight down and GnP for quite a bit. I dont think Bispings td defense will be good enough

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bisping is so overrated it makes me sick (and yes he lost to matt Hamill) Hendo would smash the snot out of His limey ass without getting out of second gear anyday. And it is laughable, even ludicrous to match Bisping against Silva.....PUR-LEEEZ...:toofunny:

Bring on GSP V BJ!!!!

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i buy say 3 out of 4 UFC PPV and i knew months ago this one was not worth it. i paid 5 bucks to watch it at a bar.

M15

M15

Awards
Bah I don't think that Bisping will be able to do anything to ANdo but you have to let them fight if he really earns it. I would much rather see Demian Maia vs Bisping.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bighulksmash MMA 51
bighulksmash MMA 12
jas123 MMA 32
Alexander MMA 3
Alexander MMA 40