UFC 74 thoughts (and 75)

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
UFC 74 is not a stacked card on paper and I was debating whether or not to order it. However we are getting 75 for free on Spike TV! I couldn't believe when I saw the ad. Rampage, Hendo, CroCop, Bisping for free. I guess if I look at it that way it's only $20 for each one.

My biggest gripe with 74 is that some of the most intriguing matchups are on the under card. I say drop Huerta (although he should make short work of it anyway) and drop Grove vs Cote (although I guess most TUF fans want to see this). I want Aurelio/Guida and Hardonk/Mir. I'd also take Babalu before the other 2 main card fights, but maybe b/c I'm a Babalu nuthugger :)

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I am a TUF nuthugger (ha!), but I think Grove/Cote can be a great fight. Grove has improved very steadily, and Cote usually brings it. I think Grove should school Cote, unless he gets caught. How can you not want to watch a guy who is 6'6'' and likes the flying knee...or even more so b/c he finished his last fight with a Brabo. I like Grove. He's come a long way.

Pellegrino/Stevenson could be an awesome, technical ground war.

The only fight I don't care much about is Mir/Hardonk, but I'm curious to see that too. Every other fight borderline fascinates me. Too bad I'm going to be away, and won't get to see it until Weds. night. I'm going to try to convince myself it is live.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I am a TUF nuthugger (ha!), but I think Grove/Cote can be a great fight. Grove has improved very steadily, and Cote usually brings it. I think Grove should school Cote, unless he gets caught. How can you not want to watch a guy who is 6'6'' and likes the flying knee...or even more so b/c he finished his last fight with a Brabo. I like Grove. He's come a long way.

Pellegrino/Stevenson could be an awesome, technical ground war.

The only fight I don't care much about is Mir/Hardonk, but I'm curious to see that too. Every other fight borderline fascinates me. Too bad I'm going to be away, and won't get to see it until Weds. night. I'm going to try to convince myself it is live.
Heh....just try to stay away from the Internet until Wednesday. It used to be you didn't have to worry about it unless you logged on to someplace like Sherdog. Now, if you go to Yahoo sports you'll see the results. I think it's a good thing though.

San Quinn

San Quinn

Awards
  • Established
Seems like a lot of the UFC fight cards are not stacked.
I miss Pride :sad:

Cant wait to see Rampage vs Hendo! Its going to be a WAR!!!! Hope Cro Cop can make it back like he did after his loss to the Monster. Bisping is pretty good but I dont think he has fought anyone thats on the same level. They seem to be giving him a easy road setting up for a title shot like Huerta.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think 74 is a solid card with good potential. 75 is a better card IMO, and 76 is also a real good card. I am happy with the UFC right now. Love the addition of Pride elites right now

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
Blazin604 MMA 7
terminator MMA 28
EVILADAMS MMA 55
pistonpump MMA 57