UFC 65 gsp vs hughes fight (no sound)

maxfeez

maxfeez

Awards
i dont know if anybody has posted this yet, but here is the fight. it has no sound though so dont think you speakers are broke.
[nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ETrAIe7zHes"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I knew that GSP was going to win, even stated that in a different thread, but I wasn't sure he was going to dominate Hughes as thoroughly as he did.

I was impressed on how easily GSP passed into Hughes' half guard and stuffed Hughes' one decent takedown attempt in the first with that sprawl. GSP was obviously the more effective striker, more focused, and totally outclassed Hughes.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GSP is just too great of an athlete for Hughes. Hughes' only advantage was his strength, but GSP nullified that by keeping it on the feet. It really seems that the Miletich camp isn't evolving at the same rate as the other elitle fighters in MMA.

That being said, BJ Penn is really the only theat to beat GSP at ths time. IF he comes in shape, Penn should be able to finish GSP this time (their first round was pure domination by Penn).

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
WORD!!! That was awesome! I wish I wolud have seen it live. GSP dominated Hughes... I didn't think it was gonna be that easy for him

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Sonofab*tch!!! What time did this come on in the East??? I turned it on around 9:30ish and it was boring-assed HBO boxing!!!! I'm so f*cking pissed!

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
GSP is just too great of an athlete for Hughes. Hughes' only advantage was his strength, but GSP nullified that by keeping it on the feet. It really seems that the Miletich camp isn't evolving at the same rate as the other elitle fighters in MMA.

That being said, BJ Penn is really the only theat to beat GSP at ths time. IF he comes in shape, Penn should be able to finish GSP this time (their first round was pure domination by Penn).
GSP is going to keep that title for a long time. Penn is a great fighter but IMO GSP is progressing a lot more quickly in his game and is a much better athlete, I don't think it'll go to decision next time around.

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
GSP is going to keep that title for a long time. Penn is a great fighter but IMO GSP is progressing a lot more quickly in his game and is a much better athlete, I don't think it'll go to decision next time around.
I agree… GSP will dominate for quite a while

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't remember if I read it on one of the MMA forums or heard it on TV, but Penn might be going back down to 155. Anybody else heard this?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I can't remember if I read it on one of the MMA forums or heard it on TV, but Penn might be going back down to 155. Anybody else heard this?
Yep. I think they said it at the TUF finale. He shoud be unstoppable, but who knows with BJ.