TRT for life?

jcfit

Awards
I know im gonna get flamed for this, but I am 18 and very interested in using AAS and wondering if i did a cycle of Test E now would i potentially have to be on TRT for life? I have always heard that using AAS at a young age is far more dangerous, but recently i have been reading things saying that using while younger actually gives you a better chance of returning to normal test levels.

Lowkii

Lowkii

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The potential is always going to be there when you mess with your hormones. Some people recover easily, others have a hard time... Nobody can really telly you the answer to this because we can't know your body.This is the risk we take when we introduce foreign source into our body. Personally, I would wait at least until you're 21.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
TRT aside, another question you should be considering here is "am I prepared to at least cycle gear for the rest of my training life?" Cos once you open this door its unlikely youll go back (to being natty). So at 19, thats a pretty major long term commitment in terms of $$, blood monitoring, etc etc.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know im gonna get flamed for this, but I am 18 and very interested in using AAS and wondering if i did a cycle of Test E now would i potentially have to be on TRT for life? I have always heard that using AAS at a young age is far more dangerous, but recently i have been reading things saying that using while younger actually gives you a better chance of returning to normal test levels.
You're 18, and discussing anabolics is not an option.

Your HPTA Axis is still developing until you're into your 20's, and you have so much natural ability to build muscle moving forward, and all you have to do is this.

1. Commit to training and become a student of all aspects. (Anatomy, Kinesiology, Nutrition, Exercise)
2. Start a great program (5x5, 8x8 HIT, PHAT, etc.)
3. Eat well, and I mean very well.
4. Get plenty of rest! Your body releases Growth Hormone while you sleep.

Maybe add in some supplements.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Perfect sense Justhere4comm. ^^^

Don't shut down your natural production yet (that's what you do when you bring in outside hormones). May not recover 100%.
Plus, get some bloods to see where you are first.
I trained for 39 years before doing any testosterone at age 50. (Of course I tried some PH's over the last 10 years).
But I got on TRT at 50, and got off after a year, didn't like the sides (prostate, anxiety, shrunken nuts, etc). Plus the constant bloods, Dr. appts, monitoring, etc.

I will re-evaluate in 10 years, you should re-evaluate in a handful of years. Just an opinion...
But this makes perfect sense like the guy before me said:

1. Commit to training and become a student of all aspects. (Anatomy, Kinesiology, Nutrition, Exercise)

jcfit

Awards
Thanks for the replies. I'll wait until I'm over 21 before I start to use.
And for training, and nutrition
I am on a 5x5 program and eating 3700cals/day, I am making progress naturally, I guess I was just getting impatient. But thank you all for the help.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're 18, and discussing anabolics is not an option.

Your HPTA Axis is still developing until you're into your 20's, and you have so much natural ability to build muscle moving forward, and all you have to do is this.

...and it is also against board rules.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It will effect a lot more than just your natural test levels at your age. It’s worth the wait to build up a solid base and get diet in check for a few years before jumping on aas.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
If you have your diet and training in order you're going to see steroid - like gains anyway at your age. The amount of size I put on in my teenage years was crazy. You don't need PH or AAS at your age. You don't need them at any age really.

jcfit

Awards
Thanks everyone, I'll just try to focus on nutrition and gain naturally for as long as I can