TRT ALONE HELP FATLOSS ?

akhimoe

Awards
Ok I did some digging into testosterone replacement therapy and fatloss

I was reading online about loosing Mid and lower belly fat and searches always come back about testosterone? Can anyone say just TRT alone helped with loosing fat and building muscle?

I’ve always been struggling loosing belly fat and getting defined

In the past I’ve lost fat and got strong in the gym doing 5x5 stronglifts

But I’ve never noticed any definition in my body or lost the rounded belly. I looked skinny fat

My diet was mainly proteins

So my question is

Can TRT alone help me loose that mid belly and lower section also add some
Definition to my body ?

Thanks

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I feel it does make a difference in body composition since your T to E ratio will be well balanced...remember being in your late teens and early 20s and looking better.? .well there u go.

As far as fat loss goes, Calories in calories remains supreme.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It will help with proper training and nutrition.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ok I did some digging into testosterone replacement therapy and fatloss

I was reading online about loosing Mid and lower belly fat and searches always come back about testosterone? Can anyone say just TRT alone helped with loosing fat and building muscle?

I’ve always been struggling loosing belly fat and getting defined

In the past I’ve lost fat and got strong in the gym doing 5x5 stronglifts

But I’ve never noticed any definition in my body or lost the rounded belly. I looked skinny fat

My diet was mainly proteins

So my question is

Can TRT alone help me loose that mid belly and lower section also add some
Definition to my body ?

Thanks
Maybe if your hormones are really really out of whack it would, but just taking trt or even full-blown steroid cycles for that matter, the effects on fat loss are minimal.

There are literally hundreds of thousands if not millions of overweight men on TRT.

The fattest I've ever got in my life was on a full-blown steroid cycle.

If you can't adhere to a proper diet and exercise program for extended periods of time then getting on hormones is not going to help you.

Going on trt without the need to be on trt don't do jack shyt.

If you think that you're working out hard enough and you think that your diet is good enough and you're not making any progress, the truth is you're not working out hard enough in your diet's not good enough. And I'm not pointing that at you, that goes for everyone on this planet.

Even with low testosterone, an overweight man following any reasonable training program, a little bit of cardio and eating in a caloric deficit for a few months we'll make progress and lose body fat. You can get absolutely shredded with no cardio and diet alone if you're eating in a deficit.

You just said your diet was mostly proteins, that doesn't mean anything, how many calories a day do you burn and how many calories a day were you eating, that's what matters. If you don't know how many calories a day you were eating then there's no way possible your diet was on point

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Smont I disagree, If your diet and training are on point TRT will get you the ability to turn more calories in to muscle and help you use a little of you fat for energy. Is the difference going to be night and day no, but it will help.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@Smont I disagree, If your diet and training are on point TRT will get you the ability to turn more calories in to muscle and help you use a little of you fat for energy. Is the difference going to be night and day no, but it will help.
In what way? Trt is going to have your testosterone in the normal naturally attainable range, I don't see any way it's going to alter the calories you eat.

If you were shredded to a point where your testosterone levels would naturally decline, trt will have your testosterone levels stay the same so in that sense it would help holding on to muscle.

But if I'm a man and say my testosterone level is 900-1000 and my diet and training is on point. And I start taking testosterone that has my levels still at 900-1000. What changes would I see cuz I don't believe there would be any at all.

Or say your testosterone level is 650 and you get on a dose of testosterone that would replicate 650, you're not going to see any changes.

There's even an argument that raising your testosterone from low natural to the top of the reference range will have little to no impact on muscle mass or fat loss.

And it can't be just the act of taking testosterone that does it because they've done studies where they give men a small dose of testosterone (lower then what they naturally produce) and they lose muscle and gain fat.

I'm not arguing here, I just don't agree. You made a point of saying if your diet and training are on point, that would mean the testosterone is the only thing responsible for the change because your diet in training would have already been on point before you started the testosterone.

So if that's the case the testosterone itself is doing something which means even with a crappy diet and training the testosterone would still be doing something.

Do you get what I'm saying

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I guess I am making a argument lol. But what I'm trying to say is I don't mean this in a hostile type of argument way. I just don't see it the same way as you, or I'm having a hard time understanding something.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just think if your diet and training are on point any extra testosterone will help you build additional muscle

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I just think if your diet and training are on point any extra testosterone will help you build additional muscle
I believe if extra means bringing you above and beyond what's naturally attainable then yes. Or if you have very low testosterone in your hormones are out of whack and you bring them up to the high end of normal yes.

But I don't believe someone with normal testosterone levels who goes on testosterone therapy and stays within the normal range will gain any benefits, maybe some so slight ones but nothing notable, and one of the reasons I firmly believe that is because I know plenty of guys on full-blown steroid cycles who make no progress at all. I've got a guy at my gym who does nothing but talk about his cycles. They always total a gram or more and with a t-shirt on you would have no idea he lifts weights. In a tank top he's got good definition but he's probably 160 lb tops at 5 ft 10, I got another guy who's on gear all the time year-round and he's fat as f***. Given I know his diet is crap because he's always"bulking" or saying he's trying to maintain his size even though he stays the same pretty much year round.

I also have to take what the op said in his post into account. And even if what you said is 100% right I still don't think trt is going to help him. He has some mentions of doing a basic 5x5 program, talks about his diet in a way that you know he doesn't really know anything about diet. Says nothing about him actually having low testosterone or having any blood work done to know, and wants to know if trt will help his situation. I'm pretty confident it won't. I also have a feeling he's been watching a lot of YouTube videos where the new craze is guys on full blown cycles saying that taking trt to get in shape.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Actually there is one thing about being on trt that I could see helping build a little extra muscle and lose a little extra fat, but this is kind of my guess there's no science or evidence behind this. If I had to choose between being natural where your hormone levels fluctuate constantly all the time, or I could pin testosterone daily or every other day and maintain a very high natural stable level, I would choose the trt with a very high natural stable level because I think being that way all the time would have some benefits over the ups and downs of normal fluctuations.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I guess at the end of the day we're arguing opinions more than facts here

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm gonna be doing HCG instead of trt soon. if you wanna have babies maybe consider it

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm gonna be doing HCG instead of trt soon. if you wanna have babies maybe consider it
Going to be very individual. All through my mid to late 20's no matter what I ran my count stayed High, testicles never shrank, recovered post cycle very quickly with or without hcg, now in my mid thirties I've been on for 2 years plus with no HCG testicles never shrink. But I have two teenagers I don't plan on having any more kids anyways

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Some guys can blast their balls off for decades and have children no problem, other guys can run one cycle and they're screwed

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Actually there is one thing about being on trt that I could see helping build a little extra muscle and lose a little extra fat, but this is kind of my guess there's no science or evidence behind this. If I had to choose between being natural where your hormone levels fluctuate constantly all the time, or I could pin testosterone daily or every other day and maintain a very high natural stable level, I would choose the trt with a very high natural stable level because I think being that way all the time would have some benefits over the ups and downs of normal fluctuations.
Thats exactly where I'd see TRT being superior, even if you are in the exact same measurement range as a natty.

Bad sleep? Levels stay same.
Extra stress? Levels stay same.
Eat low fats? Levels stay same.

Also...true, your peak level on TRT might well be exactly the same as a natty. But, the "AUC", or area under the curve, will be much greater on TRT. In other words, your peak level is the same, but you spend much more *time* with those good levels. It's like two race cars, both have a top speed of 200mph. Cool. But what if one of those cars moves constantly between 0-and-200, whereas the other rarely dips below 150? We could argue the latter car was faster, generally, even though it's top speed was no higher than the lesser car, simply because it spent more time going faster (or its average speed over time was greater, as opposed to looking at its speed as a fixed point in time as bloods do).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sooooooo, I have to change my tune a little bit. I guess I can't say there's zero difference.... So @Rocket3015, I guess I do agree with you.

But, I also from my own personal experience and my experience with others around me. The difference is going to be very small, you still need to do everything right and it's definitely not going to happen overnight. Otherwise all these middle-aged fat guys on trt would look a lot different

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
TRT is for medical purposes. It's a medication for people with insufficient test production. Hopping on trt for better fat loss makes no sense to me. TRT and occasional blasting or B&C is a completely different thing, but staying on TRT levels, when you wouldn't even medically need it is not a good idea imo.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We all have our own opinions and theory's that where great ideas come from.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thats exactly where I'd see TRT being superior, even if you are in the exact same measurement range as a natty.

Bad sleep? Levels stay same.
Extra stress? Levels stay same.
Eat low fats? Levels stay same.

Also...true, your peak level on TRT might well be exactly the same as a natty. But, the "AUC", or area under the curve, will be much greater on TRT. In other words, your peak level is the same, but you spend much more *time* with those good levels. It's like two race cars, both have a top speed of 200mph. Cool. But what if one of those cars moves constantly between 0-and-200, whereas the other rarely dips below 150? We could argue the latter car was faster, generally, even though it's top speed was no higher than the lesser car, simply because it spent more time going faster (or its average speed over time was greater, as opposed to looking at its speed as a fixed point in time as bloods do).
The difference between naturally fluctuating test levels compared to trt is something I've wondered about for a while. The fact that test levels don't drop on TRT, even if your lifestyle and stuff would make natural production drop here and there, is surely a nice thing. But generally I'd assume the closer the therapy to be of natural production, the better it would be in it's entirety. So once a day dosing should be the closest of natural production. But injecting once a week seems to be pretty standard in the US for example, which is pretty far from natural production. And in here the first choice for TRT seems to be Nebido (undecanoate), which is being injected every 8-12 weeks. Second option is Susta and the protocol is to inject once every 2 weeks. Don't know if Cyp or E is even being prescribed here.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, since many seem to do fine with todays TRT protocols.

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Anyone have an opinion on the difference between trt and the fluctuation of natural production, regarding general well being and the efficacy of the trt. What about the undecanoate? Seems like an odd protocol.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If u r overweight because your hormone deficient, it might. Otherwise, no.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If your hormones are out of whack, it'll help. If they're not, then no. Cortisol modulation could help too, depending on age, and current levels.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The difference between naturally fluctuating test levels compared to trt is something I've wondered about for a while. The fact that test levels don't drop on TRT, even if your lifestyle and stuff would make natural production drop here and there, is surely a nice thing. But generally I'd assume the closer the therapy to be of natural production, the better it would be in it's entirety. So once a day dosing should be the closest of natural production. But injecting once a week seems to be pretty standard in the US for example, which is pretty far from natural production. And in here the first choice for TRT seems to be Nebido (undecanoate), which is being injected every 8-12 weeks. Second option is Susta and the protocol is to inject once every 2 weeks. Don't know if Cyp or E is even being prescribed here.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, since many seem to do fine with todays TRT protocols.
iirc pinning every day reduces aromitization. Think i heard it from derrek more plates more dates

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
iirc pinning every day reduces aromitization. Think i heard it from derrek more plates more dates
Yeah, I've seen reports about that and more free T with daily subq pinning here on AM too.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
If your hormones are out of whack, it'll help. If they're not, then no. Cortisol modulation could help too, depending on age, and current levels.
Well that's the whole point of TRT is replacing out of whack testosterone levels right?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Daily dosing will be a lot more stable then Natty.

And most of us overthink things, I do completely fine from 1xper week to daily. But for me the difference in daily is my skin stays much clearer. That's it.

Now on a higher dose, greater then say 300, I find massive differences between daily and 1xweek.

But it's all individual stuff, everyone's going to be different. I've seen guys take 5ml of gear in 1 shot every Sunday and do fine. I would be wearing a sweater made out of pimples if I did that

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well that's the whole point of TRT is replacing out of whack testosterone levels right?
Yes sir. He just made no mention of bloods. So, I'm approaching this as they could be within normal range

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
From Muscular Development

3. Testosterone and Other Steroids. These hormones are best known for the anabolic effect of the androgens upon the skeletal muscle, causing muscular growth and strength gains.18 By increasing the relative amount of muscle, steroids decrease the percentage of body fat. However, a number of studies have determined that either testosterone, esters or some of the other anabolic steroids can also directly impact fat loss.19,20 The oral drug oxandrolone seems to have a more pronounced effect on subcutaneous fat loss, though the exact cause for this has not been determined.21

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm on trt and if I had to guess at 17-20%
That is considered fat I would guess.
Only time I get real lean is for the 4th vacation and I may get under 15%?
5,7 200 most people I know say I'm very muscular and in shape. I laugh

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm on trt and if I had to guess at 17-20%
That is considered fat I would guess.
Only time I get real lean is for the 4th vacation and I may get under 15%?
5,7 200 most people I know say I'm very muscular and in shape. I laugh
Post a pic, we can play a guessing game

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe I'll post a pic in a month or two.
Give me another reason not to have a beer.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What ever motivation you need brother !!