Trouble Meeting People

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
some times a guy really likes a girl and walks away from a date with no big finish thinking that hes been rejected. Sad but true. Basically when we were teenagers some girl who didnt what to hurt out feeling tought us to think this way.
And the other part is not being 16 or a virgin anymore continuing to date a woman beyond a few dates if she doesn't seem interested in sex seems pointless. The difference between a friendship and a sexual relationship is sex after all....

NuclearLaunch

NuclearLaunch

Awards
I understand where she is coming from. Not all relationships need to immediately become sexual relationships, and if it's the kind of person you would marry, generally they shouldn't immediately become them. I have friends that deal with this kinda stuff on a regular basis, how do you know you love the person, not just the sex?

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
im not saying im 16, and a prude but come on, first date, even if i am feeling it, it isent happening, most guys wont respect a girl who gives it up so quick and it sends in my eyes a wrong message, i like to take my time and get to know someone, and see if they are potential to stick around..... but im single so perhaps im going about this all wrong,,,,lol either way im not changing.....im ok :)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am starting to think people are overrated lol.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree! I have no tolerance for the mass majority of the human race. :) I love all my AM homies tho!!!
Haha!!
Yip!!
Try working with kids... Damn being a teacher can suck some days!!

But then again helping influence people to make changes and improvements in their own lives, to me, is worth all the sh!theads I have to meet.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha!!
Yip!!
Try working with kids... Damn being a teacher can suck some days!!

But then again helping influence people to make changes and improvements in their own lives, to me, is worth all the sh!theads I have to meet.
I can only help people who can help themselves :p lol

On a serious note, I really do like helping people. The days I really get to help someone make it worth all the hours of dealing with worthless bums.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can only help people who can help themselves :p lol

On a serious note, I really do like helping people. The days I really get to help someone make it worth all the hours of dealing with worthless bums.
Well said :)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree! I have no tolerance for the mass majority of the human race. :) I love all my AM homies tho!!!
I just cant stand people for the most part. Honestly have no idea what the hell I am going to do. Most careers you have to deal with people on some level(and some it is almost required to move forward).

Sometimes I fear I will cut out all social interaction with people. I think that is part of the reason I havent moved away from my hometown. In fear that I wont even try to talk to people anymore. Be it people I already know or trying to meet new people.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I understand where she is coming from. Not all relationships need to immediately become sexual relationships, and if it's the kind of person you would marry, generally they shouldn't immediately become them. I have friends that deal with this kinda stuff on a regular basis, how do you know you love the person, not just the sex?
not being able to tell the difference between love + lust is an internal problem with the person who can't tell the difference. Why spend the energy and time building the rest of the parts of a relationship when one or the other of you may not be interested sexually, or even moreso may have quite different sex drives/preferences? Building a relationship with the expectation of it turning into a sexual one but not working out whether the sexual portion of the relationship works is silly. Its not like those are any less valid parts of a marriage, hence the high rates of adultery and divorce.

Hyperion

Hyperion

Awards
I'm with EasyEJL on this. The best relationships i've had were ones were we slept together in the first 2-3 times we met up. I find that waiting longer than that when you are seeing someone for 3-4 hours at a time on over 5 occasions is just pushing it.

We guys are hard-wired to have sex on our minds virtually every waking hour, so the longer you deny us the more we want the sex rather than the girl, if for no other reason than to feel that we didn't waste all the time dating/flirting/talking to you for nothing. Plus, guys HATE feeling that they are being led on, and today when SO MANY women just want a guy to chase after them because they want the attention but have no intent on even kissing him, the last thing we want to do is spend time, money and energy on a selfish ****-tease.

The 3 best/most passionate relationships I've had involved sex early on and in an awesome passionate manner. The last one was so great due to how randomly it came about. I was flirting with this girl for 3-4 days (texts, msn etc) after having met her through a friend on 2 occasions, and then one time we accidentally bumped into each other in town we ended up doing some shopping together, having lunch, going back to her place for a drink and we barely made it to the bedroom (we literally left a trail of shirts, socks and shoes along the way!!!).

it didn't last very long (3 months) but I wouldn't trade it for a different relationship were I was being put through tests for a 4-5 weeks just to see if I cut it And I'm someone who hasn't had a proper girlfriend in nearly a year. I've currently got a "friend with benefits" who I see once every 2-3 weeks at her place and I'm perfectly content to keep that going until I find someone I find interesting.

Other than I see no reason why people should be in relationships simply for the purpose of being in one (ie they feel lonely, insecure without a bf/gf).