tri's with chest or not?

tri's/chest?

• Total voters
Noto

Noto

Awards
Depends on how you work your chest out first. If you just do a couple chest exercises I think it would be okay. But if you are working your chest of for 1-2 hours then move to your Tri's you've spent them quite a bit already. I always think its a good idea to work opposite groups. Biceps/triceps, Chest/Back, Quads/Hamstrings. This way you can have a long isolated workout on each muscle group without the fatigue for the opposing one.

CodyMartin

CodyMartin

Awards
I hit Tri's with chest since the muscle is used heavily anyway.

JayCut

Banned
Awards
CHEST AND SHOULDERS because you work both while in a chest workout if you havent noticed and then on a normal shoulder day you will be workin that chest again which typically isnt good so chest and shoulders is good and catch on from there

GreenTempo

Board Supporter
Awards
i've found i just can't give tris a good workout after doing chest. when i started lifting i did it with chest, as a result my arms are my weakest bodypart and ive spent the last year playing catch-up with them

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
I superset Bis + Tris anyone else?
I love it. Especially when I get that extra pump. swoll up.

From my experience. When I use to hit Chest/Tri's alot I felt as if I never did enough tri's. If I can do a 5 day split. I will always do arms together and towards the end of the week. this way I have already hit my tri's some with chest. Hit my bi's some with my back. And now I have almost 2 days in of bi's and tri's. Being the muscle it is. It has the time to rebuild itself fairly quickly. which equals more growth.

Jsherbro

Jsherbro

Awards
it honestly is a different variation. I will go weeks with tri's and chest in one day...then the following weeks i will do bis'n'tris alone. its all about variation.

Tri's before chest though is never a good idea. you wanna do big bodyparts first always.

biggerthantex

biggerthantex

Awards
i dont do tris with chest... too much of a burnout i get a better and fuller workout if i spilt them up

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
hittin it in my routine right now. chest/tri's. lovin hte pump. I'll do this for 2 more weeks then change it up.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
with arms right now.......

i have and do chest/tri's as well.........

jman3967

Awards
if you do bis/tris - quads/hams - chest/delts - back/rear delt it makes it so that at least for upper body days youre hitting each body part twice a week and keeping your muscles constantly re-building without taxing them too much on their secondary days. your chest and back are larger muscles and therefore can handle (and also need) more work to be done on them for maximum growth

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
chest... then tri

EDIT: same day

Last edited:

Grimmer

Awards
Yeah i like Bis and Tris at end of week

I do them on a day at end of week. It's kinda like hitting em twice in a week cause they do get hit at the beginning of the week. Tris secondary with chest and Bis secondary with back. Just no way around it. So Friday or Saturday ends up being an arm specific kill day.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's my current for the next 6 weeks:

Current Split is:

Day 1: Back/Chest
Day 3:Legs/Shoulders
Day 6:Bis/Tris

All supersetted, with plenty of rest between my biggest day legs/shoulders.

Previously my tri's were worked with my back - opposing muscle groups - I dig the push-pull

Last edited:
msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Very similar one i may start soon.

Arms/f-arms/shoulders
Legs
Chest/Back

That's my current for the next 6 weeks:

Current Split is:

Day 1: Back/Chest
Day 3:Legs/Shoulders
Day 6:Bis/Tris

All supersetted, with plenty of rest between my biggest day legs/shoulders.

Previously my tri's were worked with my back - opposing muscle groups - I dig the push-pull

zay1967

Banned
Awards
I personally like keep my arms workout separate. That way I can maximize all the energy in them. On another note, I like to split my flat bench days and my incline bench days. Mondays I do flat dumbbells, and flat bench, and flat dumbbell flyes. Fridays I do incline bench and incline dumbbells and incline flyes. Any thoughts from anyone?

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
my answer is yes and no......my reasoning is, some times i am just so worn out i cant do much in the gym, on my chest day i kinda just want to get outta there and go home and sleep.....so on those days i just do chest when i do arms i do tries if i skip it on chest day.....

iron matt

Awards
Lately I have been doing chest and tris together. Each week I either do chest first or tris first. I usually do this for a few months then switch to doing chest only and having a day that is tris/bis. I think the important thing is to switch it up and not always do the same workout!!!

BettrBdyMitch

BettrBdyMitch

Awards
I work tri's with back, and bi's with shoulders, and it works out well for me. I give chest its own day.

Sergiu

Awards
I try to avoid doing tris with chest because I feel I'm doing better at it when I do it this way. Plus, the gym classes end before I have time to do both chest and triceps properly and I can't use the locker if the next gym class starts because they lock them during the classes.