Trip to Dallas -- Help me out, TX Friends!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys,

I'm going to be in Dallas (at the Sheraton) all week next week for a conference. I want to know if you guys have any recommendations on a good gym for the evenings there. From what I saw in t he photo, the "fitness center" just has a row of cardio equipment. I'm hopeful they have at least some minimal weights/machines that I can make do with, but if not, I definitely need to bust out for at least one or two workouts.

Biggest issue is I'll be without transportation (flying in and taking the bus/shuttle to the hotel). So I'll need something in walking distance, doable via that bus system, or reasonable cab fare.

Also, interested if any of you have any specific recommendations on places to go, things to do, and restaurants to frequent.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I'm of no help but just wanted to say to enjoy the trip

Dfwjag

Dfwjag

Awards
I think there is a 24 hour fitness close to were you are going to be, for sure in walking distance and there is also Gold's gym a mile or two away.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Appreciate it!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not sure about gyms in that area as I just do the LA Fitness up near me, but I would definitely check out Pecan Lodge for BBQ as it's not too far from your hotel.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Be happy you're not driving. Dallas traffic sucks. We only ever go to Dallas to party so I won't be much help to you, sorry.. Lol

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So the photo online didn't do much justice, but I hit up tripadvisor and was searching reviews with the word "gym" in them and most of them raved about it. Last one was from like 8 months ago, but it was saying there was a ton of equipment (both weights and cardio). I would have to assume that they haven't downsized it since then, so I'm hopeful that I'll be gtg.

Websites are garbage at helping so far with things to do lol. I'll google "Dallas events" and get stuff like 20 miles away. I mean, I know it's not far, but for someone without a car, I'm not wanting to drop money on a cab left and right or constantly wait on public transit. So we'll see.

Wishing it was closer to McKinney so I could go lift with sgtgreen !

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There's an aquarium and a museum within a mile or two of the Sheraton I think. I know there's a 24 hour fitness somewhere around there.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Public transportation sucks here. I would highly recommend setting up an uber account to get around if you don't have a car.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Public transportation sucks here. I would highly recommend setting up an uber account to get around if you don't have a car.
I've also seen a few different ads from people handing out free $20 codes too for your first Uber ride. I can try and find them for you of you decide to go that route.

scw538

scw538

Awards
You should uber to metroflexx in Arlington so you can always say you worked out at Ronnie Coleman's gym. It is like 8 bucks a day.

sgtgreen

sgtgreen

Awards
Yeah you're about 25 minutes south of Mckinney. It'd be free workouts though. haha

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah you're about 25 minutes south of Mckinney. It'd be free workouts though. haha
I was WAY busier with meetings than anticipated. Great networking trip for me though. Got recruited pretty hard and that felt wonderful.

Next time I come to TX, it'll be to visit McKinney for sure. Gotta check out the gym and the fire station (our new station should start being built soon, which is very exciting).