Transdermal question

speedmerchant

Awards
Can anyone here share some objective feedback on commercial transdermal carriers and which has the better absorbtion rate. I'm new to transdermals, I am not a chemist, and have only heard of 2 products- Finaderm and Penetrate. Judging from what I've read, Penetrate dries out too quickly and leaves a residue. Finaderm seems to have drawn out a lot of skeptics with it's claimed 80% absorbtion rate. Can anyone make a recommendation on which trans carrier is more effective?

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Can anyone here share some objective feedback on commercial transdermal carriers and which has the better absorbtion rate. I'm new to transdermals, I am not a chemist, and have only heard of 2 products- Finaderm and Penetrate. Judging from what I've read, Penetrate dries out too quickly and leaves a residue. Finaderm seems to have drawn out a lot of skeptics with it's claimed 80% absorbtion rate. Can anyone make a recommendation on which trans carrier is more effective?
Thats basically what every thread in this section discusses. My favorite is phlojel.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I would always go the conservative rout and guesstimate absorption at ~30-40% with phlojel and added PE's.

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
I recommend phlo-jel. IMO it appears to be the best practical carrier.

From purely personal experience I would guess it has an absorbtion of around 25% to 33% (which is much better than the other options floating around)

I think DMSO will deliver a pretty good rate but it is impractical to use because of skin irritation

Pretreating an area with DMSO then applying Phlojel appears to increase absorbtion, but can only be done so often because of skin irritation once again

Fina derm's claim of 80% is laughable, if anyone had a carrier that could deliever 80% transdermal absorbtion for hormones, the pharmaceutical companies would be beating down their door.