Training Routine w/ Prohormones..

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
So I followed a routine last year, that was definitely higher volume (each workout took around 60-80 minutes, and I made HUGE gains on it, but eventually plateaued/burned out (lifting mon/tue/thur/fri).. I have been doing a recomp routine for about a month now, recovering to go back into intense bodybuilding, except this time I will be running a PH w/ it. My question is, as far as training goes, I'd like to run that same routine, since I honestly was making great size gains on it. Thus, would my body respond even better to the routine this time around since I'm running the PH? I want to make the best gains I can, while not having to worry about 'burning out.' Although I am assuming with the PH I won't have to really worry about 'burnout.' Please share your thoughts, thanks!

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
can you post the routine? I'm just curious
Here's the routine I was following before..

Monday: Upper Heavy

Incline Bench (Barbell) - 2x5-6 , 1x10-15 (burn set)
TBar Row or Barbell Row - 2x5-6 , 1x10-15 (burn set)
Pushpress - 2x5-6 , 1x10-15 (burn set)
Lat Pulldown - 2x5-6 , 1x10-15 (burn set)
Cable Lateral Raise SS w/ Rear Lateral Raise - 3x10-15
(Standing Straight / Bent Over)

Tuesday: Lower Light

Squats - 2x5-6 , 1x5-6 (backoff set) , 1x10-15 (burn set)
Stiffleg Deadlifts or Glute Ham Raises - 4x8-15
Tricep Extensions SS w/ Barbell Curl - 4x10-15
Dumbbell Lunges - 4x5-6

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: Upper Light

Incline Bench (Dumbbells) - 4x6-10
Hammer Pulldown/back Machine - 4x6-10
Flat or Decline Dumbbell - 4x6-10
Dumbbell or Hammer Strength Row - 4x6-10
Incline Dumbbell Fly - 3x6-10
Dumbbell Lateral Raise SS w/ Rear Deltoid Fly - 3x6-10

Friday: Heavy Lower

Deadlift - 3x3, 1x10-12 (burn set)
Front Squat or Barbell Lunge - 3x5-10
Leg Press - 3x5-6
Leg Curl - 3x5-6
Dumbbell Hammer Curl SS w/ Dip - 3x5-6

I'm guessing I need to change those rep ranges.. Maybe the sets too.. Since I'll be using a PH and I am trying to bulk, maybe I should change most of the lifts to 4x8-12? Anyone? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I think higher reps, as possible, and gradual weight increases are key to any routine.

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
I think higher reps, as possible, and gradual weight increases are key to any routine.
What do you think about the number of sets? And what are your thoughts on the major compound lift rep ranges (i.e. deads, squats, pushpress, etc)?

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Looks good, no more than 4 or less than 3, keep reps as high as possible and add weight in small increments. I think you should really blast off with that.

cranghel099

cranghel099

Awards
  • Established
if your getttin burned out, try deloading the volume every 4-6 weeks

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
if your getttin burned out, try deloading the volume every 4-6 weeks
Good point, unfortunately that happens sometimes. If you start cycle at minimum load, and sometimes this is harder than full weight, then increase as absorbtion does, burnout can be delayed till PCT. JMO

CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal

Awards
  • Established
Good point, unfortunately that happens sometimes. If you start cycle at minimum load, and sometimes this is harder than full weight, then increase as absorbtion does, burnout can be delayed till PCT. JMO
Thanks man.
I will be taking 1 week rest before starting the cycle. Once I start the cycle, I will go straight into that routine. Since I will be fresh back into it, I am assuming I will be alright since of course I won't be going directly into my heaviest weights. It will take me a few days to adapt and get to my full potential at my peak weight/rep range.